Forums59
Topics1,038,778
Posts13,952,605
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935970 03/25/21 02:32 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Bud...... you are consistent and determined ....... I gotta hand it to you. I don't know what ol Boyd did to you, but it must have been bad. roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Frank the Tank] #13935974 03/25/21 02:35 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Bud...... you are consistent and determined ....... I gotta hand it to you. I don't know what ol Boyd did to you, but it must have been bad. roflmao

Boyd rejected BOFool in some capacity, whether it was as a fisherman (highly doubtful) or in an office capacity (toilet bowl and ash tray cleaner). Of that, there can be no doubt.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Dan21XRS] #13935984 03/25/21 02:43 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Should be a pretty big shindig... Good for Orange, Tx., good for BASS... Dan thumb

Yep. Happy to see a Texas community getting a huge injection of revenue.

[Linked Image]
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13936025 03/25/21 03:06 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Should be a pretty big shindig... Good for Orange, Tx., good for BASS... Dan thumb

Texas will very likely shatter all records and deliver the biggest turnout for a Bassmaster Classic ever. The great fisheries of the state have been in the spotlight a lot recently, so there is a lot of interest by people even outside of the state, and making a trip to attend the Classic could be viewed as a dream fishing trip. The only drawback I can see is the June temperatures could be borderline brutal.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936039 03/25/21 03:16 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
What was the BASS event that was held at Roberts and Frisco several years ago that was a big flop ?

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936044 03/25/21 03:22 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Texas will very likely shatter all records and deliver the biggest turnout for a Bassmaster Classic ever. The great fisheries of the state have been in the spotlight a lot recently, so there is a lot of interest by people even outside of the state, and making a trip to attend the Classic could be viewed as a dream fishing trip. The only drawback I can see is the June temperatures could be borderline brutal.

I was literally in a truck taking every few rigs into the stadium for the final day weigh in of the Conroe Classic in 2017 and there were maybe 500 people there. Stop the foolishness. It was cool to see young Jordan Lee win the title though and then win it again the next year. Maybe he will win another this year!!!! Oh, wait............

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: BThomas] #13936112 03/25/21 04:23 PM
Chris B Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by BThomas
What was the BASS event that was held at Roberts and Frisco several years ago that was a big flop ?

It wasn’t a BASS event. It was the Toyota bass fest. I think that was the last year before they turned it over to BASS.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: hillcountrybass] #13936293 03/25/21 06:47 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by hillcountrybass
Newby here does Big O work for Bass? If he doesn't he should ! There is not enough good fishing programs on so I watch both and are both entertaining. Scott Martin will help with the popularity of Bass IMO my 15 yr old son and 16 yr old nephew watch him on Youtube and his show are enjoyable. Bass does have less recognizable pro's than MLF but both formats are so different I don't understand the riff between them. Cant wait for BMC in June on Ray Roberts.

I doubt he is gainfully employed, but yes its nice to watch both!

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936862 03/26/21 01:18 AM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by 206champion

I don’t have a favorite pro tour but I don’t see how MLF brings anymore than Bass because they have no crowds to spend any money, no live stage weigh ins .

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

Thank you for bringing common sense and reality to a big o thread. grin

It seems the local officials have analysis and studies from past events to support the article and it contradicts what some people here view as common sense and reality. Personally, I will trust the conclusions coming from their due diligence before I would come to my own unsubstantiated conclusion, just because I don’t like what their determinations came to.

From the article: when the first event in Orange attracted a then record 30,000 plus fishing fans.

This isn’t the areas first rodeo... they’ve hosted BASS and others in the past and I am sure they have a keen understanding of the positive (and negative) economic impact these events can have on their local communities.

MLF posted an article about viewership and you claimed it was manipulated data, cant the same be said for this?

Team Wolfs
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13936888 03/26/21 01:41 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

Thank you for bringing common sense and reality to a big o thread. grin

It seems the local officials have analysis and studies from past events to support the article and it contradicts what some people here view as common sense and reality. Personally, I will trust the conclusions coming from their due diligence before I would come to my own unsubstantiated conclusion, just because I don’t like what their determinations came to.

From the article: when the first event in Orange attracted a then record 30,000 plus fishing fans.

This isn’t the areas first rodeo... they’ve hosted BASS and others in the past and I am sure they have a keen understanding of the positive (and negative) economic impact these events can have on their local communities.

MLF posted an article about viewership and you claimed it was manipulated data, cant the same be said for this?

I suppose anything is possible, but not sure why a municipality would manipulate the findings of their own studies and analyses from past events to justify spending their own money and resources again? In many cases BASS gets paid and receives other fee reductions such as licenses, etc.. to bring these events to a location. The municipalities crunching the numbers count on the events to draw big enough crowds to generate enough taxes to offset and recoup the costs those municipalities incurred while managing their end of it. I don’t see what benefit it would serve to those municipalities if the data from past showed it cost them money, instead of made them money or at least broke even and at same time benefited local businesses.

I mean, if it was a bust for them in the past, why make up statistics to hide that and then do it again?

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936934 03/26/21 02:22 AM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I suppose anything is possible, but not sure why a municipality would manipulate the findings of their own studies and analyses from past events to justify spending their own money and resources again? In many cases BASS gets paid and receives other fee reductions such as licenses, etc.. to bring these events to a location. The municipalities crunching the numbers count on the events to draw big enough crowds to generate enough taxes to offset and recoup the costs those municipalities incurred while managing their end of it. I don’t see what benefit it would serve to those municipalities if the data from past showed it cost them money, instead of made them money or at least broke even and at same time benefited local businesses.

I mean, if it was a bust for them in the past, why make up statistics to hide that and then do it again?

Not sure why a government entity would manipulate numbers? Wow....you’re an even bigger idiot than I previously thought.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936948 03/26/21 02:38 AM
O
Outdoor Therapy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Big O? What do you do for BASS?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: criglizard] #13936954 03/26/21 02:45 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by criglizard

Not sure why a government entity would manipulate numbers? Wow....you’re an even bigger idiot than I previously thought.

I never said that... but in this situation I fail to see what would be gained by it. It’s not like the local businesses that buy permits and license to operate at the event wouldn’t know from past events if what’s being said wasn’t somewhat accurate. Why don’t you put forth a reasonable explanation as to why and what incentive they have to do so along with your disagreement?

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Outdoor Therapy] #13936958 03/26/21 02:48 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Outdoor Therapy
Big O? What do you do for BASS?

I don’t do anything for BASS. Not affiliated in anyway other than having held a membership most of my life.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13936960 03/26/21 02:50 AM
O
Outdoor Therapy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Why do you dislike MLF?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide