texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,899
Posts13,955,000
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. #13935130 03/24/21 09:31 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
It seems the small communities that host BASS events know the valuable economic impact those visits bring. Write ups like this get shared with tourism and business chambers in another small towns and just reinforce what many already know, that hosting a BASS event is well worth the price they pay, and BASS sets the standard for the type of ROI they should expect. The small community around Sabine River, Orange Boat Dock seem to understand that.

From the extensive article:

After weather and pandemic setbacks, it's a miracle that B.A.S.S., the owners of the Bassmasters Elite fishing tournaments, are set to bring their $1 million event to the Orange Boat Dock in a couple of weeks.

“Our sincere hope is that the businesses of Orange County see a positive impact from the influx of anglers and visitors and that our local residents are able to enjoy a fun, family-friendly event."

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935142 03/24/21 09:48 PM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
I figured it would be more than a million. If it was MLF/BLF it would probably be more with all the big names fishing that circuit.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Darin S.] #13935149 03/24/21 09:57 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Darin S.
I figured it would be more than a million. If it was MLF/BLF it would probably be more with all the big names fishing that circuit.

You just don’t get it... the people are attracted to the brand, and the brand they know and love is BASS. It’s not the angler, and it’s certainly not MLF they relate to, it’s BASS. That is the brand that made any of those names you are thinking of big, BASS gave them the big stage, to fulfill the big dream, and provided them with the place to catch the big fish... it was only after that did any individuals name become big.

Some people may know the big name Petty or Earnhardt, but everyone knows the name NASCAR... and without that brand name, the two individual names would have been nothing close to what they are now.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935163 03/24/21 10:03 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
It seems NASCAR was it height of popularity when Dale was alive, and NASCAR quickly dropped off the charts after he died.
Maybe there is another example you could use

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935175 03/24/21 10:09 PM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
I think it’s safe to say the majority of the bass fisherman on this site are attracted to both. If either one of them came to my area I would attend the event. I’m surprised you haven’t figured out the vast majority of TFF members support B.A.S.S and MLF. You can keep trolling and trashing but you’re not changing anyone’s mind. bang

I hate everything
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Darin S.] #13935201 03/24/21 10:29 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
I think it’s safe to say the majority of the bass fisherman on this site are attracted to both. If either one of them came to my area I would attend the event. I’m surprised you haven’t figured out the vast majority of TFF members support B.A.S.S and MLF. You can keep trolling and trashing but you’re not changing anyone’s mind. bang

Funny; now why don’t you tell everyone just what that event would be like for MLF. By the looks of things in past, the only activity happening around an MLF tournament location is people walking their dogs around the boat ramps/docks. Something tells me that is the kind of thing they normally do regardless if there is a tournament or not. Are you contrasting that with what BASS brings to all of its events?

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935210 03/24/21 10:37 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
BASS is in such a bad place attracting sponsors that they are having to give away memberships to kids. Trying to get the membership numbers up

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935213 03/24/21 10:40 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
FOBOF

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Darin S.] #13935219 03/24/21 10:42 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

I don’t have a favorite pro tour but I don’t see how MLF brings anymore than Bass because they have no crowds to spend any money, no live stage weigh ins .

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: 206champion] #13935230 03/24/21 10:56 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 206champion

I don’t have a favorite pro tour but I don’t see how MLF brings anymore than Bass because they have no crowds to spend any money, no live stage weigh ins .

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13935237 03/24/21 11:03 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by 206champion

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

Thank you for bringing common sense and reality to a big o thread. grin

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935240 03/24/21 11:05 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

You just don’t get it... the people are attracted to the brand, and the brand they know and love is BASS. It’s not the angler, and it’s certainly not MLF they relate to, it’s BASS. That is the brand that made any of those names you are thinking of big, BASS gave them the big stage, to fulfill the big dream, and provided them with the place to catch the big fish... it was only after that did any individuals name become big.

Some people may know the big name Petty or Earnhardt, but everyone knows the name NASCAR... and without that brand name, the two individual names would have been nothing close to what they are now.

BASS provided the place to catch the big fish, please explain that??

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935267 03/24/21 11:23 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
if the fishing is good,the TV exposure will bring bring a lot of fishermen to the area in the months and years that follow....

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: beartrap] #13935280 03/24/21 11:33 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by beartrap
if the fishing is good,the TV exposure will bring bring a lot of fishermen to the area in the months and years that follow....

You must have never fished the Sabine out of Orange Texas. The majority of the fish weighed on the "BIG STAGE" will be 14"ers.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935284 03/24/21 11:38 PM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Funny; now why don’t you tell everyone just what that event would be like for MLF. By the looks of things in past, the only activity happening around an MLF tournament location is people walking their dogs around the boat ramps/docks. Something tells me that is the kind of thing they normally do regardless if there is a tournament or not. Are you contrasting that with what BASS brings to all of its events?

I don’t know the numbers for either but there hasn’t been very many people at the weigh-ins that I’ve seen on TV. We are still in a pandemic so both tours are still lacking attendance. My son likes Wheeler,Lee, and Defoe, and he liked them before MLF. Therefore, if we had a choice between the two we would attend the MLF. Exactly what does B.A.S.S bring to all of its events? No one has ever heard of half of the Elite field.

I hate everything
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide