Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: 361V] #13933956 03/24/21 12:00 AM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by 361V
OK you two! Take it out back or you both are going to time out! 😇

roger that

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933973 03/24/21 12:22 AM
S
ssfireman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
people always want to blame someone else. the captains fault . Its sad but its true

Last edited by ssfireman; 03/24/21 12:22 AM.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933979 03/24/21 12:30 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I would think that liability waivers would be mandatory. All parties sign a waiver. Its done at almost every tournament level.

Rangerkev
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Bass Buster1] #13934720 03/24/21 03:45 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
I love kids, I have been working with boys 12-18 through church for 25 years or so. I absolutely love taking kids fishing, especially if a parent will go. It brings so much joy to see a kid catch a fish! I don't like "HS" fishing tournaments. How about take a kid fishing because it is fun or relaxing or a way to provide a healthy meal instead of teaching them that fishing is about money and that we will do anything including cheating or risking life to win.(the life risking thing happened on Roberts last year everyone just got lucky that time) Fishing is for fun! Relax a little, Wawi and grout-scout especially, go fish, spring spawn is on!

So if this is the argument - does this mean that football, baseball ' basketball, etc should not be competitive sports in HS? ??
Maybe we should just all go out in the yard and play catch for the "enjoyment " of the sport...
To carry it further, it could be argued that we should all just use a bobber and a worm to truly "experience " the relaxing atmosphere...

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Txduckhunter] #13934792 03/24/21 05:01 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
I love kids, I have been working with boys 12-18 through church for 25 years or so. I absolutely love taking kids fishing, especially if a parent will go. It brings so much joy to see a kid catch a fish! I don't like "HS" fishing tournaments. How about take a kid fishing because it is fun or relaxing or a way to provide a healthy meal instead of teaching them that fishing is about money and that we will do anything including cheating or risking life to win.(the life risking thing happened on Roberts last year everyone just got lucky that time) Fishing is for fun! Relax a little, Wawi and grout-scout especially, go fish, spring spawn is on!

So if this is the argument - does this mean that football, baseball ' basketball, etc should not be competitive sports in HS? ??
Maybe we should just all go out in the yard and play catch for the "enjoyment " of the sport...
To carry it further, it could be argued that we should all just use a bobber and a worm to truly "experience " the relaxing atmosphere...

Oh boy, now you did it. Prepare for him to tell you to “relax a little”.

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: grout-scout] #13934800 03/24/21 05:08 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Oh boy, now you did it. Prepare for him to tell you to “relax a little”.

Lol.
It's ok.
I hear what he is saying and it has merit but isnt realistic.

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Txduckhunter] #13934822 03/24/21 05:37 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

The sports you mention are sanctioned UIL sports but yes sometimes playing a sport simply because you love the game is awesome!

My feelings about "HS" tournament fishing can be summed up in this quick analogy. Put 20, 6 year olds on a soccer field where they run and chase the ball and laugh and have a great time. Now add the parents of those kids to the mix who each think their kid is the next soccer phenom and watch how things change. Most of us have seen this played out, it gets ugly in a hurry, not fun for anyone anymore!! Almost embarrassing how adults will behave! Now take those same parents and kids 10 years down the road and put 400-500 of them in Bass Boats all on one lake, and there you have it, HS tournament fishing. It is ugly!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13934847 03/24/21 05:59 PM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
crazy enough I hear parents are booking and paying guides to run boats for their kids for tournaments......absolutely crazy

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Bass Buster1] #13934857 03/24/21 06:09 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

The sports you mention are sanctioned UIL sports but yes sometimes playing a sport simply because you love the game is awesome!

My feelings about "HS" tournament fishing can be summed up in this quick analogy. Put 20, 6 year olds on a soccer field where they run and chase the ball and laugh and have a great time. Now add the parents of those kids to the mix who each think their kid is the next soccer phenom and watch how things change. Most of us have seen this played out, it gets ugly in a hurry, not fun for anyone anymore!! Almost embarrassing how adults will behave! Now take those same parents and kids 10 years down the road and put 400-500 of them in Bass Boats all on one lake, and there you have it, HS tournament fishing. It is ugly!

UIL doesn't sanction those 6 year olds you were speaking of. UIL has NOTHING to do with HS fishing either, so your UIL argument really holds no merit. Let's be honest, when has UIL EVER made anything better?
You are correct, it is usually the parents that end up being the problem. I've had just as many (or more) bad experiences with adults on the water in non-HS events as I have with HS anglers.

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: gut hooked] #13934860 03/24/21 06:13 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by gut hooked
crazy enough I hear parents are booking and paying guides to run boats for their kids for tournaments......absolutely crazy

True story.Not saying I agree with buying a win by any means

But...………… no one says anything when those same parents pay a retired pro to teach their kids how to play any other sport. Or, spend an insane amount of money on an animal to have in the show ring to maximize the potential for a win...

Not saying I agree with buying a win by any means

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13934866 03/24/21 06:17 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
That is precisely my point, it is not UIL sanctioned so the rules are made up by??? You are also letting the players on the field(the parents) who some(not all) will have very questionable ethics and judgement because they want their baby to win! I am no fan of govt. but HS fishing is a very busy city roadway with no signs or rules or cops. Gonna be a big problem at some point!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: gut hooked] #13935007 03/24/21 07:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by Tiltman
I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies

now it makes sense..........

I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies and individuals for years

nice try though

I was Illustrating that you are a professional arguer.......hence the forceful and repetitive posts with hopes of the last word.

Reminds me a lot of small man syndrome , gotta make sure we know that you know that we know you know.....

Small man syndrome......lol......nice......you take me out of context, attack my work history and claim I am the problem......you are a very very special person....I like to fight and don't shy from one, never have, never will.....and if a person like you steps to a person like me, I guess we will just butt heads until someone stops.....lots of people try to make an example out of me, don't know the reason, don't care.....but if you're not my dad or a sitting judge, you will quit long before I do.

You will not bully me into silence, you will not misquote me and have me not respond, and I can go on for hours.....what say we both just walk away from this one......

You got problems dude, I will pray for you...

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Bass Buster1] #13935008 03/24/21 07:36 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
That is precisely my point, it is not UIL sanctioned so the rules are made up by??? You are also letting the players on the field(the parents) who some(not all) will have very questionable ethics and judgement because they want their baby to win! I am no fan of govt. but HS fishing is a very busy city roadway with no signs or rules or cops. Gonna be a big problem at some point!

Who makes the rules for Basschamps. Media, TTT, etc? The tournament directors and owners...… same as HS tournaments.

So your saying that people may cheat? Agreed.
But cheaters are going to cheat, rules or ruling bodies won't change that. I know that THSBA (can't speak on others because I don't play with them much) require a polygraph for the win and have a random. They also have permanently banned people who have been caught.
People cheat UIL rules ALL THE TIME!
Your gonna have to come up with something stronger than the basic premise of "but the children"..... because I'm listening but I haven't heard anything that was a concrete reason for NOT having HS tournaments.
Not liking it isn't a reason to stop it, I don't like golf but folks are more than welcome to play it.

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13935246 03/24/21 11:10 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
With someone else as the executor of the captains estate the captain and wife must not have been together. Typically the surviving wife gets his assets.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide