Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... #13931847 03/22/21 02:16 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I’ve seen a handful of new catfish boats this year on Lewisville that are fully rigged and certainly look like they know what they are doing. Over the last 10 yrs I’ve gotten used to seeing the same 3 or 4 guys fishing my lake for Blues on the weekends. This year the number seemed to triple. Who all fishes Lewisville now and what kind of boat are y’all in? Me and my son will come say hello or you can hollar at us when you see us. We’re easy to spot with the T-top and the Texas Flag up top waving in the wind.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13931877 03/22/21 02:36 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
it aint me up there, but I'll agree I've seen quite a few new cat specific rigs out as of late. Or maybe not new rigs, but certainly set up for catfishing.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13931921 03/22/21 03:04 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
I heard that last year (Licenses bought from August 2019 to August 2020) set a record for fishing license being purchased. I also heard that a record number of fishing licenses have been bought from August 2020 till December 2020. eeks

Side Note: Hopefully most will respect the resources. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13932046 03/22/21 04:32 PM
JJ4MEL Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
I’ve seen a handful of new catfish boats this year on Lewisville that are fully rigged and certainly look like they know what they are doing. Over the last 10 yrs I’ve gotten used to seeing the same 3 or 4 guys fishing my lake for Blues on the weekends. This year the number seemed to triple. Who all fishes Lewisville now and what kind of boat are y’all in? Me and my son will come say hello or you can hollar at us when you see us. We’re easy to spot with the T-top and the Texas Flag up top waving in the wind.

You have been posting more and including all the big fish you're catching. Then you start sharing HOW you're catching those fish. What did you expect? Now you described your boat, they will be waiting and watching you on the lake, LOL.

That's what I would do!!

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13932111 03/22/21 05:21 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
What did I expect? I always expect a certain amount of potlicking to go on when I post because guys just want to catch fish and I get that.. Used to make me upset but now I don’t mind and take it as a compliment. I’ve found that most guys that follow my posts or use my advice will introduce themselves and say hello and thanks. Your one of those guys Jonathan and that is why we are TFF buddies and I respect you. Guys can try and study my pics and try and figure out what, where, why, and when I’m catching fish but unless your talking directly to me it’s not going to help you much. I put up lots of smoke screens to throw off the Sherlocks. On the other hand, I’m an open book when it comes to my fishing buddies and guys in my network. if I know ya and your friendly you get real intel from me and my fishing network. If your a Sherlock then come introduce yourself and you’ll get a lot better intel then from some post. I’m not complaining about the new catfisherman on my lake, just want to know who everyone is.

Last edited by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊; 03/22/21 05:28 PM.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13932273 03/22/21 07:17 PM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
Been wanting to get up and try Lewisville, and will before it gets hot. If you see a Black Pontoon with rod holders all over it with 8 to 10 rods in the water, that will likely be me. Most of the time I'm by myself, but will occasionally have someone with me.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13932324 03/22/21 07:44 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Come on up Z...Hollar at me when you go and I will try and point y’all in the right direction...the ol lake can be pretty tough

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13932930 03/23/21 11:20 AM
B
Billy Goat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I'm in a white and blue Sea Pro with a Yamaha engine.

I fish LL and Ray Roberts, depending on who I'm fishing with, how much time we have, and wind direction. I really haven't seen that much lake traffic from other catfishermen, thus far.

"a hook out of water will only catch a fisherman"
Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933065 03/23/21 01:14 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I will look for ya when we’re out there Billy Goat. If I see ya I will come say hello. I’ve seen 3 brand new bay boats, 3 or 4 pontoons, a skiff, several Jon boats, and several bass boats all heavily rigged up for catfishing.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933175 03/23/21 02:26 PM
F
FishinGlenn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I'm not surprised that more people are fishing for cats on Lewisville Lake. The human population growth in North Texas is one reason. The healthy population of catfish is another. It may not have as many trophy fish as other area lakes, but I have yet to be skunked when I'm after those whiskered critters. Even when I'm crappie fishing some cats are often caught. If I can find cats in my little green canoe without any sonar then anyone can catch them.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933234 03/23/21 03:08 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Anybody can catch them but there are different levels of Catfishing and your idea of success is probably much different than mine. I’ve been fishing this lake weekly my whole life and I still take a skunk from time to time. If you’ve never been skunked in your little cove then you haven’t been fishing very long. Just sayin. Throwing jugs out in the closest cove and hoping for the best doesn’t require much skill and anybody with a canoe can go do it and catch a few fish. Heck you might even do pretty good in March and April from time to time. Patterning bait and fish year round and locating them on sonar, on the other hand, requires a mountain of knowledge. I’m willing to bet the house that every single experienced bluecatr on here will tell you it was a long hard road with lots of heartbreak to get to the level they are at. I know you think that since you can catch a handful of fish without sonar or a big boat then it must be easy if you had those things. This forum is full of guys that would disagree. Bluecatn ain’t easy! Some guys just make it look that way...

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933883 03/23/21 11:16 PM
B
Billy Goat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I make it look easy between March and May. thats all I fish! too hot in the summer (and too much boat traffic), and I'm hunting the fall/winter.

I seriously have no clue in the wintertime!

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933886 03/23/21 11:18 PM
B
Billy Goat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
I will look for ya when we’re out there Billy Goat. If I see ya I will come say hello. I’ve seen 3 brand new bay boats, 3 or 4 pontoons, a skiff, several Jon boats, and several bass boats all heavily rigged up for catfishing.

likewise sir. I love meeting fellow catfishermen.

Guys like Tom and Larry were my mentors early on, and I learned 90% of what I know from Bobby Kubin.

Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933934 03/23/21 11:46 PM
C
Captain Yakker Offline
Angler
Angler
C
You may see me out there in a Hobie PA14 running Livescope. I wear an orange NRS vest. I live on the east side of the lake. But if I see you, I might give a short blast with portable air horn to say hello.

Fishin' to stock Lake Crisco.
Re: Lewisville Bluecatr roll call... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13933954 03/23/21 11:58 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I’ve fished with all those guys years back and learned a lot from em all. Larry worked on all my boats and guns for 25 yrs until he tore his retina. I actually live in the house across the street from Larry’s old place when he had the gun shop in Lewisville years ago. I’ve fished with Tom 3 trips but it’s been a long time. I see him on the water a lot in the spring and early summer. Those guys are all a different level of catfish angler than I am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide