B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
No, MLF has the bigger names. I wouldn't exactly say they have the better talent. Do not mistake name brand for better. Patrick Walters against the other guys? Pretty good. Keith Combs? Pretty good. John Cox? John Crews? Any one of the number of guys I named could compete. You had older guys in the MLF that weren't doing much on the Elites and decided to leave because their careers were on the way out. BASS made big names before, and they will continue. Once the big names in the MLF are gone, they are gone and you will know a small handful of the remaining guys. There is talent and big names on both sides, but let us not forget which organization is responsible for creating them.

Looking at the bassfan world rankings 7 of the top 10 in the world are with Major league fishing, 70/30 split is about right, 70% of the best talent is with MLF 30% is with Bassmaster.

@Lone_Wolf - First of all, let’s have some disclosure. Your source is owned by the very same person who is majority owner of MLF; you knew that. Do you still trust it’s independence and ability to subjectively rank individual anglers properly? Second, how many MLF “Cups” are being used in the statistics? Are they listing fictionalized reality TV show appearances in the stats? Third, what have any of them done lately?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: J.H.S.] #13932345 03/22/21 08:00 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Would you watch a baseball game, recorded on your DVR 6 months later? Probably not. It’s irrelevant at that point.

Some of these folks will say anything to try and prop up that failed and flawed business model because they don’t want to see all those guys who fell for the career damaging “no entry fee” and “you’ll become a TV celebrity” bait they were fed, end up being shown to be the gullible fools they truly are.

Meanwhile, going into the knockout rounds on Pickwick they have a good lineup of guys in the money where fishing should get even better than it already has been.

[Linked Image]

It’s good to see a couple of the former FLW “smart money” guys sitting in the top 10.... their good decisions a year ago to vacate that slow motion train wreck are quickly being validated.

Who? Cherry hadn't won anything since 2013, but wins a Classic against the second tier Anglers left after the defection. And I've never heard of the other guy. confused 3

Here is a list of "second tier" anglers that fished that Classic:

Stetson Blaylock
Seth Feider
Micah Frazier
John Crews
Brandon Card
Keith Combs
Chris Zaldain
Bill Lowen
John Cox
Patrick Walters
Jamie Hartman
Mark Menendez
Scott Canterbury
Brandon Cobb

That is to name a few. Pretty salty "second tier".

Too easy. Wish catching fish were this easy.... fish
I could not care less-just so you know. cheers

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932360 03/22/21 08:09 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
No, MLF has the bigger names. I wouldn't exactly say they have the better talent. Do not mistake name brand for better. Patrick Walters against the other guys? Pretty good. Keith Combs? Pretty good. John Cox? John Crews? Any one of the number of guys I named could compete. You had older guys in the MLF that weren't doing much on the Elites and decided to leave because their careers were on the way out. BASS made big names before, and they will continue. Once the big names in the MLF are gone, they are gone and you will know a small handful of the remaining guys. There is talent and big names on both sides, but let us not forget which organization is responsible for creating them.

Looking at the bassfan world rankings 7 of the top 10 in the world are with Major league fishing, 70/30 split is about right, 70% of the best talent is with MLF 30% is with Bassmaster.

@Lone_Wolf - First of all, let’s have some disclosure. Your source is owned by the very same person who is majority owner of MLF; you knew that. Do you still trust it’s independence and ability to subjectively rank individual anglers properly? Second, how many MLF “Cups” are being used in the statistics? Are they listing fictionalized reality TV show appearances in the stats? Third, what have any of them done lately?

Lol! There have been so many times that I think I’ve seen your craziest comment ever and then you continue to back them up one after another.

Maybe take a peek at Lee, Evers and Wheeler’s stats over the last several years. They’ve been outright dominant. There are outstanding anglers in both leagues but without question the MLF field is stronger. It’s a waste of time to argue otherwise.

Swindle, Palaniuk, Hackney and Christie help tremendously in both star power and angling skill but the overall field still comes up short in stats.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Mark Jones] #13932389 03/22/21 08:39 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Lol! There have been so many times that I think I’ve seen your craziest comment ever and then you continue to back them up one after another.

Maybe take a peek at Lee, Evers and Wheeler’s stats over the last several years. They’ve been outright dominant. There are outstanding anglers in both leagues but without question the MLF field is stronger. It’s a waste of time to argue otherwise.

Swindle, Palaniuk, Hackney and Christie help tremendously in both star power and angling skill but the overall field still comes up short in stats.

I mentioned Wheeler and Defoe in a previous post that acknowledged their relevance in the rankings; I am referring to the many others, that went to MLF and you’ve hardly heard a thing about them since. And the metrics that are being used to measure between the two leagues are the same when truth is they should be very different. There is a difference in difficulty for placing in the money of a 5 biggest fish vs most little fish tournament, and the difficulty level between the tournaments are not being properly reflected in stats. Not all is equal, and should not be treated equally in an objective “best fisherman rankings”. The closest comparison I can describe to MLF is the Senior Tour of the PGA. A lower difficulty circuit, where younger guys such as Wheeler, Defoe, and a few others have excelled, while many others have rapidly declined.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932397 03/22/21 08:50 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Would someone please give Warren his baseball back. Maybe that will keep his nonsense off here for awhile

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Dubee] #13932417 03/22/21 09:09 PM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee
Would someone please give Warren his baseball back. Maybe that will keep his nonsense off here for awhile

Big O is mostly a broken record at this point but he gets a lot of responses so why would he get off this totally biased BS.

If I'm watchin TV I'll watch any fishin show that's on.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: rbspots] #13932518 03/22/21 10:50 PM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Jacob Wheeler
Ott Defoe

Arguably the 2 best fisherman in the world right now. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932542 03/22/21 11:12 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
What about Cox, he has to be in the top 5 best in the world right now.

Cox is slinging it everywhere. Cox is going both ways as as often as he can get in

#MFGA
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932560 03/22/21 11:26 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Lowen, a stand up guy gives a kid in audience a membership to BASS!

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/22/21 11:27 PM.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: dillydilly24] #13932709 03/23/21 01:23 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dillydilly24
Jacob Wheeler
Ott Defoe

Arguably the 2 best fisherman in the world right now. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul.

I would put Thrift in there too. If you put both leagues together and cut to 100 after a season many more current BASS guys would be losing their tour card than MLF guys, its obvious. There's a bunch that made the elites only from getting the call up from the opens early because they needed to fill the tour, that's where BASS made the mistake and why the have such a weak field. They would have been smart to have just sent out invitations to FLW pros from their world rankings and gone down the list after they sent out typical opens invitations.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932735 03/23/21 01:44 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I don't think either trail has a "weak" field. Some of the new guys at BASS could hang with any of the old BASS guard. Walters, Welcher, and New among many others could hold their own easily. Both leagues are filled with some really good anglers and of course a smaller percentage of incredibly talented anglers.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Mark Perry] #13932742 03/23/21 01:53 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I don't think either trail has a "weak" field. Some of the new guys at BASS could hang with any of the old BASS guard. Walters, Welcher, and New among many others could hold their own easily. Both leagues are filled with some really good anglers and of course a smaller percentage of incredibly talented anglers.

Agreed. I'm glad a bunch of young guys got in the elites. Pickwick has turned out to be a slug fest even with a blown out lake.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Chris B] #13932749 03/23/21 01:59 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Chris B

Agreed. I'm glad a bunch of young guys got in the elites. Pickwick has turned out to be a slug fest even with a blown out lake.

Yep. The weights each Elite event since the split sure have not went down at all.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Mark Perry] #13932802 03/23/21 02:54 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

Exactly. Its nice to have options all the time.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932806 03/23/21 02:56 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

Lowen, a stand up guy gives a kid in audience a membership to BASS!

Did the kid get the sticker, and 3 crummy lures, decoder ring, and poor fitting hat that BASS keeps offering me.... roflmao

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide