Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: dillydilly24] #13931717 03/22/21 12:49 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by dillydilly24
I’m simply stating the argument of not being able to watch MLF live is invalid. I can watch the same number of live events on whatever screen I want for MLF as I can for the Elites. I couldn’t care less about the business model, affects me none. I want to watch as much fishing from the best fishermen in the world regardless of format. I enjoyed watching Koby whack them in the rapids just as much as watching Connell catch a 9-5...... from my 80 inch LED

You might have a bigger boat. But don’t be knocking on my 80” led! roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13931839 03/22/21 02:07 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Would you watch a baseball game, recorded on your DVR 6 months later? Probably not. It’s irrelevant at that point.

Some of these folks will say anything to try and prop up that failed and flawed business model because they don’t want to see all those guys who fell for the career damaging “no entry fee” and “you’ll become a TV celebrity” bait they were fed, end up being shown to be the gullible fools they truly are.

Meanwhile, going into the knockout rounds on Pickwick they have a good lineup of guys in the money where fishing should get even better than it already has been.

[Linked Image]

It’s good to see a couple of the former FLW “smart money” guys sitting in the top 10.... their good decisions a year ago to vacate that slow motion train wreck are quickly being validated.

Who? Cherry hadn't won anything since 2013, but wins a Classic against the second tier Anglers left after the defection. And I've never heard of the other guy. confused 3

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Walls] #13931850 03/22/21 02:18 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by WALLS
Would you watch a baseball game, recorded on your DVR 6 months later? Probably not. It’s irrelevant at that point.

Some of these folks will say anything to try and prop up that failed and flawed business model because they don’t want to see all those guys who fell for the career damaging “no entry fee” and “you’ll become a TV celebrity” bait they were fed, end up being shown to be the gullible fools they truly are.

Meanwhile, going into the knockout rounds on Pickwick they have a good lineup of guys in the money where fishing should get even better than it already has been.

[Linked Image]

It’s good to see a couple of the former FLW “smart money” guys sitting in the top 10.... their good decisions a year ago to vacate that slow motion train wreck are quickly being validated.

Who? Cherry hadn't won anything since 2013, but wins a Classic against the second tier Anglers left after the defection. And I've never heard of the other guy. confused 3

Here is a list of "second tier" anglers that fished that Classic:

Stetson Blaylock
Seth Feider
Micah Frazier
John Crews
Brandon Card
Keith Combs
Chris Zaldain
Bill Lowen
John Cox
Patrick Walters
Jamie Hartman
Mark Menendez
Scott Canterbury
Brandon Cobb

That is to name a few. Pretty salty "second tier".

Last edited by J.H.S.; 03/22/21 02:51 PM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: J.H.S.] #13931852 03/22/21 02:23 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

[Linked Image]

Well you win the dumb comment award. Here is a list of "second tier" anglers that fished that Classic:

Stetson Blaylock
Seth Feider
Micah Frazier
John Crews
Brandon Card
Keith Combs
Chris Zaldain
Bill Lowen
John Cox
Patrick Walters
Jamie Hartman
Mark Menendez
Scott Canterbury
Brandon Cobb

The talent is with MLF, your looking at it with blue shield colored glasses, there are good anglers in both but MLF has the deeper field.

Last edited by SC-001; 03/22/21 02:24 PM.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: SC-001] #13931871 03/22/21 02:30 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
No, MLF has the bigger names. I wouldn't exactly say they have the better talent. Do not mistake name brand for better. Patrick Walters against the other guys? Pretty good. Keith Combs? Pretty good. John Cox? John Crews? Any one of the number of guys I named could compete. You had older guys in the MLF that weren't doing much on the Elites and decided to leave because their careers were on the way out. BASS made big names before, and they will continue. Once the big names in the MLF are gone, they are gone and you will know a small handful of the remaining guys. There is talent and big names on both sides, but let us not forget which organization is responsible for creating them.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13931885 03/22/21 02:41 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
I dont really get into the mlf vs Bass deal. I know when I watch Bass I feel like I am watching a true competition and I will watch. I dont really like watching MLF because it has a game show feel to it. Kinda scripted and just doesnt feel authentic. That's just my opinion.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13931930 03/22/21 03:12 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
3 years in and still this.

Big o you've done more harm than good.

Mlf still sucks

The fox deal changes nothing for me. I do not have cable. Most people that are interested in this stuff are likely fishing or too busy to be parked on front of tv. If they did want to watch they have it on their phones.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: SC-001] #13931932 03/22/21 03:14 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SC-001

[Linked Image]

Well you win the dumb comment award. Here is a list of "second tier" anglers that fished that Classic:

Stetson Blaylock
Seth Feider
Micah Frazier
John Crews
Brandon Card
Keith Combs
Chris Zaldain
Bill Lowen
John Cox
Patrick Walters
Jamie Hartman
Mark Menendez
Scott Canterbury
Brandon Cobb

The talent is with MLF, your looking at it with blue shield colored glasses, there are good anglers in both but MLF has the deeper field.

I just laugh at some of these self proclaimed valuations that come out of MLF and it’s few supporters. According to them, they have the super bowl of bass fishing with the redcrest; never mind they’ve only managed to have 2 of them in their 3 seasons of existence, and the combined attendance of fans for those two events would be easily eclipsed by the amount of parking attendants needed to be working the Bassmasters Classic. Or, (this one is even better) that MLF is the largest bass fishing organization; never mind that fact that BASS has well over 500 THOUSAND current members from around the world. And of course the common most frequent talking point, that MLF has the best of and the most of the known anglers. Never mind that fact that the vast majority of those anglers actually became a recognized name because of their accomplishments at BASS, and that since their departures, none of those big names apart from perhaps Ott Defoe and Jacob Wheeler have won a thing of any significance. The former stars of BASS have pretty much become nothing but a memory for the most part have vanished from the winners circle.

But hey, the good news is those big shots, they are not paying entry fees and have a chance at becoming a reality TV star! How’s that working out for them? I think it’s working out about as good as the truth of all those self proclamations being tossed around!

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: J.H.S.] #13932014 03/22/21 04:05 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
No, MLF has the bigger names. I wouldn't exactly say they have the better talent. Do not mistake name brand for better. Patrick Walters against the other guys? Pretty good. Keith Combs? Pretty good. John Cox? John Crews? Any one of the number of guys I named could compete. You had older guys in the MLF that weren't doing much on the Elites and decided to leave because their careers were on the way out. BASS made big names before, and they will continue. Once the big names in the MLF are gone, they are gone and you will know a small handful of the remaining guys. There is talent and big names on both sides, but let us not forget which organization is responsible for creating them.

Looking at the bassfan world rankings 7 of the top 10 in the world are with Major league fishing, 70/30 split is about right, 70% of the best talent is with MLF 30% is with Bassmaster.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/22/21 04:05 PM.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13932144 03/22/21 05:48 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Looking at the bassfan world rankings 7 of the top 10 in the world are with Major league fishing, 70/30 split is about right, 70% of the best talent is with MLF 30% is with Bassmaster.

Yea I get the "rankings", but in fishing that is very subjective. I was ranked number 2 in college bass fishing my senior year at ASU, and it was soley based upon tournament finishes. That was back with the Lee brothers, Shane Lehew, Brett Pruett, and some other big names that fish professionally. I can assure you with 100% confidence those guys are and were better fisherman than myself. I would venture to say any pro on any trail that is doing this professionally are generally fairly equal in talent. Some are better in certain regions of the country than others, but overall the talent pool is pretty deep. MLF has some of the bigger, more recognizable names, but in terms of talent, no one side is heads up better than the other (IMO). Regardless of what stance you take, BASS has had a major hand in creating all the big names in the sport, and they will continue that trend with the current crop of anglers fishing the Elites. Some are well on their way.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: J.H.S.] #13932158 03/22/21 06:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

Yea I get the "rankings", but in fishing that is very subjective. I was ranked number 2 in college bass fishing my senior year at ASU, and it was soley based upon tournament finishes. That was back with the Lee brothers, Shane Lehew, Brett Pruett, and some other big names that fish professionally. I can assure you with 100% confidence those guys are and were better fisherman than myself. I would venture to say any pro on any trail that is doing this professionally are generally fairly equal in talent. Some are better in certain regions of the country than others, but overall the talent pool is pretty deep. MLF has some of the bigger, more recognizable names, but in terms of talent, no one side is heads up better than the other (IMO). Regardless of what stance you take, BASS has had a major hand in creating all the big names in the sport, and they will continue that trend with the current crop of anglers fishing the Elites. Some are well on their way.

Maybe not Pruett. He CAN eat a lot of pizza though. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13932171 03/22/21 06:12 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Maybe not Pruett. He CAN eat a lot of pizza though. roflmao

Lol I bet that boy can pack it down. I remember fishing the natty at Beaver and him and his partner Paul showed up to fish in jeans and boots, and proceeded to beat our lights in on the final day. That final day consisted of me and my partner (who were nobodies), and then Dustin Connell, Jordan Lee and Shane Powell, Shane Lehew, and Brett.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932182 03/22/21 06:16 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You were in some tough company for sure.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13932195 03/22/21 06:27 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
You were in some tough company for sure.

Guys on a different level than I felt like I was for sure.

Re: Elites LIVE on Fox Sports [Re: Big O Florida] #13932214 03/22/21 06:36 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
MLF have the "Used to be's"
BASS have the "Going to be's"

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread