Interesting!! Thanks!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13920598 03/12/21 10:00 PM
J
JetMech Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Never launched a boat from TC is it pretty accessible?

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13920885 03/13/21 02:42 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
It is accessable, there are a few areas that could reach up and bite you. Honestly, you could walk into Henrietta hole, go below where the water is knee deep and cross. Walk up to the upper arm on the north side and tear them up. Me and Mason are going Sunday, expecting rain but we are going up anyway. Will be side imaging the creek with the helix, will know more then. It is a long boat ride if you don't know what is too shallow.

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13923041 03/15/21 01:34 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Still early, and it is work right now. Water is warming up, have not seen any Crappie caught up there.. Side imaged from below the hole to just below the log jam. Any area on the deep side of the creek, look for areas where the bank collapsed. These large holes are holding fish.

Mason and I ventured up the creek this morning, and just got home 7pm. We went right to the Hole and there was a guy fishing there with a limit at 8:30am. This is the area just up from the hole to the right. We eased up above him and caught a couple dozen fish, and Mason did real good with a Jig.. Casting to the wall, and finesse pop the jig off the bottom. About 10am we went up and hit every hole and step until we were about half way to the I-35 bridge. Above Henrietta Hole we did not get any bites, we kept going up and a few small steps above this we caught a few here and there. There are fish up the creek, just not concentrated like they are at the area Marked with the large "A" see below. Caught a couple fish in just about every hole marked on the map, but we had to work though.. Saw some footprints up there, so someone has been scouting as well. Was a real nice day out with Mason, and we found some really cool fossils. No limit today, caught allot of smaller fish. Would say we had about 20 that we would have kept out of about 60ish.. Scouting was fun, and really a nice day out. Many people at the Hole and below. We ran across a boat that had motor probs and gave them a tow for about a mile before another boat came and took over.

See picture below.. The yellow marks are steps that the fish must go up, or thru. The small letter "A" is areas where we caught a couple. The Large "A" is a guaranteed limit if you get there first in the morning. Still have not gone up the elizabeth branch. Below the hole is still work at this point. You can catch fish is you stay near gravel, and bump the rocks. If you are on a mud bank at this point, keep walking until you see gravel...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 03/15/21 01:56 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13923070 03/15/21 01:52 AM
W
Windbreaker Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Prosise, is it possible to walk to these areas?

[Linked Image]
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13923145 03/15/21 02:50 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
You can walk to Henrietta Hole. Most park here, and walk in. Google map location
If you wade across the creek down below the hole here
cross here
You cross here, and you can walk over to the upper right area of the creek that is doing good. Be prepared to get wet, and muddy. In coming weeks it will get better, and better so you can get out and look around.

As for the areas I marked with the small "a", you would likely have to access it from the airport.

Last edited by prosise; 03/15/21 02:51 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13923939 03/15/21 08:57 PM
M
MrWhite87 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
is there not a "no parking" policy in that neighborhood? we usually walk from 377 but I'd love to shorten the hike.

[/URL]

Levi White
White Out Termite and Pest Control
www.whiteoutpestcontrol.com
817-675-9135
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13924273 03/16/21 02:26 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
I only walked in twice, when all was flooded. You can see the trail from google earth. When I did park there, ai left a note on my dash... Aw

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: MrWhite87] #13924507 03/16/21 11:59 AM
T
T- Gil Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
If it is a public roadway, and you are legally parked...not sure where the problem would be? The issue could be trespassing between the road and the creek, but I've not been there or seen property lines of the area to make an educated guess about that.

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13925481 03/17/21 01:13 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Mason and I went bass fishing today, was a tough day but we picked up a few. We were fishing creeks on the upper end so we idled up to the feeder creek that runs parallel with the bike/walking path. To get to this creek we had to idle thru 2.5 foot water, then use the trolling motor to get to the creek entrance. This creek is accessible by foot, and it has some sand bass in it. We fished all the way back to the bridge. Three are two deep holes marked with the yellow arrow below. We tried some areas for Crappie but no luck. The water is brown and clear in most of the creek. There were signs of people fishing, but nothing caught where they were at. Found a whole lot of tackle in the trees.. Caught about a dozen small sandbass, nothing of size. Will go back to this in the canoe, I would strongly warn you about heading up here in a big boat. I was side imagine the area and you can see where boats came into the shallow muddy areas. Used the 360 on the creek and there are fish in it, but it is not stacked. Note: the two areas pinpointed are holes, one is 19ft deep, the other is 15ft.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 03/17/21 02:39 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13925938 03/17/21 02:10 PM
S
Slick Rick ‘06 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I caught 2 females and 3 males at the Henrietta Hole yesterday. Fishing was work. Also hooked into a LN gar further down the creek. It spit the jig 10 ft off the bank. Any bow fishermen ought to go harvest some of those. Saw lots of rough fish

You ain’t gonna catch any sittin’ on the couch.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13929067 03/19/21 07:47 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Prosise, I just want to be clear right off the bat that this is not an attack or anything of that nature but only my observation after you posted a map saying that the fish are biting in a spot I found previous to your post. Last week, I fished an area that had absolutely no foot traffic at all and everywhere I went, I was the only foot tracks (those you saw were very likely mine). I fished this area and caught well over 2 limits of fish myself (All released) and never saw another person. These fish were vulnerable due to the fall in the water level and were sort of trapped. I saw no signs of trash or anything of that nature either. Fast forward to today. I get to the area and immediately notice that the entire bank was completely walked down and by that I mean there was not a single place that did not have foot tracks on it. Not only that but I also notice half a fishing rod, several modelo and corona bottles on the bank and several empty jig bags on the bank. I proceed to fish the exact spot that yielded an easy 20 fish last week only to catch 4 undersized males. While walking down to another spot, I come across a guy fishing the same general area (The only person I have ever seen in this area in my 8 or so years of fishing here) and we proceed to start talking. He said that he saw this posts of your map. Whether that is how he was there or not I am not sure as I didn't ask but I don't think it is a coincidence. He then tells me that he was there yesterday and saw a guy with a cooler of 80 fish in it. Based on what I caught today I would say it's a safe bet that at least 75 percent of those fish were undersized. That's why I didn't do good today. After the post, everyone went there, fished, and kept everything they could while trashing the place. I understand completely that you are trying to help those with kids ect. but those aren't the only people that you are sending there. I know this from experience that these posts only do harm. I help as many as I can via PM but never on the open forum. There are almost 5,000 views on this thread and if 1 percent of those people show up, it's too many. People will camp all night, keep all they catch and trash the place and I feel like this is a prime example of this. Again, I am only saying this to show you what these posts with maps do and hope that you will see the harm they do. Tight lines

Last edited by fishin'aholic2; 03/19/21 07:49 PM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13929600 03/20/21 02:51 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
No worries, I understand and I typically carry out a 5 gallon bucket of trash when we go up. There are people who do not repect the resource, and it is what it is. I put a report out for parents who want to put their kids on fish. I have stepped up and have called a few people out for not respecting the creek. Appreciate the feedback and respect the honesty. Have not been up since last Tues as it is still early. Been bass fishing hard all week. Appreciate the pictures off the fishing expeditions and seeing the smiles on the kids faces is priceless. Game warden was up there last week, you might want to report the info. Keep updating, it helps the big picture..

Prosise

Update: Probably going to check out a few things. LLast week I found a group of females in a strange location and want to see what they are doing. Not accessible, and is a very odd location. Also found some Crappie and going to check on them as well. Big ol Crappie too.. Really did not expect to see any females or Crappie at all until April but you just never know. I guess the last two years of flooding right when they get there has accelerated things.. Then will go scouting.. Temps dropped, and water temp is fluctuating. I will also be picking up trash, as anyone that knows me knows that I cannot let it go. Got in a nice productive discussion with a man at 377 bridge that tossed a beer can into the creek. Didn't have to get up in his business, but rather did it in a way that was productive. I really appreciate seeing the people who are stepping up and picking up things left by others. Much appreciated, and the Creek appreciates it as well.

Last edited by prosise; 03/20/21 03:58 PM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: KidKrappie] #13930498 03/21/21 02:10 AM
B
Bumblebee488 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
last year I saw some guy at his truck who had a couple empty cans of beer and instead of dropping them in the bed of his truck or putting them behind his seat he just tosses them in pile of trees. disgusting, and would have said something, but he was helping me with vehicle troubles at the time so I opted not say anything (maybe i should have). its unfortunate that a lot of people, especially fisherman who should know better, are intentionally leaving their trash on the banks. it takes less than 5 seconds to stuff that empty minnow bag or can of worms in your tackle box.

Last edited by Bumblebee488; 03/21/21 02:12 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: KidKrappie] #13930506 03/21/21 02:18 AM
B
Bumblebee488 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Prosise, I just want to be clear right off the bat that this is not an attack or anything of that nature but only my observation after you posted a map saying that the fish are biting in a spot I found previous to your post. Last week, I fished an area that had absolutely no foot traffic at all and everywhere I went, I was the only foot tracks (those you saw were very likely mine). I fished this area and caught well over 2 limits of fish myself (All released) and never saw another person. These fish were vulnerable due to the fall in the water level and were sort of trapped. I saw no signs of trash or anything of that nature either. Fast forward to today. I get to the area and immediately notice that the entire bank was completely walked down and by that I mean there was not a single place that did not have foot tracks on it. Not only that but I also notice half a fishing rod, several modelo and corona bottles on the bank and several empty jig bags on the bank. I proceed to fish the exact spot that yielded an easy 20 fish last week only to catch 4 undersized males. While walking down to another spot, I come across a guy fishing the same general area (The only person I have ever seen in this area in my 8 or so years of fishing here) and we proceed to start talking. He said that he saw this posts of your map. Whether that is how he was there or not I am not sure as I didn't ask but I don't think it is a coincidence. He then tells me that he was there yesterday and saw a guy with a cooler of 80 fish in it. Based on what I caught today I would say it's a safe bet that at least 75 percent of those fish were undersized. That's why I didn't do good today. After the post, everyone went there, fished, and kept everything they could while trashing the place. I understand completely that you are trying to help those with kids ect. but those aren't the only people that you are sending there. I know this from experience that these posts only do harm. I help as many as I can via PM but never on the open forum. There are almost 5,000 views on this thread and if 1 percent of those people show up, it's too many. People will camp all night, keep all they catch and trash the place and I feel like this is a prime example of this. Again, I am only saying this to show you what these posts with maps do and hope that you will see the harm they do. Tight lines

I agree with fishin'aholic2, posting about specific spots in an online forum can be detrimental to fishing, especially to those who have put time and effort in scouting the creeks. Nothing against sharing general tips and pointers for a specific water body, generalized reports, etc., but I have had similar experiences as fishin'aholic2 where someone posts about a location and it are trashed/ overfished within the week.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide