Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13922963 03/15/21 12:34 AM
5-20 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hate seeing this news. I agree. Fish get stressed out from being caught, especially these older 10-16 pound fish.

Just think about it. If you’re 60+ years old. You’re old but still strong and virile and reasonably stable. You have your home and everything you need for survival set up.

And then someone grabs you and thrusts you in a totally foreign and barren environment. A sterile plastic tub and then transfers you to a sterile concrete tub for weeks.

It’s not hard to see why so few fish survive that experience. It’s easy to see how stressed big fish already become from being in a livewell for a few hours.

Let them get back to their environment and stabilize in the best way they know how to.

Keep on stocking Florida bass. No need to keep on grabbing so many fish out of those lakes.

Almost wonder if it’s the publicity alone that makes so many people donate their fish.

Toads for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: 5-20] #13922974 03/15/21 12:46 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 5-20
Hate seeing this news. I agree. Fish get stressed out from being caught, especially these older 10-16 pound fish.

Just think about it. If you’re 60+ years old. You’re old but still strong and virile and reasonably stable. You have your home and everything you need for survival set up.

And then someone grabs you and thrusts you in a totally foreign and barren environment. A sterile plastic tub and then transfers you to a sterile concrete tub for weeks.

It’s not hard to see why so few fish survive that experience. It’s easy to see how stressed big fish already become from being in a livewell for a few hours.

Let them get back to their environment and stabilize in the best way they know how to.

Keep on stocking Florida bass. No need to keep on grabbing so many fish out of those lakes.

Almost wonder if it’s the publicity alone that makes so many people donate their fish.

Great post!

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: 5-20] #13922983 03/15/21 12:54 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

now this might sound like a crazy questions, but I gotta ask. Do you all feel that you have more knowledge about black bass and freshwater lakes than the biologist and people that work for TP&W on the sharelunker program?

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13922986 03/15/21 12:56 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
and I got roasted when I said I hope tpwd doesnt kill em all. So does anyone know the real answers on this? They love boasting about the SAL that get brought in but say nothing when it comes to the fact that some die and never spawn again.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13922992 03/15/21 01:01 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I posted something on their FB page and also sent them a message. Interested to know.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13922994 03/15/21 01:02 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
confused 3

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: bockscar] #13922996 03/15/21 01:03 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by bockscar

now this might sound like a crazy questions, but I gotta ask. Do you all feel that you have more knowledge about black bass and freshwater lakes than the biologist and people that work for TP&W on the sharelunker program?

Just because scientists have education and make decisions don't make them the correct ones.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: SAKS] #13923007 03/15/21 01:10 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by bockscar

Just because scientists have education and make decisions don't make them the correct ones.

OK...but thats not what I asked. I wonder if you all feel you know more about black bass than them...considering they have the education mentioned, but also have many more data points and experience with big bass than pretty much everyone else in the country and potentially the world. I dont think there is or has been anyone actively and continually studying big bass and how they function than the TP&W people. So thats why im wondering if you all feel like you know more than them?

EDIT:
The guy in the Miliken fishing video said he'd been doing it 20 years. Thats a lot of experience in addition to education.

Last edited by bockscar; 03/15/21 01:11 AM.
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923016 03/15/21 01:14 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
One of the 17 fish submitted has passed, we have not had issues with any other fish.

PM from the program on FB.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Barrett] #13923023 03/15/21 01:20 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Barrett
One of the 17 fish submitted has passed, we have not had issues with any other fish.

PM from the program on FB.

banana

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: 5-20] #13923044 03/15/21 01:35 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923053 03/15/21 01:41 AM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Education should never over ride common sense. IMO

I have seen fish and game Biologist make many mistakes in the field and refuse to say they made a mistake or was wrong.

As mentioned above all for the Glory !

I thought Catch And Release was a BIG THING at one TIME. Everyone was proud to catch a big one and release it.

Last edited by Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell; 03/15/21 01:45 AM.
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Littledog] #13923054 03/15/21 01:42 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Littledog
WHHAAAATTTT????

Throwing shade at TPWD????
Don't you know the first rule at TFF??
1. Thou shalt not say bad things about TPWD.

Everyone knows that there wouldn't be any bass in Texas if it weren't for TPWD.

Just believe the hype.
Just believe that Share Lunker is most awesome program ever invented.
It's so awesome that when you look at the glossy pictures, you wont dare to ask any questions.

Don't pay any attention to facts.

You know, facts like -
MOST of your fishing license dollars and boat registration dollars are used to:
Do boarder patrol work.
Helicopter surveys on private high fences properties.
Genetic and disease analysis for private deer breeders.
Fish and Game officers doing the jobs of municipal LEOs.
on and on.

Share Lunker . . . "Look!! an eagle".

clap thumb soap

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923068 03/15/21 01:50 AM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
At least they are trying. TPWD is leading the efforts nationally to improve fisheries.

None of you would ever catch those fish if they were released and you have zero clue about whether they would’ve lived or died upon release. It sucks if they died but its had plenty of years to reproduce its genetics. For all we know they were at deaths door from Mercury poisoning by eating too much fish.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: TxBazzn] #13923089 03/15/21 02:13 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
At least they are trying. TPWD is leading the efforts nationally to improve fisheries.

None of you would ever catch those fish if they were released and you have zero clue about whether they would’ve lived or died upon release. It sucks if they died but its had plenty of years to reproduce its genetics. For all we know they were at deaths door from Mercury poisoning by eating too much fish.

It’s spawned enough, time to remove it? Fish die from eating to many fish?
hmmm

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide