Forums59
Topics1,039,228
Posts13,961,234
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916601 03/09/21 06:48 PM
crankbait745 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Float plane, problem solved!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916604 03/09/21 06:52 PM
L
Lon Hagler Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
L
Didn't he also buy the ranch that Lake Diversion is on up by Wichita Falls and kick those people off the lake?

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916630 03/09/21 07:26 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Who woulda thunk? And people wonder why MLF has such a bad reputation? It all starts at the top!

https://news.yahoo.com/u-billionaire-stan-kroenke-wins-215622330.html

OMG you are nuts.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: 9094] #13916731 03/09/21 09:08 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 9094
So this went from an MLF comment to a political comment to a briberby comment with each rebuttal given to the OP.

The OP probably doesnt own land and realize that people trash those trails and public access points. I know this as I am a land owner and people are come up a live creek on my place from the highway and fish.
I really wouldn't have any problems with this except for the trash they leave everywhere. Beer cans, bait boxes, cups burger wrappers you name it. They also start campfires in a very dry area and walk off and leave them.
There is a good reason why Kroenke and other large landowners cut of access to the public.
THE PUBLIC TRASHES THEIR PLACES.
Not sometimes but all the time.
Does the OP think the state or nation is going to send an employee around once a week or month to clean up the mess? No they don't, they leave it up to the landowner.
I don't blame him one bit I have done the same and will continue to do the same.

Sounds like a landowner who thinks he can control and benefit from land he doesn’t own. If it’s not your land, then leave it alone. Public land also demands a right of way... that’s one of those nuances built into a land buyers contract and deed... just because you don’t like the public, doesn’t mean you, or anyone can privatize something. As I originally stated, if these lakes were part of the property sale then it would not be issue. Private land is private land, but if private land requires right of ways, easements, setbacks, etc... then they should be honored without issue or complaint. He could have bought property without the issues he’s now in court fighting against... and by sounds of it, it’s not the first time.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916760 03/09/21 09:35 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So this went from an MLF comment to a political comment to a briberby comment with each rebuttal given to the OP.

The OP probably doesnt own land and realize that people trash those trails and public access points. I know this as I am a land owner and people are come up a live creek on my place from the highway and fish.
I really wouldn't have any problems with this except for the trash they leave everywhere. Beer cans, bait boxes, cups burger wrappers you name it. They also start campfires in a very dry area and walk off and leave them.
There is a good reason why Kroenke and other large landowners cut of access to the public.
Does the OP think the state or nation is going to send an employee around once a week or month to clean up the mess? No they don't, they leave it up to the landowner.
I don't blame him one bit I have done the same and will continue to do the same.

Sounds like a landowner who thinks he can control and benefit from land he doesn’t own. If it’s not your land, then leave it alone. Public land also demands a right of way... that’s one of those nuances built into a land buyers contract and deed... just because you don’t like the public, doesn’t mean you, or anyone can privatize something. As I originally stated, if these lakes were part of the property sale then it would not be issue. Private land is private land, but if private land requires right of ways, easements, setbacks, etc... then they should be honored without issue or complaint. He could have bought property without the issues he’s now in court fighting against... and by sounds of it, it’s not the first time.

There is not any demand in any state where public land demands a right of way. He isn’t privatizing the lake.
And yes Me and other land owners can chose not to grant a right of way across our private property to the public to access public waters.
Hell you might want to study your own state laws.
He is an arse for sure but he is still within his rights. And would be in virtually every state in the US too.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: sprigsss] #13916775 03/09/21 09:47 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by sprigsss
Its sad but in most cases money talks.

Montana has a state law that trout fishermen can access any stream at any bridge crossing. All bridge crossings are considered legal access points. One landowner decided to block access by building fence all the way to the bridge.

A writer for Ducks Unlimited wrote several articles and challenged the wealthy landowner. As it turns out, the wealthy landowner was a big Ducks Unlimited Contributor, so DU responded by firing the writer, Don Thomas. I haven't donated a penny to DU since.

Originally Posted by sprigsss
Its sad but in most cases money talks.

Montana has a state law that trout fishermen can access any stream at any bridge crossing. All bridge crossings are considered legal access points. One landowner decided to block access by building fence all the way to the bridge.

A writer for Ducks Unlimited wrote several articles and challenged the wealthy landowner. As it turns out, the wealthy landowner was a big Ducks Unlimited Contributor, so DU responded by firing the writer, Don Thomas. I haven't donated a penny to DU since.

That type of thing is all too often the way things get corrupted to benefit the wealthy. For the wealthy, they just find nuanced ways ways to handsomely compensate their supporters and others who can make binding decisions that will give them what they want. In this case, Kroenke could have just made arrangements to purchase the lakes along with the property, but it was likely more economical for him to pay lawyers and find ways to buy other officials off so he has the same benefits at fraction of the cost of purchasing the lakes. That dude only runs second to a former president with the amount of litigation he gets himself involved in by people having to file suit against him for all the [censored] he pulls. He’s embroiled in some major litigation where the city of St. Louis is going after him, and by the looks of it thus far, Kroenke is not faring well in pre trial hearings. He’s a societal parasite that runs his businesses just like he operates in his own personal life, and it shows up in the way the businesses themselves are managed. e.g. MLF

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: 9094] #13916779 03/09/21 09:53 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

There is not any demand in any state where public land demands a right of way. He isn’t privatizing the lake.
And yes Me and other land owners can chose not to grant a right of way across our private property to the public to access public waters.
He is an arse for sure but he is still within his rights. And would be in virtually every state in the US too.

Try keeping the power companies off your land to run transmission lines... good luck fighting that right of way battle!

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/09/21 09:54 PM.
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916788 03/09/21 09:57 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Who woulda thunk? And people wonder why MLF has such a bad reputation? It all starts at the top!

https://news.yahoo.com/u-billionaire-stan-kroenke-wins-215622330.html

Dude, it's getting really weird... reign yourself in before everyone writes you off and MLF's numbers start dropping. We need you on here, but in as "normal" a way as you can muster up and this isn't it.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916793 03/09/21 09:59 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

Try keeping the power companies off your land to run transmission lines... good luck fighting that right of way battle!

What does the power company have to do with the public crossing private land to fish? Thats not really in the same ball park. Could the government come in and do something about it? Probably, but clearly they dont care enough to fight it

John Miller
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916803 03/09/21 10:10 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
It will only.be an issue to most when the land surrounding THEIR favorite lake is purchased and THEY are denied access. Too few people are willing to fight for others and too many only seem to care when it affects them directly.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: UTDmiller] #13916811 03/09/21 10:17 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by UTDmiller

What does the power company have to do with the public crossing private land to fish? Thats not really in the same ball park. Could the government come in and do something about it? Probably, but clearly they dont care enough to fight it

It has to do with “right of ways” - and how they commonly exist on privately owned land everywhere... at least in the U.S. - I don’t t know what it’s like in Canada, but I can’t imagine it being complete opposite of the norms in the U.S. - and you’re right, Gov’t could come in and fix it, or correct their screw up by not demanding a public right away easement crossing the land to allow access to a public resource. Contrary to what some believe, if you privatize everything around something that is public, and can prevent public access, you’ve essentially privatized something for your own personal use without having to own it outright, or pay taxes, or have other common liabilities associated with that land ownership.

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/09/21 10:20 PM.
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916817 03/09/21 10:30 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
There are many land owners that block access to public lands and waters. Listen to some of the avid public land hunters and public access advocates. It is a problem all over the place out West, public land that we can't get to because private land owners won't allow access via their property. This land owner is doing what many do, just so happens he is a land owner you hate a lot! Again kudos for the creativity this time!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916819 03/09/21 10:35 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Sounds like Louisiana. The amount of public waters now blocked off is sickening.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916828 03/09/21 10:45 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Try keeping the power companies off your land to run transmission lines... good luck fighting that right of way battle![/quote]

You do realize the power companies pay millions of dollars to by those easements. I have been paid a small fortune for right of way easements. I still own the land though and don’t have to let anyone but the power company in the land. Plus they are under contract to keep your land clean and maintained in their easement.
True if the person that owns the land try’s to hold up a project the will go to court but it is a last resort for the power companies or any pipeline company.
Your comment is so far removed from allowing public access it is laughable. There is a lot lot of difference between a paid easement and public easement.
The first is real and the second is make believe.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: TxBazzn] #13916829 03/09/21 10:46 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Sounds like Louisiana. The amount of public waters now blocked off is sickening.

Yes it is. So much for being Sportsman's Paradise.

Louisiana even takes it a step further. Landowners are even allowed to claim private water that is completely surrounded by public water. No visible landmark boundary, just private water in the middle of a wide open bay. Its sad.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide