Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13915674 03/09/21 01:14 AM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
The Ivie hammers will be back next winter

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13915807 03/09/21 02:46 AM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Buddy caught a 10.8 there yesterday.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: Douglas J] #13915866 03/09/21 03:39 AM
W
W B Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by Douglas J
maybe the locals threw out round up and car batteries on all the glory holes

roflmao

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: J.H.S.] #13916116 03/09/21 02:09 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
That is because it isn't the only lake out here fishing good. In fact, right now it isn't even the best lake in west Texas.

Bro I know you are pissed but that’s the biggest [censored] comment I’ve prob ever read on this site. roflmao

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: Barrett] #13916132 03/09/21 02:17 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Barrett
That is because it isn't the only lake out here fishing good. In fact, right now it isn't even the best lake in west Texas.

Bro I know you are pissed but that’s the biggest [censored] comment I’ve prob ever read on this site. roflmao

You from out here big fella? No? Then maybe don't comment on what lakes are or are not good out here. There are 3 lakes out here producing big bags right now, and you don't have to deal with the people. Ivie was fishing the best the last 3 months, but with the pressure it isn't now. You live in denton, maybe you should sit this one out.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13916173 03/09/21 02:45 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Don’t really have a dog in this hunt and probably should let Josh and Barrett^^^^settle it themselves but to quote the famous philosopher Ron White: “I have the right to remain silent.....but not the ability”! It actually appears if all the “outsiders” had stayed away from “out there” and had not showed up and showed EVERYONE how it’s done there would not have been all the giants caught. 🤔🤪. JK, y’all carry on.

Last edited by 361V; 03/09/21 02:47 PM.
Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: 361V] #13916212 03/09/21 03:01 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by 361V
Don’t really have a dog in this hunt and probably should let Josh and Barrett^^^^settle it themselves but to quote the famous philosopher Ron White: “I have the right to remain silent.....but not the ability”! It actually appears if all the “outsiders” had stayed away from “out there” and had not showed up and showed EVERYONE how it’s done there would not have been all the giants caught. 🤔🤪. JK, y’all carry on.

I find it funny that when the east Texas "sticks" cry about an outsider coming out to their lake and catching fish, no one bats an eye. It isn't inconceivable to believe that people with 20 plus years of experience on this lake are pretty good. Yea, these guys came and hit a perfect storm. Have you heard anything lately about the lake producing like that? Because it was a rare phenomenon. There are plenty of guys out here that will take your money with a smile on their face. Fishing in west Texas isn't like east Texas where the fishing is easy so it makes everyone think they are better than they are. Yea I said it. So what.

Last edited by Josh Seale; 03/09/21 03:02 PM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: J.H.S.] #13916301 03/09/21 03:40 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

You from out here big fella? No? Then maybe don't comment on what lakes are or are not good out here. There are 3 lakes out here producing big bags right now, and you don't have to deal with the people. Ivie was fishing the best the last 3 months, but with the pressure it isn't now. You live in denton, maybe you should sit this one out.

The damn bass master classic is coming to my home lake lol. I just find it funny when a lake has spit out what 5 share a lunkers including one that flirted with the state record and you are trying to convince the internet that it's not the best lake in Texas right now. Thats hilarious but I commend your efforts! Whats been done out there is historic and I would prob be a little jealous too if some ol boys from out of state went to my home lake and cracked the code on that many big fish (13 plus pounders). Its all going to be ok. Deep breath!

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: Barrett] #13916320 03/09/21 03:49 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

The damn bass master classic is coming to my home lake lol. I just find it funny when a lake has spit out what 5 share a lunkers including one that flirted with the state record and you are trying to convince the internet that it's not the best lake in Texas right now. Thats hilarious but I commend your efforts! Whats been done out there is historic and I would prob be a little jealous too if some ol boys from out of state went to my home lake and cracked the code on that many big fish (13 plus pounders). Its all going to be ok. Deep breath!

If you're reading comprehension was better than a 5th grader, you would see that I had indeed said the lake was the best for the last 3 months, however right now with the latest warming trend, it is not the only lake out here kicking out big sacks, in fact, many folks will tell you it is much tougher since all the pressure began showing up. There is no jealousy whatsoever. I was raised to have a little humility, which is what got several folks around here riled up. Myself included. They came and caught some good fish. Neat. There are folks around here who have been going out when Ivie was at its toughest and catching 35-40 pounds. They don't brag, the don't gloat, the don't tote them around on a Tuesday for a FB photo. The exact same argument many of you guys have when they announced they would be having the Classic in June. "Well they are going to decimate the fish population". Guess what? We now have people out here taking 8 and 9 pounders up to the weigh in stations and carrying them around in a livewell all day for a FB photo cred.

Last edited by Josh Seale; 03/09/21 03:50 PM.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13916330 03/09/21 03:51 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I don't think timing or the perfect storm had anything to do with it. They were targeting fish that are rarely fished for.

I bet those same guys could show up again this week and have similar success.

Since the secret is out, I can't wait to read about all the 40 lb stringers the local guys catch consistently.

Give credit where its due. Yes there are some great local hammers, but none of them have ever done what these guys did in a little over a week.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: sprigsss] #13916341 03/09/21 03:57 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by sprigsss
I don't think timing or the perfect storm had anything to do with it. They were targeting fish that are rarely fished for.

I bet those same guys could show up again this week and have similar success.

Since the secret is out, I can't wait to read about all the 40 lb stringers the local guys catch consistently.

Give credit where its due. Yes there are some great local hammers, but none of them have ever done what these guys did in a little over a week.

Yea Its funny they were the only boat on the lake for a few days but everyone knew this deal was going on and how to do it. Give credit where credit is due. Those guys smashed them when everyone else was huddle around their fireplaces waiting for fishing to get better lmao!

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13916350 03/09/21 04:01 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
This is the lull before the storm .The fish are in transition,headed for the bank

Butch Farmer
Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: J.H.S.] #13916571 03/09/21 06:25 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 361V

I find it funny that when the east Texas "sticks" cry about an outsider coming out to their lake and catching fish, no one bats an eye. It isn't inconceivable to believe that people with 20 plus years of experience on this lake are pretty good. Yea, these guys came and hit a perfect storm. Have you heard anything lately about the lake producing like that? Because it was a rare phenomenon. There are plenty of guys out here that will take your money with a smile on their face. Fishing in west Texas isn't like east Texas where the fishing is easy so it makes everyone think they are better than they are. Yea I said it. So what.
Mr Seale, no disrespect meant. Just poking fun at EVERYONES reaction to the past month at Ivy. Funny how everyone becomes defensive....no: possessive with the lakes that are close or they spend a lot of time on. I completely agree (as would anyone who fish around Texas) on the difficulty and learning curve between “west” and “east” Texas lakes when it comes to bass fishing. I live outside Glen Rose literally a couple miles from Squaw Creek. Not far west but pretty much a traditional west Texas lake. Rock and cedars....except more constant water levels due to the power plant and warm water all winter. The guys who really “unlock” Squaw(no SAL’s here) are the guys who get off the bank and learn to fish deep water. And those “sticks” come from all over. (OK, bad example cus no one gets to fish Squaw anymore/again). Whitney is another close by lake for me and a good example of a “west Texas lake”. Point is with few exceptions they are ALL available to anyone with a license and who pays applicable launch fees. I have not seen dotted lines on any maps showing where is west and east Texas start/stop nor maps showing which are “their lakes”. While somewhat of a perfect timing thing I believe these guys, regardless of where they actually came from, have shown what the future of bass fishing is becoming. With the new tools available some will learn, some will pay to be taught and others will simply continue to “beat the bank”. For at least a while we will see (possibly) phenomenal catches. Will the lakes be able to sustain the new/different “techniques” at least from a trophy standpoint? My opinion is yes. As long as they are released back into the lakes. Neil.

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13916606 03/09/21 06:54 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
popcorn2 so much butt hurt, so much lol

Re: Ivey -- sure got quiet ? [Re: fishnfireman] #13916641 03/09/21 07:33 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I think it is great that the lake is getting this attention. Both Elm Creek and Concho parks had been sold in the past couple years and I am sure the current owners are relieved that their business is flourishing. Especially now.
Ivie handes a couple hundred boats with ease at the current water level and most people that rush out there are not catching many fish.
I hope they stay this busy all summer.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide