Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Grow the sport, just not on my land! #13916244 03/09/21 03:14 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Who woulda thunk? And people wonder why MLF has such a bad reputation? It all starts at the top!

https://news.yahoo.com/u-billionaire-stan-kroenke-wins-215622330.html

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916252 03/09/21 03:19 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
It is his land... I own land and don’t allow people access for a myriad of reasons, namely liability.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916260 03/09/21 03:26 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Good for him. I wouldn't want trespassers on my land

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916269 03/09/21 03:31 PM
S
SoonerDG Online Sick
Extreme Angler
Online Sick
Extreme Angler
S
Hmmm....not sure what that has to do with MLF at all. I mean I know he's part owner but he's part owner in a whole lot of stuff. So why does this reflect badly on MLF but not on his other interests?

Anyway...I can see that exact argument taking place in most of our 50 states. Landowner rights vs public access aren't even remotely new issues.

Last edited by SoonerDG; 03/09/21 03:33 PM.

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13916291 03/09/21 03:36 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bullet20XrD
It is his land... I own land and don’t allow people access for a myriad of reasons, namely liability.

Read the article again - he does not own the lakes.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: SoonerDG] #13916303 03/09/21 03:41 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SoonerDG
Hmmm....not sure what that has to do with MLF at all. I mean I know he's part owner but he's part owner in a whole lot of stuff. So why does this reflect badly on MLF but not on his other interests?

Anyway...I can see that exact argument taking place in most of our 50 states. Landowner rights vs public access aren't even remotely new issues.

It has to do with MLF because it shows what type of attitude, convictions, ethics, and integrity filter down from the very top of that organization. For those who don’t know, the guy has to be one of the most despised sports franchise owners there has ever been. Everything he gets involved in becomes a toxic mess fueled by deception and legalized trickery.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916306 03/09/21 03:42 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

I did read the article. Here’s a little secret to land ownership you may have yet to learn. If you own land that completely surrounds a lake and the government didn’t secure access or easement to the lake prior to your ownership, guess what? You own that too.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916309 03/09/21 03:44 PM
B
Bullet20XrD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

It has to do with MLF because it shows what type of attitude, convictions, ethics, and integrity filter down from the very top of that organization. For those who don’t know, the guy has to be one of the most despised sports franchise owners there has ever been. Everything he gets involved in becomes a toxic mess fueled by deception and legalized trickery.

That’s a bit of a stretch...

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13916321 03/09/21 03:49 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

I did read the article. Here’s a little secret to land ownership you may have yet to learn. If you own land that completely surrounds a lake and the government didn’t secure access or easement to the lake prior to your ownership, guess what? You own that too.

Guess what... government’s can and are often corrupted. It was already ruled upon that access needed to be provided, but big money always wins the appeals via the corrupt systems in which they operate. Ever heard of eminent domain?... that would solve the problem immediately. He didn’t buy the lakes, they were owned and operated by the public and now he thinks he can reap the rewards and benefit from those publicly maintained waterways.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13916338 03/09/21 03:55 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Not a stretch at all... his organizations are operated and run in the manner in which he conducts himself; and everyone he employs or partners with share the same beliefs. There is not an individual of any importance within his organizations that don’t share his low level of ethics and integrity, and it’s very visible. MLF included!

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916343 03/09/21 03:57 PM
I
I'm The Dude Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I
Liability is the key to this, someone gets hurt out there on a billionaires private property and they go after the billionaire, not the government.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: I'm The Dude] #13916359 03/09/21 04:06 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by I'm The Dude
Liability is the key to this, someone gets hurt out there on a billionaires private property and they go after the billionaire, not the government.

There are such things as easements, etc... that give the landowner protection. This really has nothing to do with liability's, it’s how people like Kroenke roll. He and his organizations will use every PR gimmick in the book to try and paint the narrative, but it’s not hard to see what this is really about.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916360 03/09/21 04:06 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

Guess what... government’s can and are often corrupted. It was already ruled upon that access needed to be provided, but big money always wins the appeals via the corrupt systems in which they operate. Ever heard of eminent domain?... that would solve the problem immediately. He didn’t buy the lakes, they were owned and operated by the public and now he thinks he can reap the rewards and benefit from those publicly maintained waterways.

By this logical fallacy maybe the original ruling was corrupt. Not saying its right, but they seem to believe the law in canada supports it. Looks like it might be revisited again so we will see what happens

John Miller
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916374 03/09/21 04:16 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by UTDmiller

By this logical fallacy maybe the original ruling was corrupt. Not saying its right, but they seem to believe the law in canada supports it. Looks like it might be revisited again so we will see what happens

How about looking at it from a different view point... why was he fighting public access to public fishing lakes in the first place? His intent by fighting this in courts seemingly was to try and swindle those lakes out from under the govt by prohibiting public access. He’s certainly not showing he is a proponent of expanding fishing interests in the area by his actions. It would be different if those lakes were part of the land deal, but they weren’t... that makes a world of difference in how one should be viewing this. He does not own those lakes!

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Bullet20XrD] #13916386 03/09/21 04:20 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

This is like people dropping At&T because Tiger Woods got some strange as Ron White would say. This one is a HUGE stretch Big O but hey always on their [censored]. Your posts are funny.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide