Forums59
Topics1,038,973
Posts13,956,739
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914343 03/07/21 10:14 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The guys that didn't know how to fish an a-rig are the ones that got the a-rig banned. The ones that don't want to learn their electronics are the ones throwing the fit about the livescope.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: rj74955] #13914405 03/07/21 11:30 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by rj74955
The guys that didn't know how to fish an a-rig are the ones that got the a-rig banned. The ones that don't want to learn their electronics are the ones throwing the fit about the livescope.

Maybe... I think it’s deeper. Anglers banned it because they couldn’t sell their sponsors product if everyone was fishing an Arig. That is the hypocrisy. It was never about the Arig, it was about the money.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13914425 03/07/21 11:50 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by NTX6807
Originally Posted by boyd1002
I’m confused, do they only sell live scope to certain people? I thought everyone was allowed to buy it and invest time on the water learning it.

Next you’ll want to ban ultrexes, and 2d sonar. I guess Everyone should show up with a minnow bucket and cane pole to fish tournaments these days. Culture today is a joke. Get your [censored] beat on a tournament and cry that they have livescope

I mean, the anglers voted to ban the Arig, claiming it was “too effective”... I think they could all afford an Arig..

That’s not why they banned the A-rig. If that was the case they wouldn’t allow sign fishing, which is probably more effective than any other technique in the history of fishing. They banned the A-rig because fish constantly get gut hooked and eye hooked when caught on an a-rig

What is sign fishing?

That’s when you hold up a sign while fishing. Duh. bolt

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13914496 03/08/21 01:01 AM
N
NTX6807 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I’m confused, do they only sell live scope to certain people? I thought everyone was allowed to buy it and invest time on the water learning it.

Next you’ll want to ban ultrexes, and 2d sonar. I guess Everyone should show up with a minnow bucket and cane pole to fish tournaments these days. Culture today is a joke. Get your [censored] beat on a tournament and cry that they have livescope

I mean, the anglers voted to ban the Arig, claiming it was “too effective”... I think they could all afford an Arig..

That’s not why they banned the A-rig. If that was the case they wouldn’t allow sign fishing, which is probably more effective than any other technique in the history of fishing. They banned the A-rig because fish constantly get gut hooked and eye hooked when caught on an a-rig

What is sign fishing?

Fat fingered that one. Sight*

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914552 03/08/21 01:53 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I don't fish bass tournaments, just crappie tournaments. The crappie guys jumped on Livescope early and have been using it for 3 yrs now. If you want to fish any of the major tournament trails and don't have Livescope, you soon determine you are going for the fun and experience and donating your entry fee to those who compete with Livescope. If you think it doesn't make a difference, think again.

The impact of Livescope will leave a few people behind. But if you already own a $60,000+ fishing rig and fish a tournament every month, Livescope is just another expensive tool. Once more people get Livescope and learn how to use it, more people with limited fishing skills will begin to compete at a higher level. This technology may actually make the bottom half of the field more competitive. Now that Lowrance is in the game and HB soon to be, more people will get this technology. There will be the next 2-3 yrs when some people don't have it, and the complaints continue, but almost everyone soon will. And it will happen quicker than most think. In crappie tournaments the first year Livescope was available, few had it; the next year, close to half of competitors had it; now almost everyone does. In the crappie world there was the same type complaining. But once someone got in a boat with someone that knew how to use the technology, they couldn't wait to get it. To ease the pain, tournament trails might consider two divisions; those with Livescope technology and those without. I know if crappie tournament fishermen will buy it, bass guys definitely will.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914555 03/08/21 01:57 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Tournament bass fishing is basically meant to push product. Why you think youre seeing a surge in popularity with tin rigs...the trails are pushing them more now.

So no, it wont be banned because if they did sales will drop. Look at kastking for example.....they were trash before reputation wise....sign a pro and now they got respect. Tourney fishing is about pushing product as much as it is those trophies.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: boyd1002] #13914558 03/08/21 02:00 AM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by rj74955

Maybe... I think it’s deeper. Anglers banned it because they couldn’t sell their sponsors product if everyone was fishing an Arig. That is the hypocrisy. It was never about the Arig, it was about the money.

That is a very valid point, it's hard to sell all those finesse lines, rods, reels, and baits when all you need is one rod on the deck to compete and win in the early season tournaments.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914613 03/08/21 03:02 AM
B
Bill Durham Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
It's an interesting discussion. I don't tournament fish, I have 2d on my bow and 2d, DI, and SI on my console and I doubt I will ever invest in LS or any other form of forward facing sonar, at least until its gets dirt cheap. I watched Redcrest, and while I think all of the guys that fished on Championship Friday had it.. there was still only one winner. It was said many times by Connell, Wheeler, etc. that they could see the fish but they couldn't make them bite. If other forms of Sonar will let you see the structure that holds the fish, then fishing the structure isn't any different if you only have 2d vs LS.. but LS tells you if they are there are not definitively. That saves a lot of time.. but they still have to bite.
Long story short.. I think it will be an expensive piece of kit for anybody that wants to compete at the highest level. And if you choose to not get one, then you won't be competitive in the end.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914814 03/08/21 01:08 PM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
I’m already hearing crappie guys saying the fish are reacting to the scope. This leads me to assume the bass will follow suit. I see it as a tool to find hidden structure/cover. My $$ is on it becoming less dominant.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13915250 03/08/21 07:40 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I don't get the correlation between no practice and forward facing sonar. Why does one have anything to do with the other? To me hosting a major tournament with limited practice is a joke. I get why they had to do it with this Redcrest, but I hope that is the exception rather than the rule. Like any sport different athletes prepare in different ways. Just because one angler may be more instinctual and figure out one trend fast, does that make him a better angler than the guy that is methodical and takes more time putting together multiple patterns? In my opinion no. They are just different. Forward facing sonar is here to stay. I do think that the technology will eventually get to a point that some restrictions will begin to happen, but that is a ways off in my opinion.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13915254 03/08/21 07:45 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Man. Forward live sonar is less than $1500. It’s not like it’s a $4000 set of PowerPoles. Or a $2500+ trolling motor.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13915679 03/09/21 01:16 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I don't get the correlation between no practice and forward facing sonar. Why does one have anything to do with the other? To me hosting a major tournament with limited practice is a joke. I get why they had to do it with this Redcrest, but I hope that is the exception rather than the rule. Like any sport different athletes prepare in different ways. Just because one angler may be more instinctual and figure out one trend fast, does that make him a better angler than the guy that is methodical and takes more time putting together multiple patterns? In my opinion no. They are just different. Forward facing sonar is here to stay. I do think that the technology will eventually get to a point that some restrictions will begin to happen, but that is a ways off in my opinion.

hmmm ...yes

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide