Forums59
Topics1,039,207
Posts13,960,975
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13913362 03/06/21 08:16 PM
T-racer @ Mallard Marine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I would like to add my name to the "unskilled fishermen" list... that's my only comment on the subject. At least my boat's fast! LOL

Mallard Marine Nacogdoches, Tx
936-225-3244 - Authorized Sales/Service
Mercury Outboards - Allison Boats
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914110 03/07/21 05:35 PM
GreaseMonkey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I don't have Live Scope and don't currently have plans on buying one. I am still trying to become proficient at using my SI and DI units to their maximum potential. The guys out there that have spent the hours and money to become proficient enough to catch monster bass in sub 40 degree water or to win big money tournaments deserve their successes. Tournaments should embrace the technology and make it part of the format or along the way make some tournaments "Live Scope Free", make it a mixed bag. After what we saw lately, having tournaments with Live Scope will definitely make them more exciting and possibly break a lot of long standing records along the way.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Rockfisherman] #13914115 03/07/21 05:39 PM
GreaseMonkey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Good article about this in In-Fisherman mag this last month

Personally, I don’t like it. Mainly because I can’t afford it.

Otherwise, it is here to stay. Tourneys and circuits and
Touring leagues will be interesting to see how they react
As the tech continues to evolve

I can see the pro circuits limiting it just like they limit tech
In golf (square grooves, ball specs, number of clubs in bag,
Shaft length, etc) or like racing with all the limitations and
requirements relating to design, engines, weight, etc

I also think it could potentially hurt local tourneys as they become
Top heavy to anglers who can afford it and use it and all the other
Joes, like myself just donate their entry fees to the “tech anglers”

With that being said, we could also see more specialized tourneys
added Like “no electronics derby’s”. Which could be additive and fun itself

You can’t put the genie back in the box, so the real question is how does the sport
Continue to adapt to the advancements over time.......

Agree

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: GreaseMonkey] #13914164 03/07/21 06:21 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I don't have Live Scope and don't currently have plans on buying one. I am still trying to become proficient at using my SI and DI units to their maximum potential. The guys out there that have spent the hours and money to become proficient enough to catch monster bass in sub 40 degree water or to win big money tournaments deserve their successes. Tournaments should embrace the technology and make it part of the format or along the way make some tournaments "Live Scope Free", make it a mixed bag. After what we saw lately, having tournaments with Live Scope will definitely make them more exciting and possibly break a lot of long standing records along the way.

Records broken yes, exciting no, the Walters win on Fork and the lake of the ozarks Toyota are some of the most massive blowouts I can remember recently.

Last edited by SC-001; 03/07/21 06:23 PM.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Rockfisherman] #13914188 03/07/21 06:47 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Good article about this in In-Fisherman mag this last month

Personally, I don’t like it. Mainly because I can’t afford it.

Otherwise, it is here to stay. Tourneys and circuits and
Touring leagues will be interesting to see how they react
As the tech continues to evolve

I can see the pro circuits limiting it just like they limit tech
In golf (square grooves, ball specs, number of clubs in bag,
Shaft length, etc) or like racing with all the limitations and
requirements relating to design, engines, weight, etc

I also think it could potentially hurt local tourneys as they become
Top heavy to anglers who can afford it and use it and all the other
Joes, like myself just donate their entry fees to the “tech anglers”

With that being said, we could also see more specialized tourneys
added Like “no electronics derby’s”. Which could be additive and fun itself

You can’t put the genie back in the box, so the real question is how does the sport
Continue to adapt to the advancements over time.......

So if you could afford it then you'd like it.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914201 03/07/21 07:09 PM
N
NTX6807 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
I’m confused, do they only sell live scope to certain people? I thought everyone was allowed to buy it and invest time on the water learning it.

Next you’ll want to ban ultrexes, and 2d sonar. I guess Everyone should show up with a minnow bucket and cane pole to fish tournaments these days. Culture today is a joke. Get your [censored] beat on a tournament and cry that they have livescope

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: NTX6807] #13914227 03/07/21 07:43 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by NTX6807
I’m confused, do they only sell live scope to certain people? I thought everyone was allowed to buy it and invest time on the water learning it.

Next you’ll want to ban ultrexes, and 2d sonar. I guess Everyone should show up with a minnow bucket and cane pole to fish tournaments these days. Culture today is a joke. Get your [censored] beat on a tournament and cry that they have livescope

Cost containment in other sports is not unheard of, its happened in racing for years. When someones electronics in a tournament cost more that other competitors boats there's a problem.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/07/21 07:44 PM.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914229 03/07/21 07:46 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Randy seem emotional about that, I don't see it being banned, at first, going to be interesting which organization is the first to limit its use.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13914233 03/07/21 07:55 PM
N
NTX6807 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Cost containment in other sports is not unheard of, its happened in racing for years. When someones electronics in a tournament cost more that other competitors boats there's a problem.

What? Lol cost containment 🤣, so who gets to decide what’s cost containment? Make everyone have to stay with 2d and 21’ Boats, then the guys in the John boats are gonna have the same Complaint. Then the guys below them and so on. Don’t like it don’t fish, it’s that simple. Again, everyone has access to forward facing technology, if you choose not buy it that’s your fault. Learn to save money, get a better job, start a go fund me, rich mommy and daddy, whatever it takes.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: NTX6807] #13914235 03/07/21 07:56 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

I mean, the anglers voted to ban the Arig, claiming it was “too effective”... I think they could all afford an Arig..

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: boyd1002] #13914249 03/07/21 08:10 PM
N
NTX6807 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted by boyd1002

I mean, the anglers voted to ban the Arig, claiming it was “too effective”... I think they could all afford an Arig..

That’s not why they banned the A-rig. If that was the case they wouldn’t allow sign fishing, which is probably more effective than any other technique in the history of fishing. They banned the A-rig because fish constantly get gut hooked and eye hooked when caught on an a-rig

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: NTX6807] #13914256 03/07/21 08:19 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

That’s not why they banned the A-rig. If that was the case they wouldn’t allow sign fishing, which is probably more effective than any other technique in the history of fishing. They banned the A-rig because fish constantly get gut hooked and eye hooked when caught on an a-rig

“It’s a legitimate and ethical way to catch fish, but we hold professional anglers to a higher standard,” said David Precht, a spokesman for BASS. “Their argument — and I want to emphasize it’s not our argument — the anglers feel that sometimes it can be too effective and it takes away some of the skill in what is a traditional tournament.”

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: J.H.S.] #13914267 03/07/21 08:30 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
You only have to worry about it if you are trying to fish professionally. Some average joe like me doesn't really worry about it because 95% of the folks I fish against be it in local club tourneys to BassChamps aren't going to ever learn it on that level, myself included. If you are someone who is going to try and make a run at professional fishing, then you probably need to learn it because I doubt they will ban it. Fishing is slowly becoming less about the skill of fishing, and more about learning the art of the electronics. Right, wrong, or indifferent. I am by no means advocating in either direction. I do know plenty of guys who have it that were great fisherman before livescope.

Great response !

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13914303 03/07/21 09:15 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
To put it one way by a guy I drew as a co-angler in a Toyota event, the A-rig doesn't make you a better fisherman, its a crutch. You could argue the same thing about this front facing sonar and if I'm reading the tea leaves right the top pros could well vote to limit its use. This guy was a great fisherman an had fished that series and the bassmaster opens for years, won some of these even but just never made it to the top level, he knew his stuff and probably was the most knowledgeable bass angler I've shared a boat with.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: NTX6807] #13914330 03/07/21 09:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

What is sign fishing?

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide