Forums59
Topics1,039,213
Posts13,961,037
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13910868 03/04/21 07:25 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Largest single day covid positives probably lol

If we don't get shut down again between now and then.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Barrett] #13911017 03/04/21 09:14 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by Rangerkev
90 degree where temp in June seems like a stretch. Is BASS known to kill bass at every tournament. It just amazes me the way people holler forest fire at the strike of a match. I don't recall an article ever being written about BASD killing fish. They should be the best at taking care of the fish. They have been doing it longer then any other trail. 60 and 90 minute drives have become common at quite a few Classics.

They wrote an article about Roberts and small mouth playing a key part in the tournament LMAO. I dont give any credit on anything written by them after their last masterpiece on the lake.

This ^^ I kinda of wondered if they actually had fished the lake. hammer

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Big O Florida] #13911050 03/04/21 09:42 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I'm a conservative but in the camp of what the governor did is not smart, we are trending the right way and this may result in a spike the opposite direction. We have a family in town that have been very openly anti-mask, they had a birthday party for one of the grand daughters and everybody, I mean everybody in the family came down with covid. All the younger members of the family had very mild symptoms and were fine but one of the uncles was hospitalized but is now out and ok, the grandmother tragically passed away, she was in her 50's. If your young and healthy versus old and not your outlook and what should be done is likely very different.

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: SC-001] #13911054 03/04/21 09:45 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SC-001
I'm a conservative but in the camp of what the governor did is not smart, we are trending the right way and this may result in a spike the opposite direction. We have a family in town that have been very openly anti-mask, they had a birthday party for one of the grand daughters and everybody, I mean everybody in the family came down with covid. All the younger members of the family had very mild symptoms and were fine but one of the uncles was hospitalized but is now out and ok, the grandmother tragically passed away, she was in her 50's. If your young and healthy versus old and not your outlook and what should be done is likely very different.

If you're conservative then you agree government should stay out of it. If the mask should be worn or not is a seperate issue.

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: the skipper] #13911061 03/04/21 09:57 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by the skipper
It's not until June so Texas will have plenty of time to see how the opening 100% will effect things. I imagine if things go well it will be big but I'm not sure everybody will be ready to be in that big of a crowd yet so I dont think it will set records. From a fish care standpoint, it will be fine. The ride will be better than how they get treated on the water. They will have people weighing and and adding ice and livewell treatment for the ride. They could also have some portable air bubbles that anglers could clip on their batteries and get some air to the livewells. I want her some videos from prior classics with long drives and even with the cold water they did a lot to prepare those fish and livewells for the ride

You do realize modern bass boats have closed system recirc pumps

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Barrett] #13911065 03/04/21 09:59 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Yay! Texas has lifted all COVID-19 restrictions and stated everything can go back to 100% normal for businesses. Will this allow Texas to surpass the Knoxville 2019 Classic event and become the largest of them yet? It’s a big hurdle, it was calculated that over 250k were in attendance over the multi day event! This is perfect timing!

All they are going to do is host the biggest fish kill the lake has ever seen. Hoping tpwd steps up and puts a stop to hauling em 2 hours to weigh in and back in 90 degree water temp. Plenty of calls have been made to the head ups of tpwd!

I live about 5 minutes from the ramp at Johnson Branch, it is illegal because of zebra muscles for me to transport fish to my house in my live well if I am not in a tournament. I don't get the leeway being given these guys, average Joe would get a ticket if he was caught by a GW hauling a livewell full of fish home to clean and eat them. The lake had a tough year as it is last year with all of the pressure from everyone being home. Not that excited about the change in the time of year, not that excited about tournaments in general on a lake that is kinda struggling, having said that I will likely attend the expo since it is so close. BTW, Cliff is a great guy but why would they interview the crappie guide for a bass tournament??

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Bass Buster1] #13911075 03/04/21 10:04 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Yay! Texas has lifted all COVID-19 restrictions and stated everything can go back to 100% normal for businesses. Will this allow Texas to surpass the Knoxville 2019 Classic event and become the largest of them yet? It’s a big hurdle, it was calculated that over 250k were in attendance over the multi day event! This is perfect timing!

All they are going to do is host the biggest fish kill the lake has ever seen. Hoping tpwd steps up and puts a stop to hauling em 2 hours to weigh in and back in 90 degree water temp. Plenty of calls have been made to the head ups of tpwd!

I live about 5 minutes from the ramp at Johnson Branch, it is illegal because of zebra muscles for me to transport fish to my house in my live well if I am not in a tournament. I don't get the leeway being given these guys, average Joe would get a ticket if he was caught by a GW hauling a livewell full of fish home to clean and eat them. The lake had a tough year as it is last year with all of the pressure from everyone being home. Not that excited about the change in the time of year, not that excited about tournaments in general on a lake that is kinda struggling, having said that I will likely attend the expo since it is so close. BTW, Cliff is a great guy but why would they interview the crappie guide for a bass tournament??

They have to get a waiver from TPWD, its been done before when the elite series fished Texoma

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Big O Florida] #13911112 03/04/21 10:31 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
They don't give slot limit waivers, they change the tourney format to comply with the rules on the body of water. A law is a law even when it is a bad one! Bottom line, hauling fish a solid hour plus to FT. Worth driving past I don't know how many stadiums (not to mention TMS) to get there is a terrible idea! Don't preach conservation blah bla blah, catch and release blah blah blah and then do something like this.

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Barrett] #13911126 03/04/21 10:44 PM
GreaseMonkey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Water temps aren't even close to 90 in June on Ray Roberts. Anglers can use a few ice cubes to keep live wells cool for the drive and with all the new equipment on the boats they will be fine.

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: SC-001] #13911157 03/04/21 11:18 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

They have to get a waiver from TPWD, its been done before when the elite series fished Texoma

Actually they don't need a waiver. Even small clubs can have offsite weigh in. Each angler just needs a document from the td saying he is fishing the tournament

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13911172 03/04/21 11:33 PM
R
Rayzor Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Largest single day covid positives probably lol

Don't you worry. Houston Mayor "Sly" Turner and Harris County Judge Lina "Smarter than any 30 year old" Hidalgo will say that the Bassmaster's Classic caused a spike in the Covid cases in Houston. Just watch.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: SC-001] #13911421 03/05/21 02:38 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Pretty sure they launched in Oklahoma at Catfish Bay.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: GreaseMonkey] #13911521 03/05/21 04:13 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Water temps aren't even close to 90 in June on Ray Roberts. Anglers can use a few ice cubes to keep live wells cool for the drive and with all the new equipment on the boats they will be fine.

Wrong wrong wrong. Lemme guess you prob didnt ever thing you would be able to ice skate on the lake at the end of Feb either right?

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Big O Florida] #13911552 03/05/21 04:37 AM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
[Linked Image]

Wolf Creek a couple weeks ago...

Water can easily be 90 by June, this is Texas, home of bi polar weather!

Re: Will Texas host biggest ever Bassmasters Classic [Re: Big O Florida] #13911580 03/05/21 05:35 AM
J
Jobie99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Big O, you been at this for asolid 2 years... My guess is you were on the cusp of an opportunity amd were wronged. Sorry that happened to you, but I’m life Poo-Poo occurs. In life 10% is what happens to you and 90% is how you respond to it.... most of the folks on his forum are god-fearing Christians. You should focus on forgiveness so you can find peace an happiness. Best wishes in your fishing career. I hope you spend more time prepping for your next opportunity than you do pointing out the flaws of the group hat did you wrong.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide