Forums59
Topics1,039,232
Posts13,961,305
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: 4Weight] #13903889 02/27/21 12:10 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by 4Weight
MLF is getting on my nerves. The format sucks. While I like the idea of measuring and weighing fish and releasing them, here is my beef. All week long Thrift kicked everyone's [censored]. The reset is BS. He goes down in flames today. I will give my time to Bassmaster from now on and that sucks cause I actually like several of the angers in MLF.

have to agree with this. It sucks for Thrift, but he is the one who signed on with MLF, he can only blame himself. Zeroing weights is so ghey. Nonsense. And so is the 2 pound limit. If they're going to be a count everything you catch, then count it all dangit. You got it to bite, you count it. I will watch MLF, but I personally prefer the BASS format.

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: InTheClear] #13903890 02/27/21 12:11 AM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by InTheClear
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
MLF is getting on my nerves. The format sucks. While I like the idea of measuring and weighing fish and releasing them, here is my beef. All week long Thrift kicked everyone's [censored]. The reset is BS. He goes down in flames today. I will give my time to Bassmaster from now on and that sucks cause I actually like several of the angers in MLF.

They like to reward luck, not skill in their championships. Not only did Thrift have more weight collectively over course of whole tournament, he also had biggest fish. Yet he still only is rewarded with 9th place and $18k... a far cry from the $300k he rightfully deserved.

Agree 100%.

And he had the sit on the sidelines for the last two days while the others were getting to experience the lake changing. He basically gets rewarded for not having to fish in the knockout rounds but comes into the championship cold as ice, the others who were fishing the knock rounds come in red hot! They should at least allow that position to get on the lake the day before the championship. Seems the knockout round guys had a huge advantage over Thrift.

Thrift fished 2 days like the other competitors in the final day......

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Big O Florida] #13903891 02/27/21 12:13 AM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

They like to reward luck, not skill in their championships. Not only did Thrift have more weight collectively over course of whole tournament, he also had biggest fish. Yet he still only is rewarded with 9th place and $18k... a far cry from the $300k he rightfully deserved.

Hey Big O Deep-throat...the most weight collectively wasn’t the format and it wasn’t a big bass tournament either. Your boy thrift got his azz handed to him today catching basically nothing. He should have lost and did lose. I heard BASS brass need you back to the shop to rinse some soiled drawers...get cracking.

weber
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: emorydog] #13903894 02/27/21 12:15 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by emorydog

Hey Big O Deep-throat...the most weight collectively wasn’t the format and it wasn’t a big bass tournament either. Your boy thrift got his azz handed to him today catching basically nothing. He should have lost and did lose. I heard BASS brass need you back to the shop to rinse some soiled drawers...get cracking.

Lol, I'm dead... roflmao

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: 4Weight] #13903932 02/27/21 01:03 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Excluding golf, every other sport works this way. Tampa Bay had to win each playoff game they played this year to be champions. The team with the most cumulative points in the playoffs doesn’t win. They score more than their opponent and move on, where they have to score more than that opponent.

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13903940 02/27/21 01:10 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I prefer releasing all fish, having weight cuts to reduce the field but fishermen that advance should keep their combined weight straight until the end.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13903947 02/27/21 01:14 AM
J
J2H1 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I actually prefer to watch the MLF format on TV. I imagine their fish survival rate is higher, too. The BASS event would be more fun to attend live. Just my opinion.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Hulapoppin] #13903957 02/27/21 01:22 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
Big O you should contact Luke Dunkin and be a co host on Low Budget Live, he hates the BPT as much as you. He’s pretty entertaining also.

That would be a hoot! roflmao

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13903958 02/27/21 01:23 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Excluding golf, every other sport works this way. Tampa Bay had to win each playoff game they played this year to be champions. The team with the most cumulative points in the playoffs doesn’t win. They score more than their opponent and move on, where they have to score more than that opponent.

Come to think of it that is how every other sport is. thumb

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Hulapoppin] #13903982 02/27/21 01:44 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
Big O you should contact Luke Dunkin and be a co host on Low Budget Live, he hates the BPT as much as you. He’s pretty entertaining also.

roflmao

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Frank the Tank] #13903994 02/27/21 01:51 AM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

have to agree with this. It sucks for Thrift, but he is the one who signed on with MLF, he can only blame himself. Zeroing weights is so ghey. Nonsense. And so is the 2 pound limit. If they're going to be a count everything you catch, then count it all dangit. You got it to bite, you count it. I will watch MLF, but I personally prefer the BASS format.

hey Frank, i'm glad to see your success on tour lately, but I'm wonderin what the problem is with the MLF going to the 2 lb limit. Remember the MLF on the Mississippi when KVD caught about a hundred 1 lb fish to win and everyone complained about the dink league. I think he beat Todd Faircloth who had a good 5 fish bag so that has to grate on a lot of Texas minds. Hackman had some larger fish too that day.

So now the MLF is not counting any dinks they didn't count a lot of 1 1/2 lb fish the Bass event would have liked to have today. Talk about dinks at the BASS event. Jeez I know I woulda got skunked there myself.

I think my only problem with the MLF is thinking about Boyd Duckett making a lot of money. But, at least he's a fisherman and not just some big corporation.

Brian Thrift sure was a star in those first two days!

I wanna see a new BASS format for only guys over 60 an nobody can have over $10K in electronics and trolling motor combined with a max 150 hp limit. And only fish 4 hrs then a long lunch a few cocktails and a nap. No weigh in go straight to the bar!

He who has the most fun always wins!

Last edited by beeflover; 02/27/21 02:05 AM. Reason: add a little
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13903998 02/27/21 01:55 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by beartrap
like it or not,I think we have just seen what future tournament shows and bass fishing techniques are going to be.....
having cameras in the top 10 fishermens's boats on final day and showing the action and suspense right up to the end of tournament is far more exciting than watching 3-4 guys dumping fish on the scales at a weigh-in.....and...the top 4 finishers all used live scope (or Apex) to actually see the fishing they were trying to catch....

Actually it was more Lowrance Live Target, but I agree with Bear.....watching Dustin win and all that emotion, proud for him....still not a big fan of the weights zeroes from day to day

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: BigDozer66] #13904001 02/27/21 01:58 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Come to think of it that is how every other sport is. thumb

No, it would be like resetting the score every quarter of a football game.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904002 02/27/21 01:59 AM
W
W B Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
The format make for an intense finish 95 percent of the time. Not a hater of MLF but, I can not stand watching them watch the fish on Active Target and Live Scope. It has turned into a hunting show. They aren't even looking at the water after their cast. Just staring at their electronics. SUX big time

Last edited by W B; 02/27/21 02:04 AM.
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: W B] #13904006 02/27/21 02:04 AM
RandyD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Good point,... I noticed the same...

Require a whole lot of luck...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide