Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13901013 02/25/21 12:56 AM
C
Co-pro Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
The Toyota’s and bfl seem to be doing well

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Big O Florida] #13901017 02/25/21 12:58 AM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Originally Posted by beartrap
pretty neat to be able able to watch the last several minutes with KVD and david dudley battling for the last spot......IMHO MLF has raised the entertainment and competition of tournament bass fishing to much higher level.
think about this aspect,for years all we got to see was a few minutes of the 1st and possibly 2nd place finishers catch a few fish while surrounded by 50-100 spectator boats then weighing them in and only drama/excitement was whether one fsack of fish was heavier than a previous bag already weighed in...
Redcrest format is going to provide at least 8 hours of TV exposure with a cameraman in every boat for the last three days of fishing...there is going to be $780,000. purse shared by 40 fishermen and the top 20 (and their sponsors)are all going to get far more national TV exposure than BASS classic ever provided their fishermen...
they can't talk about it but you can bet the fishermen are going to love not having to contend with huge numbers of spectator boats which have affected the outcome of many tournys in the past....

The Redcrest is and has always been nothing more than single mans ego and vanity tournament dream. Where he is obsessed with, and has been failing spectacularly while “trying to build Redcrest to be bigger and better than the Bassmaster Classic,"

The scoring format being used in this years deadcrest has all but assured we won’t know who in MLF can persevere over multiple days and changing weather conditions... only the one who was lucky on the final day.

To be fair, you cant just suck it up every day and make the final day. You have to catch them to advance. Its a change up from some guy who drops massive weights the first 2 days and catches 10-15lbs day 3 and 4 but wins because he was the only one lucky enough to find them in the beginning. Just a different format, MLF does allow more of the "any given sunday" to happen on their final day, but saying you dont know who can persevere over multiple days is not entirely correct either. I personally am a fan of the 0-0 start on championship day, you cant rely on being good day 1-3 to carry you through if you suck day 4. You have to be good enough every day to get there then the best on that day to win.

Tell that to KVD who might very well be sitting in 1st place in his group had they counted all weights. Instead he’s on the outside looking in. And the kicker is, he could have pounded them again yesterday and improved his position, but it would not have mattered at all. The same could just as easily happen with Brian Thrift tomorrow... which would highlight just how big of a joke the tournament is.

Wait, wasnt your point that they need to be good every day? Thats literally what you're describing in the above comment... ah he wasnt good today, but since he was yesterday had they counted all of it he would have been fine.. Look man, i enjoy both formats but you clearly have some deep seeded anger for MLF. MLF has its pros and cons, just like traditional 5bass fishing.

John Miller
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Mark Perry] #13901075 02/25/21 01:29 AM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Chris B
Welcome back big o. Place was getting boring without you.

He sure hits some right in the old feels.

thumb

Welcome back Big O

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Big O Florida] #13901167 02/25/21 02:50 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Originally Posted by beartrap
pretty neat to be able able to watch the last several minutes with KVD and david dudley battling for the last spot......IMHO MLF has raised the entertainment and competition of tournament bass fishing to much higher level.
think about this aspect,for years all we got to see was a few minutes of the 1st and possibly 2nd place finishers catch a few fish while surrounded by 50-100 spectator boats then weighing them in and only drama/excitement was whether one fsack of fish was heavier than a previous bag already weighed in...
Redcrest format is going to provide at least 8 hours of TV exposure with a cameraman in every boat for the last three days of fishing...there is going to be $780,000. purse shared by 40 fishermen and the top 20 (and their sponsors)are all going to get far more national TV exposure than BASS classic ever provided their fishermen...
they can't talk about it but you can bet the fishermen are going to love not having to contend with huge numbers of spectator boats which have affected the outcome of many tournys in the past....

The Redcrest is and has always been nothing more than single mans ego and vanity tournament dream. Where he is obsessed with, and has been failing spectacularly while “trying to build Redcrest to be bigger and better than the Bassmaster Classic,"

The scoring format being used in this years deadcrest has all but assured we won’t know who in MLF can persevere over multiple days and changing weather conditions... only the one who was lucky on the final day.

To be fair, you cant just suck it up every day and make the final day. You have to catch them to advance. Its a change up from some guy who drops massive weights the first 2 days and catches 10-15lbs day 3 and 4 but wins because he was the only one lucky enough to find them in the beginning. Just a different format, MLF does allow more of the "any given sunday" to happen on their final day, but saying you dont know who can persevere over multiple days is not entirely correct either. I personally am a fan of the 0-0 start on championship day, you cant rely on being good day 1-3 to carry you through if you suck day 4. You have to be good enough every day to get there then the best on that day to win.

Tell that to KVD who might very well be sitting in 1st place in his group had they counted all weights. Instead he’s on the outside looking in. And the kicker is, he could have pounded them again yesterday and improved his position, but it would not have mattered at all. The same could just as easily happen with Brian Thrift tomorrow... which would highlight just how big of a joke the tournament is.

Just think for sec about what a machine KVD was in BASS and 5 fish format and now look at how irrelevant he has been on the MLF format....I didn’t know he even made the Redcrest until we saw him practicing here one day.
Was that like a Masters exemption for past wins or something because I haven’t seen him on the MLF TV recordings, but I’m never sure when those tournaments actually happened?
They are usually few months behind

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Big O Florida] #13901185 02/25/21 03:02 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by McLovin’
Originally Posted by RandyD
What I like the most about this tournament this week, is they made the change from Palestine at the last minute, and everyone only had one day of recent practice. Out of the 40, I think, for the most part, and just my opinion, the cream of the 40 crop rose to the top... Most if not all had to figure this out on the fly on day 1, and today... Weather has stabilized... It's going to be interesting every day on who figures out where the big girls are hanging or going... I'm thinking I might want to be in the Thursday group...

This today was THE MOST BORING FISHING I’ve ever tried to watch
I logged in to live 3 times and turned it off....like watching paint dry. I get it...it was tough, but some of the leaders just quit?
Still don’t get the format and the weight resets....looks like Thrift was playing golf today and caught 5lbs from a golf cart or a pier???

Yes, I’m biased, but Palestine would have been much better this week for bigs....but MLF got a case of “Parakeet balls” and moved it...AGAIN?

You can thank the brilliant minds that run MLF for the lack of excitement or motivation by the top anglers. Those in the top 10-15 after day one had absolutely no incentive to fish, none whatsoever, because all their hard work was going to be stripped away. So why try?... 1st or 20th was going to be deemed equal after day two? It’s a who’s going to be the luckiest on the last day championship tournament, not a measure of who could catch them over multiple days; but hey, they voted on the championship tournament rules, right? And people wonder why MLF gets criticized all the time? Go figure.

I think it was a great show, its nice to see different tournament formats. I darn sure wouldn't watch it if I couldn't stand it.......

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13901199 02/25/21 03:15 AM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
This forum can not stand for you to have your own opinion.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: grandbassslayer] #13901233 02/25/21 03:38 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by McLovin’
Originally Posted by RandyD
What I like the most about this tournament this week, is they made the change from Palestine at the last minute, and everyone only had one day of recent practice. Out of the 40, I think, for the most part, and just my opinion, the cream of the 40 crop rose to the top... Most if not all had to figure this out on the fly on day 1, and today... Weather has stabilized... It's going to be interesting every day on who figures out where the big girls are hanging or going... I'm thinking I might want to be in the Thursday group...

This today was THE MOST BORING FISHING I’ve ever tried to watch
I logged in to live 3 times and turned it off....like watching paint dry. I get it...it was tough, but some of the leaders just quit?
Still don’t get the format and the weight resets....looks like Thrift was playing golf today and caught 5lbs from a golf cart or a pier???

Yes, I’m biased, but Palestine would have been much better this week for bigs....but MLF got a case of “Parakeet balls” and moved it...AGAIN?

You can thank the brilliant minds that run MLF for the lack of excitement or motivation by the top anglers. Those in the top 10-15 after day one had absolutely no incentive to fish, none whatsoever, because all their hard work was going to be stripped away. So why try?... 1st or 20th was going to be deemed equal after day two? It’s a who’s going to be the luckiest on the last day championship tournament, not a measure of who could catch them over multiple days; but hey, they voted on the championship tournament rules, right? And people wonder why MLF gets criticized all the time? Go figure.

I think it was a great show, its nice to see different tournament formats. I darn sure wouldn't watch it if I couldn't stand it.......

How did you like the coverage of Thrift on day two after his block buster day one? That was some show, eh? It was amazing to see how many fish he lost after he got bit... I am surprised no one told him after a while that he needed to put the hooks back on his baits. lmfao

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13901251 02/25/21 03:51 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
The redcrest is a joke. It will never hold a candle to the Classic. The pros that are talking it up like it’s some big super bowl of bass fishing are just grasping at straws and trying to save face. You win the redcrest, nobody cares. You win the Classic, and the it changes your career.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: J.H.S.] #13901256 02/25/21 03:55 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
The redcrest is a joke. It will never hold a candle to the Classic. The pros that are talking it up like it’s some big super bowl of bass fishing are just grasping at straws and trying to save face. You win the redcrest, nobody cares. You win the Classic, and the it changes your career.

This is a thread about the redcrest, why do you have to knock it down to build up the classic?

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: grandbassslayer] #13901258 02/25/21 03:58 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

This is a thread about the redcrest, why do you have to knock it down to build up the classic?

Did I hurt your feelings, Sally?

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: J.H.S.] #13901261 02/25/21 04:02 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Did I hurt your feelings, Sally?

Oh no, I just don't understand the little man complex people have. BASS is great, it ain't going anywhere, yet we have to hate major league fishing? You guys can skip across it if you don't like it. And its shirely, not sally, joshua.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13901264 02/25/21 04:06 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
You don’t have to hate anything. But I can. My opinion is that the redcrest and MLF blows. It’s boring. My
Comment was directed at the fact that they compare themselves to the Classic. Which is a joke.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: J.H.S.] #13901266 02/25/21 04:11 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
You don’t have to hate anything. But I can. My opinion is that the redcrest and MLF blows. It’s boring. My
Comment was directed at the fact that they compare themselves to the Classic. Which is a joke.

Got it. I just can't imagine anything in fishing worth hating, but to each his own. Does it make you feel better to hate it... roflmao

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13901285 02/25/21 04:55 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Welcome back Big O!!!!!! You are good for MLF business and viewership. The numbers are off the charts.

Thank you for your support!!!!!

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Mark Jones] #13901384 02/25/21 12:15 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Welcome back Big O!!!!!! You are good for MLF business and viewership. The numbers are off the charts.

Thank you for your support!!!!!

Don’t thank me Mark, thank the fine folks who run TFF who had the foresight to expand the reach of this platform into the transpacific and Asia regions where manufactured viewership numbers, clicks, likes, followers, and ad impressions is a multi-billion dollar business. Would love for you to share those charts that will ultimately get inserted into some pitch deck that’s destined for the desk of some clueless corporate executive that has the power of the advertising budget signing pen.

By the way, when will MLF next have an event aired LIVE on TV? Bassmasters Elites is next on Fox Sports this coming Saturday, @ 8:00am eastern... Knoxville is the venue where they will bring the big stage, to hoist the big fish, by the big names!

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide