Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13899913 02/24/21 02:53 AM
RandyD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
that was great..

Require a whole lot of luck...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: RandyD] #13899957 02/24/21 03:35 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by RandyD
What I like the most about this tournament this week, is they made the change from Palestine at the last minute, and everyone only had one day of recent practice. Out of the 40, I think, for the most part, and just my opinion, the cream of the 40 crop rose to the top... Most if not all had to figure this out on the fly on day 1, and today... Weather has stabilized... It's going to be interesting every day on who figures out where the big girls are hanging or going... I'm thinking I might want to be in the Thursday group...

This today was THE MOST BORING FISHING I’ve ever tried to watch
I logged in to live 3 times and turned it off....like watching paint dry. I get it...it was tough, but some of the leaders just quit?
Still don’t get the format and the weight resets....looks like Thrift was playing golf today and caught 5lbs from a golf cart or a pier???

Yes, I’m biased, but Palestine would have been much better this week for bigs....but MLF got a case of “Parakeet balls” and moved it...AGAIN?

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: McLovin’] #13899965 02/24/21 03:39 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by McLovin’
What I like the most about this tournament this week, is they made the change from Palestine at the last minute, and everyone only had one day of recent practice. Out of the 40, I think, for the most part, and just my opinion, the cream of the 40 crop rose to the top... Most if not all had to figure this out on the fly on day 1, and today... Weather has stabilized... It's going to be interesting every day on who figures out where the big girls are hanging or going... I'm thinking I might want to be in the Thursday group...

I logged in to live 3 times and turned it off....like watching paint dry. I get it...it was tough, but some of the leaders just quit?
Still don’t get the format and the weight resets....looks like Thrift was playing golf today and caught 5lbs from a golf cart or a pier???

Yes, I’m biased, but Palestine would have been much better this week for bigs....but MLF got a case of “Parakeet balls” and moved it...AGAIN?

With all the infrastructure damage in the state MLF would have been ripped a new one if they still tried to hold the event in TX

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: McLovin’] #13900194 02/24/21 01:32 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by McLovin’

You can thank the brilliant minds that run MLF for the lack of excitement or motivation by the top anglers. Those in the top 10-15 after day one had absolutely no incentive to fish, none whatsoever, because all their hard work was going to be stripped away. So why try?... 1st or 20th was going to be deemed equal after day two? It’s a who’s going to be the luckiest on the last day championship tournament, not a measure of who could catch them over multiple days; but hey, they voted on the championship tournament rules, right? And people wonder why MLF gets criticized all the time? Go figure.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900197 02/24/21 01:37 PM
tsig2012 Offline
Angler
Angler
Sure wish they would get some better commentators.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: MagFluker] #13900203 02/24/21 01:43 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by MagFluker
It just doesn't feel like a championship type event to me. Seems like a normal event. Pretty slow except for a few guys. Ott had a good run on a jerkbait early, Thrift likes Eufala a lot.

I agree. A championship, in my opinion, should not be basically no practice. I get all the reasons for moving it, but postponing it just a few more days so the guys could have a normal practice would have made this event much better. It feels more like one of their made for TV cup events.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900222 02/24/21 01:56 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I think there is a 100% chance that they change the rules in future Redcrest events, so the the top two weights automatically go to the championship round. Their goal is to make good TV and when your top 5 anglers are trying NOT to catch fish, thats a problem.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Big O Florida] #13900262 02/24/21 02:31 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

You can thank the brilliant minds that run MLF for the lack of excitement or motivation by the top anglers. Those in the top 10-15 after day one had absolutely no incentive to fish, none whatsoever, because all their hard work was going to be stripped away. So why try?... 1st or 20th was going to be deemed equal after day two? It’s a who’s going to be the luckiest on the last day championship tournament, not a measure of who could catch them over multiple days; but hey, they voted on the championship tournament rules, right? And people wonder why MLF gets criticized all the time? Go figure.

So how is it any different from a 5 fish tournament when the top guys have a solid bag and don't want to burn through their spot/fish to add ounces? It's about the same thing. They go looking for other areas and running new water and looking for alternative patterns. Same thing the leaders did hear. Save their best area for the next day.

Last weeks BASS event was pretty boring TV a lot of the time. They had to keep reverting back to highlights from the prior days. They needed to have filler for when they were fishing and not catching. I'd still prefer to watch guys fishing and hearing their thought process instead of flashbacks from the prior days or tournaments.

With that said, if it's bass fishing I'm going to watch it regardless of the format or tour.

flag fish

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900280 02/24/21 02:40 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Im thinking maybe not the top two after two days, but the heaviest single day weight each day the first two days skips to final. That might keep more of them after the fish. Obviously If the bite was stronger, might not have been quite as many backing off the fish.

It was a bit slow for my liking, but then again the fishing was slow and you have to have fish for every day. While you may not like the long game, fishing for $300K over 4 days there has to be strategy. Golf isn’t exciting watching drives from the second tee the first day either, but the last day is the payoff.

weber
Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900307 02/24/21 03:01 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
The field only caught 2 fish in the first hour? That is slllowwwww.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: emorydog] #13900322 02/24/21 03:09 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by emorydog
Im thinking maybe not the top two after two days, but the heaviest single day weight each day the first two days skips the top 20. That might keep more of them after the fish. Obviously If the bite was stronger, might not have been quite as many backing off the fish.

That would make be more consistent with what they do for the regular tour events since the first round the field is split into separate groups, thats why 2 instead of 1 get to skip directly to the championship round.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Barn] #13900399 02/24/21 04:11 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

So how is it any different from a 5 fish tournament when the top guys have a solid bag and don't want to burn through their spot/fish to add ounces? It's about the same thing. They go looking for other areas and running new water and looking for alternative patterns. Same thing the leaders did hear. Save their best area for the next day.

Last weeks BASS event was pretty boring TV a lot of the time. They had to keep reverting back to highlights from the prior days. They needed to have filler for when they were fishing and not catching. I'd still prefer to watch guys fishing and hearing their thought process instead of flashbacks from the prior days or tournaments.

With that said, if it's bass fishing I'm going to watch it regardless of the format or tour.

flag fish

It’s night and day difference. An all weights count to determine winner, whereas with the MLF deadcrest, everyone gets a reset each time the field has a cut off, and in this case, that benefited everyone but Brian Thrift.

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900403 02/24/21 04:16 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Someone got paroled

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: tmd11111] #13900471 02/24/21 05:19 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Someone got paroled

He will end up back in time out. He's like a career criminal. He can't stop

Re: Red Crest Official Thread [Re: Brent S] #13900483 02/24/21 05:27 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I always enjoy when Big O’ snags a new one to engage with. He ain’t wrong.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide