Print Thread
Limestone Lake #13899548 02/23/21 09:53 PM
J
jig master Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Where can I go in my boat on limestone and sit on a hole and catch catfish. I want to take a break from crappie. Any pointers or area of the lake would be Appreciated.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Limestone Lake [Re: jig master] #13899972 02/24/21 03:48 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
You can go to Running Branch Marina (on the east side of the lake) & see how the depth is. I have not been since August. If the lake level ... HMM, I just checked the website that lists Limestone. It has not been updated since January 19th. That's odd.

Anywas, you might call first. RB's number is 254-729-5474 and ask what the lake level is. If close to normal to about 1.5 feet low, you should be able to get out from RB easy. This is a long No Wake Zone. Approximate 15 minute putt-putt speed until you pass thru the line of buoys. Then you can head on out towards the bottom of the lake. Just before or as you enter the bottom of the Lake, there is a watere pumping station on your right. Just out from the three buoys is about 28 feet of water- good blues there. If you have a much smaller boat & don't want to be out on the main lake or have no motor, then head out from RB & after two nooks on your left is a round peninsula sticking out with the sign or monument marker- Laguna Jack. Looking at the clear "U" to your right, of the stumps & such. As you are looking from the peninsula, you want to fish the left side of the "U" for Blues & Channels.

Other than that, you can go up to the FM or Hwy that crosses the north end of the lake & drop in there, and head south just a tad. Go up into Big Creek. At RB they have a map on the wall. Take notes should you head up there so you will be in the correct creek.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Limestone Lake [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13900113 02/24/21 12:20 PM
J
jig master Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Catfish Lynn
You can go to Running Branch Marina (on the east side of the lake) & see how the depth is. I have not been since August. If the lake level ... HMM, I just checked the website that lists Limestone. It has not been updated since January 19th. That's odd.

Anywas, you might call first. RB's number is 254-729-5474 and ask what the lake level is. If close to normal to about 1.5 feet low, you should be able to get out from RB easy. This is a long No Wake Zone. Approximate 15 minute putt-putt speed until you pass thru the line of buoys. Then you can head on out towards the bottom of the lake. Just before or as you enter the bottom of the Lake, there is a watere pumping station on your right. Just out from the three buoys is about 28 feet of water- good blues there. If you have a much smaller boat & don't want to be out on the main lake or have no motor, then head out from RB & after two nooks on your left is a round peninsula sticking out with the sign or monument marker- Laguna Jack. Looking at the clear "U" to your right, of the stumps & such. As you are looking from the peninsula, you want to fish the left side of the "U" for Blues & Channels.

Other than that, you can go up to the FM or Hwy that crosses the north end of the lake & drop in there, and head south just a tad. Go up into Big Creek. At RB they have a map on the wall. Take notes should you head up there so you will be in the correct creek.

Thanks for the advise. Iā€™m not sure where the water pumping station is could you possibly take a screen shot of the map lake and circle it. Again thanks for the advice.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Limestone Lake [Re: jig master] #13910180 03/04/21 03:39 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
jig master, I sent you a PM a few days back, but it shows to be unread by you. I was thinking I noted it here, but I don't see it here in this thread. Anyways, check your private messages.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Limestone Lake [Re: jig master] #13910271 03/04/21 04:49 AM
L
Littledog Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Looks like the Corps is doing some upgrades to their web site.
Meanwhile; This has good daily info:
https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/c...R7PWdfJ&page=Reports&report=fish

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide