Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13899602 02/23/21 10:43 PM
T
Techfisher Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Well Bigbob I'm not sure I totally agree with that statement. Seems to me a lot of so-called conservative states like to dictate rules on abortion rights, school choice, they seem to favor religious candidates that get elected because their preacher tells his sheep to vote for them and in many conservative states the religious faction out numbers the non-religious faction, and in general seem to have a LOT more rules in many cases that attempt to tell people what to do. If that's not govt. interference in one's life I don't know what is. I don't have a problem with rules/laws as long as they aren't only favoring just one sides views and wishes.

I was totally surprised when Okie land passed the marijuana bill. It was the urban areas that made it pass because the rural areas were up in arms hollering about reefer madness, sin, gateways to sin, slackers, you name it. All I see is that some people are making a boat load of money right now...:)

I've lived in states that were liberal and conservative and I prefer middle of the road states...limited government, people keeping their nose of out other people's lives, and a minimum of political drama. Know any state like that...:)

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13899607 02/23/21 10:47 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I see it as more libertarian conservatism. It's not about old school Republicans. The party is changing.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Topwater2] #13899616 02/23/21 10:54 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Topwater2
In our CC class, our instructor said if it were up to him, 5 out of the 50 in our class would pass. He went on to say that the state of Texas wants our money so everyone in class WILL pass today. Next thing he said was "sign here" your license is in the mail. He did fail a few, like the guy trying to load his magazine by putting the ammo in backwards.

Sounds like he was no fan of the constitution. I get it, there are some real goobs with guns, but it doesn't matter they have the right.

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: grandbassslayer] #13899678 02/23/21 11:42 PM
T
Topwater2 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
In our CC class, our instructor said if it were up to him, 5 out of the 50 in our class would pass. He went on to say that the state of Texas wants our money so everyone in class WILL pass today. Next thing he said was "sign here" your license is in the mail. He did fail a few, like the guy trying to load his magazine by putting the ammo in backwards.

Sounds like he was no fan of the constitution. I get it, there are some real goobs with guns, but it doesn't matter they have the right.

He was a big fan of the constitution, he didn't want goobs with guns on the street, and I get that. I almost got shot by one the goobs waving his gun around at the range. He didn't need one, he needed training.

FishKen
Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13899683 02/23/21 11:45 PM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
The timing of this thread is amusing. Millions of Texans spent most of last week in subzero temperatures without heat, electricity, or runing water. Some people with variable rate providers were billed $9000/key, but ask a bunch of Texans what's wrong with their state............. gun permits.

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13899751 02/24/21 12:51 AM
T
Techfisher Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
now that's a good point Bigbob. I hadn't considered a libertarian slant on it. Government and personal viewpoints each have their place. it's when we get so dug in on our individual viewpoints and demand that everyone else adhere to them or agree with them or they will be punished and/or shunned/exiled, voted off the island, etc. that my support breaks down. My take on rules anymore are that they are kinda like suggestions...I consider them if they don't inconvenience me too much...:)

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Gusick] #13899761 02/24/21 12:57 AM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Gusick
The timing of this thread is amusing. Millions of Texans spent most of last week in subzero temperatures without heat, electricity, or runing water. Some people with variable rate providers were billed $9000/key, but ask a bunch of Texans what's wrong with their state............. gun permits.

The folks who signed upon these constant changing plans like Griddy constantly bragged about it, recommended it, and pointed out how much money they saved.

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Techfisher] #13899770 02/24/21 01:05 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Techfisher
now that's a good point Bigbob. I hadn't considered a libertarian slant on it. Government and personal viewpoints each have their place. it's when we get so dug in on our individual viewpoints and demand that everyone else adhere to them or agree with them or they will be punished and/or shunned/exiled, voted off the island, etc. that my support breaks down. My take on rules anymore are that they are kinda like suggestions...I consider them if they don't inconvenience me too much...:)

cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: grandbassslayer] #13899777 02/24/21 01:08 AM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

I call idiot, if you think you can run this program for $40 each 5 years and spend $27 for background checks, with a mere $13 going to DPS to administer the program,I say he is an economic ignoramus. I’ll bet his one time fee was more than the five year Texas fee. Further, if he is passing those who should pass because Texas wants the fees he is dangerous and stupid.

Re: What's wrong with Texas? [Re: Topwater2] #13899786 02/24/21 01:22 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
T

Put my vote on the side of requiring training!!! My experience with gun sales for Years taught me there's way too many that own guns that shouldn't or at lease own guns that would greatly benefit from professional training.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide