texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,030
TexDawg 119,792
Bigbob_FTW 95,334
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,490
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,918
Posts13,955,334
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Josh Jones [Re: Jpurdue] #13898935 02/23/21 02:47 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I'm just excited somebody might have cracked the code on an untapped population of giant bass. We've all day dreamed about the giants that suspend out in open water, spawn in the tops of trees, and never see lures. Many of the huge bass John Hope tracked behaved just this way. The only time they were ever caught, if at all, was during the spawn. Why? Because fishing for suspended bass is wicked tough and everyone prefers to pound the bank.

I hope these phantoms are real and livescope helps more of them materialize! How cool would it be to start seeing lake records being made again!

Agree 1000% - why wouldn't we be excited about this?

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Josh Jones [Re: Okfish96] #13898967 02/23/21 03:11 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Okfish96
Man y’all Texans are sure being little b$$$$es the lakes up here are frozen so he comes down there and catches your fish. Oh wait they aren’t your fish I am sure he bought a Texas license so that gives him the right to catch and haul them around in his boat or even kill them and eat them. He is a dang good long haired fisherman and he didn’t hurt your fish. It’s a shame people get so jealous because they can’t do what he is. I bought a live scope because of watching him and it’s not as easy as he makes it look but I am getting better with it. I also plan to take a trip with him to learn more. Keep doing what you are doing Josh Jones and I hope you catch a Texas state record then they will really cry

He isn't doing anything on Ivie the rest of us haven't been doing for awhile now. We just don't publicize it.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: J.H.S.] #13898984 02/23/21 03:19 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Man y’all Texans are sure being little b$$$$es the lakes up here are frozen so he comes down there and catches your fish. Oh wait they aren’t your fish I am sure he bought a Texas license so that gives him the right to catch and haul them around in his boat or even kill them and eat them. He is a dang good long haired fisherman and he didn’t hurt your fish. It’s a shame people get so jealous because they can’t do what he is. I bought a live scope because of watching him and it’s not as easy as he makes it look but I am getting better with it. I also plan to take a trip with him to learn more. Keep doing what you are doing Josh Jones and I hope you catch a Texas state record then they will really cry

He isn't doing anything on Ivie the rest of us haven't been doing for awhile now. We just don't publicize it.

You catching teeners???

Re: Josh Jones [Re: JackMason] #13898999 02/23/21 03:26 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by Josh Seale

You catching teeners???

Naw not me. Just 10's and 35 pound bags the last couple of trips. But I can assure you guys like Brian Hall and Chance Woods and several other local guys around here catch as many big fish on that lake as anyone. They don't go around publicizing things. I have fished many tournaments on Ivie and know it well myself, we have been catching them big for years.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13899016 02/23/21 03:33 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
One of these days I'm gonna catch a fish out of Ivie

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13899041 02/23/21 03:53 PM
N
NTX6807 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Another share lunker today, guess this guy was just lucky too? Hahaha locals be maddddddd [Linked Image]

Re: Josh Jones [Re: NTX6807] #13899105 02/23/21 04:40 PM
G
G Love Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted by NTX6807
Another share lunker today, guess this guy was just lucky too? Hahaha locals be maddddddd [Linked Image]

That whole family is fiishhhhhhy af. They all hammer toads. Congrats Don!

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13899110 02/23/21 04:45 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That guy looks like he's about 4'-6" tall.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: NTX6807] #13899226 02/23/21 06:28 PM
skeeter75 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by NTX6807

I,m happy for him. Don't look like he's gonna hold it in his live-well all day and try to kill it!

PB: 14.22 Ivie
Re: Josh Jones [Re: skeeter75] #13899335 02/23/21 07:34 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by skeeter75
Originally Posted by Big hoss
Originally Posted by sprigsss
I don’t get all the hate.

He is not the only one on that lake with Livescope. Last I checked A-rigs can be purchased at almost any store that sells tackle. Yet no one else I’m aware of has come close to doing what he has done the last few days. Maybe the guy is just that good.

The good news is a huge percentage of these fish will likely be inaccessible when they move up to spawn. There is so much water on that lake that is nearly impossible to get a bass boat in.

I’m also fairly certain he is targeting fish that are as lost completely unpressured.

Sure people will go to the lake and certainly have some great days, some will struggle, but I doubt anyone replicates what these guys have done.

In his defense, I also don’t think he was the one putting “Ivie” all over social media.

Those fish he is catching now can be caught when they move up I would be willing to bet . A lot of the fish in Ivie spawn in 12-15 ft of water . They all don’t go up on the bank .

You are correct. The fish they’re catching now are 20 plus foot of water. All I’m saying take care of them! Not arguing at all. I loose respect for anyone that haul fish around for an extra click. The fish pay for everyone’s extra click. I know it happens everywhere now. No matter if they’re catching 2lbers. Sucks. Media

Not to argue, but maybe I can give you a little perspective on how JJ may have seen it from his perspective...and how it strongly relates to your scenario and the $9k.

Im likely going to Ivie next week coming from El Paso....I thought Amistad was the closest thing to decent fishing without going far east texas. This guy and miliken have 100% blown the lid off and opened up a whole new can of worms to people like me (so has TPWD). And yea that sucks as a local and i feel you....but I hope youd understand that it is a community resource and the public has helped get it to where its at today with tax dollars.

you mentioned the fish being a $9k payday. This fish can and will likely net him many multiples of that $9k in both short and longer term returns. I did some facebook stalking (as im sure many others did) and reading here...and it seems like he is blessed enough to make his living off fishing. Hell...i read here $1k/trip. Well....that means he just needs 9 trips from people who have never heard of him (vast majority im guessing) to make $9k off this fish. But I have a feeling lifetime he just upped his guide game/demand with this week alone when you pair it with his past track record....so this fish is worth way more than $9k toward his livelihood and future. Im not even factoring in sponsors and extra opportunities (fishing with Jimmy H)....but this fish was worth way more than $9k.

It's 2021....we all know how hard it is to make it as a tourney fisherman...but with social media, making a living off fishing is wayyy more possible today than it was when you had your $9k payday. Back in the older days if you wanted to make $10k you better win a tourney.....today....you can make $10k+ on a single video that goes viral or semi viral. Its just where we are and what the reality is nowadays.

So im not a fan of livewelling them either and wish he wouldve caught and released ASAP....but he didnt do it "just for clicks" he did it to help support his livelihood and to help the longevity or possibility of him being able to continue to do what he loves...and make a living off of it. I know I wrote a book...but i hope you can see this isnt just "for likes" or "for clicks" and attention....this is about the bottom line for him.....in my opinion.

Last edited by bockscar; 02/23/21 07:37 PM.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: bockscar] #13899361 02/23/21 07:49 PM
J
JoseyWales34 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by bockscar

He is not the only one on that lake with Livescope. Last I checked A-rigs can be purchased at almost any store that sells tackle. Yet no one else I’m aware of has come close to doing what he has done the last few days. Maybe the guy is just that good.

The good news is a huge percentage of these fish will likely be inaccessible when they move up to spawn. There is so much water on that lake that is nearly impossible to get a bass boat in.

I’m also fairly certain he is targeting fish that are as lost completely unpressured.

Sure people will go to the lake and certainly have some great days, some will struggle, but I doubt anyone replicates what these guys have done.

In his defense, I also don’t think he was the one putting “Ivie” all over social media.

Those fish he is catching now can be caught when they move up I would be willing to bet . A lot of the fish in Ivie spawn in 12-15 ft of water . They all don’t go up on the bank .

You are correct. The fish they’re catching now are 20 plus foot of water. All I’m saying take care of them! Not arguing at all. I loose respect for anyone that haul fish around for an extra click. The fish pay for everyone’s extra click. I know it happens everywhere now. No matter if they’re catching 2lbers. Sucks. Media

Not to argue, but maybe I can give you a little perspective on how JJ may have seen it from his perspective...and how it strongly relates to your scenario and the $9k.

Im likely going to Ivie next week coming from El Paso....I thought Amistad was the closest thing to decent fishing without going far east texas. This guy and miliken have 100% blown the lid off and opened up a whole new can of worms to people like me (so has TPWD). And yea that sucks as a local and i feel you....but I hope youd understand that it is a community resource and the public has helped get it to where its at today with tax dollars.

you mentioned the fish being a $9k payday. This fish can and will likely net him many multiples of that $9k in both short and longer term returns. I did some facebook stalking (as im sure many others did) and reading here...and it seems like he is blessed enough to make his living off fishing. Hell...i read here $1k/trip. Well....that means he just needs 9 trips from people who have never heard of him (vast majority im guessing) to make $9k off this fish. But I have a feeling lifetime he just upped his guide game/demand with this week alone when you pair it with his past track record....so this fish is worth way more than $9k toward his livelihood and future. Im not even factoring in sponsors and extra opportunities (fishing with Jimmy H)....but this fish was worth way more than $9k.

It's 2021....we all know how hard it is to make it as a tourney fisherman...but with social media, making a living off fishing is wayyy more possible today than it was when you had your $9k payday. Back in the older days if you wanted to make $10k you better win a tourney.....today....you can make $10k+ on a single video that goes viral or semi viral. Its just where we are and what the reality is nowadays.

So im not a fan of livewelling them either and wish he wouldve caught and released ASAP....but he didnt do it "just for clicks" he did it to help support his livelihood and to help the longevity or possibility of him being able to continue to do what he loves...and make a living off of it. I know I wrote a book...but i hope you can see this isnt just "for likes" or "for clicks" and attention....this is about the bottom line for him.....in my opinion.

^^^^THIS! ALL OF THIS^^^^^^

Re: Josh Jones [Re: bockscar] #13899381 02/23/21 08:00 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bockscar

I wish all the best on your journey to Ivie. Best advice I can give is study a map and be prepared to be a bit overwhelmed when you get there. Oh and watch out for trees sticking up in the channels in 50' fow.

Last edited by tmd11111; 02/23/21 08:01 PM.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13899449 02/23/21 08:33 PM
C
Co-pro Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Catching giants outta grandmas pond in Oklahoma or a hammer hole in Texas really doesn’t blow my skirt up.
Come scope them up at texoma and I’ll be on board.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Co-pro] #13899471 02/23/21 08:42 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Co-pro
Catching giants outta grandmas pond in Oklahoma or a hammer hole in Texas really doesn’t blow my skirt up.
Come scope them up at texoma and I’ll be on board.

roflmao

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13899787 02/24/21 01:24 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Now you went and made the locals mad, they catch Sals everyday . They just don't mention it until now, but they don't ever want to tell you until today . Makes sense.

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide