Re: New protocol at private school [Re: MBradford] #13896431 02/21/21 06:28 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by MBradford
You could always homeschool them.

Many homeschool kids seem a bit "odd" from my experience. Notice I didn't say uneducated. I've spent more time the last few days with my neighbor (helping with repairs), and over several periods running into lengthy hours, I saw their three kids a total of a few minutes. It was when they came out to get something to eat at mealtime. They STAY closed up in their separate rooms. I had noticed this on other brief visits, but wrote it off to only being there briefly. Now I feel differently. My wife says its not uncommon for them to be unsocialized, pretty much loner type people. I'd venture that private school would be a much better choice - for many reasons, not just the Whu-flu.

Last edited by Flippin-Out; 02/21/21 06:30 AM.
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13896435 02/21/21 06:39 AM
C
CKINCAID Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
I forgot to add.. Washington state.. and this is Northwest Christian academy school. I can tell they are tired too but have to stay strict on policy or face the wrath of our idiot. Due to how they enacted all the measures my kids are benefiting the rewards. But this BS needs to stop

FJB
If life isn't going right...Go left
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13896455 02/21/21 11:10 AM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
That paper explains the daily life of every kid pre Covid for the most part.

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: New protocol at private school [Re: Flippin-Out] #13896456 02/21/21 11:13 AM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

Many homeschool kids seem a bit "odd" from my experience. Notice I didn't say uneducated. I've spent more time the last few days with my neighbor (helping with repairs), and over several periods running into lengthy hours, I saw their three kids a total of a few minutes. It was when they came out to get something to eat at mealtime. They STAY closed up in their separate rooms. I had noticed this on other brief visits, but wrote it off to only being there briefly. Now I feel differently. My wife says its not uncommon for them to be unsocialized, pretty much loner type people. I'd venture that private school would be a much better choice - for many reasons, not just the Whu-flu.
That is not the norm from my experiences.. most homeschoolers ARE around many other students just not IN a school classroom and honestly I dont know of any that are loners..just my experience with several I know of.

Last edited by gander; 02/21/21 11:16 AM.
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: gander] #13896582 02/21/21 02:54 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by gander

That is not the norm from my experiences.. most homeschoolers ARE around many other students just not IN a school classroom and honestly I dont know of any that are loners..just my experience with several I know of.

We can agree to disagree then, I guess. My wife (and other family members) are in an industry sector where they encounter and deal with a lot more than "a few" homeschoolers, year in and year out, from long before its popularity had grown. Yes, there are mechanisms that sometimes put them together, but they are typically not daily routines, but once-a-week type things, or they may be those add-on type things that other kids do also typically - such as Little League, and now I guess he/she/it/hze, shz, etc. scouts.

Re: New protocol at private school [Re: Flippin-Out] #13896818 02/21/21 05:43 PM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

I agree, most homeschool folks I’ve ever met we’re socially awkward and a little bit on the odd side.. I Will admit that they usually get a better education than public, they just missing all those social interactions growing up that the public school system provides.. I would love to homeschool my baby girl but don’t want her growing up to be a social weirdo like her daddy..

Re: New protocol at private school [Re: Flippin-Out] #13896825 02/21/21 05:48 PM
lanman71 Online Confused
Maroon!
Online Confused
Maroon!

I work in education (not an educator) and I have seen homeschooling situations that are far better than public schools and seen some that are worse. Depends on the parents level of involvement. The vast majority are doing it right and for reasons they believe in so it’s s a good thing, but there are the exceptions where the parents are just lazy and are letting their kids get away without having to be in school too. And of course there are some that just don’t have it in them to teach their kids correctly even though they mean well.

What a maroon!
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13896830 02/21/21 05:51 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
A lot of kids do not have good parents. I know. I dealt with this throughout my career for 37 years. It is vital that a child has either parents, a parent, or a adult family member to seek good advice from. With out good guidance from parent(s) for the most part schooling could be a waste of time. Just my two cents. 2cents

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13896968 02/21/21 07:42 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by CKINCAID
I can't wait till the left can shove this straight up the candy @$$

[Linked Image]

Tired of my kids being subjected to this BS daily

Other than the two covid questions a good parent or anyone with half a dose of common sense wouldn’t be sending kids to school w most of that listed anyways. Maybe a headache or runny nose but it if others have came down sick and it’s suspected the start of something worse.

Schools aren’t day care or babysitters.

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 02/21/21 07:43 PM.
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13896970 02/21/21 07:52 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Home school is about trade offs. We homeschooled one out of four kids. I see some homeschoolers that are a bit odd, but then I have seen many kids graduating from public school who cannot read or do simple mathematics. Success in school, home school or public school, is all about effort and dedication. Each situation is different.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13897043 02/21/21 09:46 PM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I have been filling out that form for 6 months

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13897045 02/21/21 09:49 PM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Next question, private school still has paper copies

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: New protocol at private school [Re: CKINCAID] #13897057 02/21/21 10:07 PM
CaptainCrunch Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Just to balance things out here - I've seen many public school kids that seem a bit "odd".

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide