Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,908
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13889101 02/15/21 11:05 PM
C
Chris G Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Thanks for everyone posting on here as well on as on the Facebook page. This is a great start. Something we could use some help with is contact info for any business owners in the area. Some are easier to find than others but I would think just about all of them can benefit from this lake being accessible to the public again. If you have some, please send me a PM and I will get in touch with them to get a write up from them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13890065 02/16/21 09:21 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
since the land is privately owned has anyone approached the owners to see about a public access to the lake seems that would be the place to start other than that if it is private property if the owners dont want you there they have that right.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: ssmith] #13890686 02/17/21 02:53 PM
C
Chris G Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by ssmith
since the land is privately owned has anyone approached the owners to see about a public access to the lake seems that would be the place to start other than that if it is private property if the owners dont want you there they have that right.

I have personally spent the last nearly 2 years on this exact things without any success so we are now going down a different path.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13892503 02/18/21 04:37 PM
Vette1125 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Bump

Chuck
Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13892543 02/18/21 05:12 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
I dont do facebook anymore but never really did but when zuck boy started censoring conservatives im officially done.
Would love to help so where can us non facebookers go.
Thanks

My thoughts also. I will help in any way I can other than going through facebook. I don't have a facebook account, never did.

Last edited by ezbassin; 02/18/21 05:12 PM.
Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13893873 02/19/21 02:45 PM
C
Chris G Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I hate facebook as much as the next guy..in fact I hate all social media for the most part. However, to accomplish this goal we need the ability to show eye balls wanting the same end goal and decided that route was the best for now. I don't even have a real FB page...its Chris Fisherman and I have never posted a single thing in the 4 years the account has been active.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13893926 02/19/21 03:08 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Chris G seems like a pretty good guy so I don’t want to poopoo on his initiative but this stuff annoys me. Assuming I have the info correct.

If it doesn’t make sense for the owners to assume the liability or maintenance or whatever comes with leaving it open to the public then they shouldn’t have to listen to their neighbors tell them what to do with their property. No one forced anyone to buy land near it or put up a business around it.

And I might be wrong but isn’t Monticello connected to another lake that remains open? So any local businesses tied to Monticello still have The other lake to attract people to the area correct? I mean Dallas only has about 30 other reservoirs in the area. I don’t see a public harm from a tiny lake, attached another lake, now being closed to the public.

It seems more people are upset that something they enjoyed back in the day is no longer available. That’s just life folks. Time marches on.

So unless you are forming a group to buy the lake, you aren’t really doing anything but complaining that someone else won’t let you play with their stuff.

Feel free to correct me where I’m wrong. I’m open minded.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: TxBazzn] #13893943 02/19/21 03:14 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Chris G seems like a pretty good guy so I don’t want to poopoo on his initiative but this stuff annoys me. Assuming I have the info correct.

If it doesn’t make sense for the owners to assume the liability or maintenance or whatever comes with leaving it open to the public then they shouldn’t have to listen to their neighbors tell them what to do with their property. No one forced anyone to buy land near it or put up a business around it.

And I might be wrong but isn’t Monticello connected to another lake that remains open? So any local businesses tied to Monticello still have The other lake to attract people to the area correct? I mean Dallas only has about 30 other reservoirs in the area. I don’t see a public harm from a tiny lake, attached another lake, now being closed to the public.

It seems more people are upset that something they enjoyed back in the day is no longer available. That’s just life folks. Time marches on.

So unless you are forming a group to buy the lake, you aren’t really doing anything but complaining that someone else won’t let you play with their stuff.

thumb

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13893965 02/19/21 03:24 PM
C
Chris G Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by TxBazzn

I generally don't respond to posts like this but will oblige due to excessive cabin fever. This is not someone took my ball and I can't play anymore although I could absolutely see how it could appear that way. TPWD spent easily hundreds of thousands of dollars building one of the most amazing fisheries in the state and quite possibly more. That money came from tax payers including you assuming you live here. If you haven't fished the lake, then you don't understand how incredible this place is. The resources in that lake are owned by the State of Texas and therefor the people of Texas. Also, I don't ever recall hearing about groups of guys from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and other states planning trips to fish Bob Sandlin. If you don't care to support our efforts, that's ok.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13893987 02/19/21 03:36 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
The gate is open on the dam the resources are not trapped in there, they are free to go into Bob Sandlin.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13893991 02/19/21 03:38 PM
bassnman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Regarding "So unless you are forming a group to buy the lake", I would be interested in participating in some form of ownership if it included lake access, park maintenance, etc. and that could be where this ends up. Ability to buy lots would be even more appealing. Regarding "you aren’t really doing anything but complaining", I think there is definite benefit to making it known there is interest in the lake. To local businesses and to developers. It may even spur a deep pocketed investor to do something that would both be profitable to him and beneficial to those interested in lake access. Think about how much lakefront lots on lakes like Fork and Sandllin and Cypress were worth ten years ago and how much they are worth today. And how baby boomers are retiring more and more which should continue that trend.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: bassnman] #13894285 02/19/21 06:37 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by bassnman
Regarding "So unless you are forming a group to buy the lake", I would be interested in participating in some form of ownership if it included lake access, park maintenance, etc. and that could be where this ends up. Ability to buy lots would be even more appealing. Regarding "you aren’t really doing anything but complaining", I think there is definite benefit to making it known there is interest in the lake. To local businesses and to developers. It may even spur a deep pocketed investor to do something that would both be profitable to him and beneficial to those interested in lake access. Think about how much lakefront lots on lakes like Fork and Sandllin and Cypress were worth ten years ago and how much they are worth today. And how baby boomers are retiring more and more which should continue that trend.

Bucket Mouth Equity Group! I’d like someone smarter than me to manage it but it feels like in certain states this would be a great investment fund. Sell lots, open marinas, manage resorts, host tournaments.

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13894339 02/19/21 07:21 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
So let's get this ball rolling. How many acres of land are available and what are they asking. We can either low ball them or make the price go up which might get someone else to act quicker.

[Linked Image]

I hear the wind blowing, but I don't see any trees shaking! roflmao

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Lake Monticello - We need your help [Re: Chris G] #13894347 02/19/21 07:25 PM
B
BROWNING STRONG Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Bad bearings in the dam , it can't be closed . My guess is Sandlin will be a great lake this year .

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide