Print Thread
Oklahoma road conditions #13886383 02/14/21 12:20 AM
S
SlabWhisperer Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Just heard from my wife who's traveling from Miami. OK. to Dallas.. Just went through Atoka, and said the roads have been clear and dry the whole way. Glad she was able to get back today, otherwise may have had to spend another week up there.
Y'all be safe...

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886394 02/14/21 12:27 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I drove 35 from Ft. Worth to Denton then 380 from Denton to Lake Bridgeport earlier. It was clear. No ice.

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886404 02/14/21 12:38 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I just got home from 5hr drive, Paris, AR to Flower Mound. I-40, Hiway 69, Rayburn toll way. All clear. It spit very light snow on us just east of Checotah but roads are dry for now. If she wouldn't have left early today, she would be stuck up there definitely until this coming Friday or so. Coldest on today's drive was 16 degrees. We were supposed to come home on Monday. Thank goodness the trip was shortened. Ya'll be safe out there, or better yet, keep your buns in da' house!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886435 02/14/21 01:02 AM
K.D. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I left San Marcus at 4am headed for Seagoville. I made it two miles and watched a UPS tandem jack knife on the overpass. I get another mile and a pick up spins 180 degrees and his headlights are now facing me. As I go to change lanes I got the ride of my life in an 18 wheeler. How I kept it straight can only be because I was creeping at about 35 over the bridge. Another mile and the police have flares out and are sending us all to the service road. As I passed the cop said they already have 5 wrecks over the next 3 or 4 miles.

At that point I planned to park it. By the time I get the 10 miles to a truck stop we are back on the highway and moving at about 45. Drove like that to Waco. More icy bridges and wrecks there and then Hillsboro was slick as well. Saw 3 trucks either jack knifed or off the road.

I made it to Seagoville and swapped loads. Now I’m in Monroe LA headed for Ga. I tried to go as Far East as I could before I ran out of time for the day. Let’s see what it looks like at 4am tomorrow. I’m skeptical so far.

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886441 02/14/21 01:04 AM
K.D. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Sorry, didn’t realize that was so long...the point is the irony that it was so nasty down south but not so bad in DFW and north

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886446 02/14/21 01:10 AM
SteveHummert Online Content
pawpaw
Online Content
pawpaw
Be careful out there K.D.

Backlash

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886447 02/14/21 01:10 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Conditions are only going to get worst the next three days. Good time to stay home if you can! If not be very careful. It is usually the other person you need to worry about. eeks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886490 02/14/21 01:44 AM
C
Chuck72 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted by SlabWhisperer
Just heard from my wife who's traveling from Miami. OK. to Dallas.. Just went through Atoka, and said the roads have been clear and dry the whole way. Glad she was able to get back today, otherwise may have had to spend another week up there.
Y'all be safe...

I grew up in Miami, Commerce to be exact. My mom still lives there. Glad the roads were clear for your wife. My mom says they are expecting around 6” tonight.

-----------�----------------------------------------
2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886497 02/14/21 01:52 AM
K
Kentucky Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
K
Y'all be safe...

Stupid weather. My daughter lives in Bixby and Atoka is our half way rest stop. Today is her birthday and we were going to run up and see her (and the grandkids) and come back Monday.

Stay safe everyone. Make good decisions . Think about WWNBD, What would Nick byrd DO ?

Last edited by Kentucky; 02/14/21 01:53 AM.
Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: Chuck72] #13886498 02/14/21 01:54 AM
S
SlabWhisperer Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
PM sent...

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: Chuck72] #13886538 02/14/21 02:27 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Chuck72
Y'all be safe...

I grew up in Miami, Commerce to be exact. My mom still lives there. Glad the roads were clear for your wife. My mom says they are expecting around 6” tonight.

I had a buddy that was a Division Manager for Hershey Chocolate doing a ride along with a newbie sales rep in Oklahoma. Told me they got to their next sales call (a grocery store in Miami) and the rep went inside. My buddy had to get on the pay phone outside. They split up and not 5 minutes later the rep comes walking up to my buddy...all wide eyed and in shock, like he’d seen a ghost.

The kid was stammering but proceeded to tell my buddy that he walked inside just as an armed robbery was being attempted. Apparently the store manager overpowered the perp and was now holding him on the ground with a shotgun to his head waiting for the cops to show up.

My buddy said when the kid finished telling the story, without hesitating he asked the kid, “Did you get the order?” The kid looked at him like he was nuts. My buddy told the kid, “We aren’t driving all the way out here and leaving without an order.” He made the kid go back in and get the sale completed. roflmao

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: K.D.] #13886547 02/14/21 02:30 AM
R
racing75 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by K.D.
I left San Marcus at 4am headed for Seagoville. I made it two miles and watched a UPS tandem jack knife on the overpass. I get another mile and a pick up spins 180 degrees and his headlights are now facing me. As I go to change lanes I got the ride of my life in an 18 wheeler. How I kept it straight can only be because I was creeping at about 35 over the bridge. Another mile and the police have flares out and are sending us all to the service road. As I passed the cop said they already have 5 wrecks over the next 3 or 4 miles.

At that point I planned to park it. By the time I get the 10 miles to a truck stop we are back on the highway and moving at about 45. Drove like that to Waco. More icy bridges and wrecks there and then Hillsboro was slick as well. Saw 3 trucks either jack knifed or off the road.

I made it to Seagoville and swapped loads. Now I’m in Monroe LA headed for Ga. I tried to go as Far East as I could before I ran out of time for the day. Let’s see what it looks like at 4am tomorrow. I’m skeptical so far.

Safe travels. Hopefully you’ll miss the bad stuff.

Men are like fish...If we'd learn to keep our mouth shut, we'd stay out of trouble.
Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: SlabWhisperer] #13886563 02/14/21 02:46 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Bledsoes diner in atoka is the bomb.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13886752 02/14/21 12:26 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Bledsoes diner in atoka is the bomb.

It was packed yesterday when we drove through. I've always threatened to stop there, but have never yet. We are one of those kinds. Haven't been to a sit down restaurant since March of last year. We are still supporting the industry as much as we can by taking out, but I will stop in and eat at Bledsoe's sometime in the near future.

Re: Oklahoma road conditions [Re: Sawhorse] #13886756 02/14/21 12:29 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Chuck72
Y'all be safe...

I had a buddy that was a Division Manager for Hershey Chocolate doing a ride along with a newbie sales rep in Oklahoma. Told me they got to their next sales call (a grocery store in Miami) and the rep went inside. My buddy had to get on the pay phone outside. They split up and not 5 minutes later the rep comes walking up to my buddy...all wide eyed and in shock, like he’d seen a ghost.

The kid was stammering but proceeded to tell my buddy that he walked inside just as an armed robbery was being attempted. Apparently the store manager overpowered the perp and was now holding him on the ground with a shotgun to his head waiting for the cops to show up.

My buddy said when the kid finished telling the story, without hesitating he asked the kid, “Did you get the order?” The kid looked at him like he was nuts. My buddy told the kid, “We aren’t driving all the way out here and leaving without an order.” He made the kid go back in and get the sale completed. roflmao

Wow! Gotta watch those folks in Miami. They've all grown crazy with smellin' that stinch they call a mushroom farm out by the turnpike. blush

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide