texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,757
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow #13865103 01/28/21 09:36 PM
Tom Redington Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I've dealt with several bouts of fishing elbow. Unlike a lot of injuries, rest doesn’t fix it in my experience. And if you push through it, you risk needing surgery. This is what works for me. I’ve done a lot of research and tried many fixes. I'm no doctor, but in my experience, these 4 exercises help eliminate the problem in a few weeks if you stick to the routine. If you're dealing with fishing elbow pain, might give these a try...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865221 01/28/21 11:03 PM
M
markson Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
M
Here is what worked for me and it was a lot quicker than exercises (ymmv):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csb91xr0x00&ab_channel=Bob%26Brad

I had a bad case about a year ago and used this method for a quick solution, albeit fairly painful. I found that the damage was not in the elbow but it was in one of the upper forearm muscles on top of my arm. Since it was buried under the surface muscles I kneaded it like they show in the video until the muscle popped up from below and looked like a golf ball under my skin. Then I pressed HARD on it until I could not stand the pain anymore and repeated the process multiple times daily for a couple of days with complete success.

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: markson] #13865252 01/28/21 11:22 PM
B
Bad93ex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by markson
Here is what worked for me and it was a lot quicker than exercises (ymmv):

Been dealing with elbow pain for a few months now and that video made it feel instantly better.

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865255 01/28/21 11:24 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
This matches very closely to what I've seen from physical trainers' recommendations on this subject. Thanks for sharing, Tom.

Scott Jones
Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865289 01/28/21 11:47 PM
D
Delvec Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Tenex Procedure:
Find a Dr that does this procedure and in a very short recovery time that elbow won't bug you a bit. I cut meat 40 years and fished a 100 days a year, haven't had any pain in 10 years since I had it done. The Doc I used Bradford Bellard with Texas Sports Medicine, on the Team of Dr's that handles the Mavericks.

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865393 01/29/21 01:05 AM
MBF Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Theraband flexbar on Amazon worked for me in a few weeks. I got a green one
https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Te...a1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865555 01/29/21 03:07 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
PRP worked for me. I was at the surgery stage 9 years ago and gave it a go. Very painful procedure but a week later amazing and a month later cured!

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865601 01/29/21 03:40 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
10 years ago , I had pain so bad in my elbow , if I had a bass nail a spinnerbait , it was like shooting me in the elbow . I tried everything , ART , acupuncture , PT , deep tissue , --- nothing worked .
Eventually , I decided for a long term approach and totally changed my diet ---- all in a effort to reduce my inflammation. Ten years later , I have zero pain in my elbow , shoulder or knee's . Never have to take any ibuprofen or tylenol for any of them .
Not an easy thing to change , but WAY worth it .

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865618 01/29/21 04:00 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I had Both elbows operated on last month.

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865906 01/29/21 02:11 PM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Fishing long days in a row will bring out the pain in many of us. Being an old Coach I use the same exercises as Mr. Redington; but they are 10 second Pressure Isometrics for each exercise. No equipment needed and can be done several times during the day whenever you have 3 minutes to do them. The key with exercise
is the preparation for your sporting event so pain does not set in during the event. Exercise is a preventive measure for the most stressed muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments that you will be using during your event. Like all preventive measures these exercises should be done daily before, during and after your fishing events. So, those that fish every chance you get should do these Isometrics daily and several times per day.
- Words makes it very difficult to explain all the exercises; there are 12 Isometrics.
- I can show them to anyone that wants to learn them.
- I will have to work on a short 3 minute Video of the exercises to share with you.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Donald Harper] #13865926 01/29/21 02:25 PM
L
Les Ems Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I had it so bad in my right elbow 15 years ago for a year that I could not even pick up a reel, let alone cast it without major pain. Even with the pressure point wrap across the muscle below the elbow. I went to a Taiwanese acupuncturist, who trained for 6 years in Asia. After 3 or 4 visits I was pain free and have been every since then. Had it a few years ago, in the left elbow, when I was building our last house out of 7 houses we built. Had 2 injections in it, cortisone and it cleared up also.

Maverick Pro Guide Service
201 Stratos w/225 Etec HO
Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13865968 01/29/21 02:54 PM
S
Shaky Horn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
If you haven’t bought a Thera-Gun or something similar, do yourself a favor.

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: 1oldbassguy] #13866016 01/29/21 03:22 PM
D
DarrellSimpson Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
10 years ago , I had pain so bad in my elbow , if I had a bass nail a spinnerbait , it was like shooting me in the elbow . I tried everything , ART , acupuncture , PT , deep tissue , --- nothing worked .
Eventually , I decided for a long term approach and totally changed my diet ---- all in a effort to reduce my inflammation. Ten years later , I have zero pain in my elbow , shoulder or knee's . Never have to take any ibuprofen or tylenol for any of them .

What did you use for a guide regarding the diet change . I have been looking but there are many different opinions . Thanks .

Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: Tom Redington] #13866048 01/29/21 03:42 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I had two procedures done on both elbows, endoscopic cubital tunnel release, and medial elbow tenotomy.

NONE of the above stuff was or is going to fix it if your to the point I was.

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/bones-joints-and-muscles/elbow-tenotomy

What is elbow tenotomy?
Elbow tenotomy is surgery to treat tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) and golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis). Both conditions result from overuse of the elbow and cause elbow pain and tenderness. With repeated stress, the elbow tendons can develop micro-tears and eventually form scar tissue in an attempt to protect the tendon. Elbow tenotomy involves trimming damaged or scarred tendon tissue. It can restore pain-free range of motion and elbow function.

[b]I had a ton of scar tissue all the way around both tendons
after surgery my dr said I must have been in a ton of pain. It was enough that I was fishing primarily w spinning rods and fished much much much less this year after my steroid shot I got end of Jan right before I went south wore off.

Ive also had carpal tunnel surgery on both arms and had a small bone on my wrist removed that was making it so I couldnt open a simple twist door knob. My arm pain would switch from one arm being the worst to the other so I would find I could not steer my truck with one hand or the other.

Im 49 years old. Ive used my arms siping race tires, cutting grinding building about 100 race car cages etc full time since I quit my day job in 2007, then I cut back on all that in 2016 (retired from racing, car building) and took up fishing again and it wasnt much of a break for my arms I guess. Retired life is hard when your young and going going going.

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 01/29/21 03:45 PM.
Re: Cure for Fishing Elbow Pain/Tennis Elbow [Re: DarrellSimpson] #13866184 01/29/21 04:50 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

What did you use for a guide regarding the diet change . I have been looking but there are many different opinions . Thanks .

I didn't have a guide , I just started doing tons of research . I was really tired of my doctors wanting to either do surgery or prescribe meds .Luckily , I ran into a lady that owned a health food store . When I described the level of my joint pain and constant sinus head aches --- she asked me about what foods I ate --- after I told her -- she laughed at me and said there was no way I could ever be healthy --- and my diet was good compared to most .
. Sugars , chemicals and dairy are a big problem -- create a lot in inflammation . Detoxing your liver and rebuilding your gut track are key to a strong immune system . My adult son , came down with Alopecia areata several years ago . Dr's just wanted to jack him up on all types of steroids , that made it worse . I put him on a program to rebuild his gut track , detox his liver. All his hair grew back and he feels way better . If you have any questions , feel free to send me a PM --Robb

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide