Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13857773 01/23/21 03:41 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
if MLF hadn't stepped up and bought FLW,it would have gone into bankruptcy and there would have been no All American or FLW championship....all those entry fees and expenses incurred by the FLW fishermen to qualify would have been wasted and that $100,000. would have have been peanuts in comparison...
you can nitpick,piss and moan all you want but the reality is that 94% of the top ranked and most recognizable fishermen are still with MLF,they have 800 hours of TV time booked as #1 rated outdoor show.....and....they share the TV,Venue and exhibitor/advertiser revenue....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13857791 01/23/21 03:50 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Dubee
Well so far, Big O has been correct on more issues than Dubee. Look at the number of guys that left already, some with no backup plan. Guys aren’t leaving because it’s great over there.

It's funny that the handful of guys saying big o is well spoken and provides proof. Are the same guys that have always hated BPT. He said Redcrest was cancelled and the owners kept the money. Wrong. It is next month. He said the owners kept all the money for the cancelled BPT tournaments. Wrong. They let the BPT anglers fish the last 3 FLW tournaments and added over 1.5 million to the prize money. He has claimed many times MLF has lost "massive" amounts of sponsors due to how shady they are. Then when asked to list this massive amount of sponsors that left. He says he doesn't know but Boyd said they lost sponsors due to covid. Anyone can take all of his claims and prove them wrong. The only was on here that keep saying he is well spoken and provides proof are the guys that have hated BPT since it was formed. And Dan, no I'm not on their payroll. I have zero stake in it. It wouldn't affect me one bit if the went out of business tomorrow

I don’t like Duckett and what he stands for, I don’t think anglers deserve to be paid to fish, if they don’t win. Nobody is forcing them to fish and it’s obvious that most don’t make the number of sales that they think they do.

If I told you that I was giving you a bonus check in 2019 and you didn’t get it, how does that benefit you? So again, unless they have 2 Redcrest in 2020, that money disappeared.

Grout - the ones who are in constant defense of MLF never do their own homework to back up and support their disagreement with what’s said by someone else... have you noticed that. But as soon as support is provided to support one of my claims it’s dismissed and turned into a semantics battle. I am still waiting on one of them to address the 2020 FLW Pro AOY and the missing $100k... I am not holding my breath.

I haven't looked at the aoy payout so I'm obviously not going to dispute. But if MLF bought FLW and changed the payout. I wouldn't exactly call that money missing. I would say that the new business owners changed the bonus structure

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: beartrap] #13857811 01/23/21 04:06 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
if MLF hadn't stepped up and bought FLW,it would have gone into bankruptcy and there would have been no All American or FLW championship....all those entry fees and expenses incurred by the FLW fishermen to qualify would have been wasted and that $100,000. would have have been peanuts in comparison...
you can nitpick,piss and moan all you want but the reality is that 94% of the top ranked and most recognizable fishermen are still with MLF,they have 800 hours of TV time booked as #1 rated outdoor show.....and....they share the TV,Venue and exhibitor/advertiser revenue....

That’s interesting - the Jacobs estate never filed bankruptcy and as a matter of fact is still in probate, where a partial of land adjacent to their homestead was just sold for a little under $2 million.

Just where would those 94% go? You really need to think that kind of thing through before you post such a statement. They are stuck, and now, stuck paying entry fees, just like the circuits they left. Truth is, A dozen or so of them would not be welcomed back to BASS under any circumstances, and the remainder would have to try and requalify for the Elites via the Opens. - again, you’re shouting the same nonsense into an echo chamber, that’s why you’re continuing to only hear back what you want to hear. You can continue to recount the votes until the cows come home, it’s not going to change the outcome.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13857902 01/23/21 05:06 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The definition of purse snatching is theft. It’s literally a type of theft. All of the sudden, you’re using rational thoughts and discussions. I’m all for it. Keep it up. The forum and your posts will be better off.

You all will twist yourselves into pretzels to avoid talking about what happened to the 2020 FLW Pro AOY purse that has been historically $100k. I’ve asked multiple times now and not one of you have an explanation for that... whatever you want to call it. At beginning of 2020 MLF distributed its talking points to all the water boys and they ran with the narrative of how MLF was making things better, lowering entry fees and increasing payouts in the FLW circuits, and under the FLW Pro AOY rules for 2020 it stated the payout was “TBD”... no one for a minute thought that was going to mean a reduction of $100k considering the overall narrative the water boys were disseminating on behalf of MLF. When B.Duckett was cornered with the question in an interview on BTL late last year, he seemed annoyed at the question and then blamed the angler commission for the payout reduction while avoiding the most pressing question of “when were the anglers actually informed” they were fishing for significantly reduced purse.... again, I find it humorous that no one has a legit argument that also supports the over riding MLF narrative of growing the sport and better for the anglers, yadda, yadda, yadda...

My statement above was in reference to you saying you never called them thieves or said they stole something. I was pointing out that’s false because you started a thread calling them purse snatchers.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13858192 01/23/21 08:58 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
People keep referring that 5 anglers have left BPT. The number is 7. Ike and Powroznik left as well.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13858202 01/23/21 09:04 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
So someone please explain the missing purse that is keeps getting brought up because they moved Redcrest. There have been 2 BPT seasons correct? There has been 1 Redcrest? Will there be another Redcrest before the 2021 BPT season starts? If so, I am not clear on how the purse is missing.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SAKS] #13858222 01/23/21 09:21 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SAKS
So someone please explain the missing purse that is keeps getting brought up because they moved Redcrest. There have been 2 BPT seasons correct? There has been 1 Redcrest? Will there be another Redcrest before the 2021 BPT season starts? If so, I am not clear on how the purse is missing.

Yes it is in February. It is for the 2020 qualifiers. Their is no missing purse money

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SAKS] #13858256 01/23/21 09:48 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Pro Andrew Upshaw has a Youtube video explaining his side of purse snatching.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Mark Perry] #13858297 01/23/21 10:38 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
People keep referring that 5 anglers have left BPT. The number is 7. Ike and Powroznik left as well.

Not to leave without mention MLF’s actions also led to a mass exodus of the FLW Pro top ranks; It was most of the top 10 and then some. I call those guys the smart money gang. The only ones who remained were Dudley and Thrift which got picked up by BPT when Gerald and Brandon paid the get out of jail fees. Oh, and John Cox, but he doesn’t count because he’s a tournament fishing phnom that will fish any circuit and tournament that he has a chance to win $10k or above in, per event.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grout-scout] #13858385 01/23/21 11:51 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
So are there 2 Redcrest in 2020? If not, theft of money to the anglers makes sense to me too.

So there was a 2019 and maybe a 2021... Seems if you count they're missing a year... 2019, ...., 2021... Hmmmmmm... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SAKS] #13858387 01/23/21 11:52 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
So someone please explain the missing purse that is keeps getting brought up

The only purse in this thread I can recognize with a great deal of certainty is the proverbial BASS coin purse, which someone just can’t seem to keep their tongue off of.

weber
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Jimfishes] #13858424 01/24/21 12:21 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Jimfishes

Unless he has more than one video I have seen that one. He is one that you can say was slighted when BPT acquired FLW. He has a good argument also I think. I specifically want to know how people feel that just because they moved the Redcrest to a later date (that just happened to extend into the next year) somehow that purse disappeared. Even though it was postponed 4-5 months it will still be fished prior to any tournament that starts the 2021 season.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: beartrap] #13858435 01/24/21 12:29 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by beartrap

Hey don't spoil a thread with facts... grin

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13858440 01/24/21 12:33 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Not to leave without mention MLF’s actions also led to a mass exodus of the FLW Pro top ranks; It was most of the top 10 and then some. I call those guys the smart money gang. The only ones who remained were Dudley and Thrift which got picked up by BPT when Gerald and Brandon paid the get out of jail fees. Oh, and John Cox, but he doesn’t count because he’s a tournament fishing phnom that will fish any circuit and tournament that he has a chance to win $10k or above in, per event.

Actions? Its a tournament series, people come and go from all of them for a variety of reasons.... and to call them the "smart money gang"??? not a whole lot of smart money fishing tourneys.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SAKS] #13858442 01/24/21 12:35 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jimfishes

Unless he has more than one video I have seen that one. He is one that you can say was slighted when BPT acquired FLW. He has a good argument also I think. I specifically want to know how people feel that just because they moved the Redcrest to a later date (that just happened to extend into the next year) somehow that purse disappeared. Even though it was postponed 4-5 months it will still be fished prior to any tournament that starts the 2021 season.

I think the “purse snatching “ is still in the prediction phase. Big O is predicting that the moving(delaying) of a championship into the following year, makes it easy to forget that the current year will likely be moved now too. And so on, until it is convenient to “skip” a year. Then the purse fades away. With less notice of it missing. Basically. MLF would fall behind a year and use the “extra years” money it has held to pad pockets.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide