Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13856924 01/22/21 09:16 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Once again your choice is simple. Follow it or don't. Frankly I could care less about your argument or those arguments that oppose you. I do agree with Duck Hunter and to tell me who I should or should not agree with is just unjustified arrogance. You shouting from the mountain top isn't changing a thing (at least here). I am going to keep watching MLF/BPT just like I am going to also watch BASS. So let me ask, as you referenced above, are you an outside observer or an insider in the industry? Now questionable and unethical practices are as subjective as the Ford/Chevy debate. It's going to be relative to how an individual perceives it or how it affects/affected said individuals. Lot of unnecessary concern for those that drive a Dodge or Toyota. So which are you? A Ford/Chevy guy or just a Dodge/Toyota guy injecting his opinion?
Dubee this was in response to Big O. Not you.

I don’t tell anyone who or what to follow or watch, I just bring to light for discussion observations I have of MLF that perhaps will give someone something to think about and research themselves if they are contemplating getting involved with them in some capacity. My perspective as being an outside observer or industry insider is irrelevant, but I think both see and question the same types of things I’ve questioned and opined on. And you are correct, the perspective and view point of anyone regarding this is subjective. It seems not may people understand that, but I do. That’s why you won’t see me personally bash or insult them directly for having their own perspective. I will just try to counter it with information. To address one of the questions above, I don’t have a list detailing the departures of sponsors... perhaps MJ can help you with that, as that’s in his wheel house... but I took Boyd Duckett at his word in a recent article when he used that (loss of sponsorship because of COVID) as an excuse to introduce entry-fees into the 2021 BPT. As far as what BASS will do with the money they receive for signing that massive multi-year live TV and media contract; I would hope the anglers become a beneficiary of some of it, but they also should use it to expand and improve their existing infrastructure to support more circuits and affiliations with the BASS brand. Perhaps they will form a union of sorts with JM and his new venture on the west coast and be part of that as an expansion to BASS. Word is, not all will be lost for MLF when that comes to life - rumor is their new tour could be prominently named MPGT and those who remain loyal to the MLF kook-aid will get 1 complimentary bedding set for each event, delivered directly to the anglers airb&b abode.

Now the part of the post that applies to me in this I can totally get on board with. The way it's written and worded makes it a discussion. I do think your being an outsider vs insider is relevant but only in how serious you expect people to take your opinions. If your a bona fide insider you will be taken seriously but if your an outsider they view you as a raving lunatic. Either way it's all good. Hell you may be right for all I know. I am still going to watch though.

Bonafide insider matters if he continues to refuse to disclose his credentials/affiliation. If he isn’t an insider, then he is making statements that appear t be based on inside information without actually having inside information and is just a troll. His entire purpose in signing up for a TFF account has been to disparage MLF, but his handle refers to a lake in Florida.

If he just makes arguments because he hates it and disagrees, fine. But that’s not how his entire post history has come off. He signed up to bash MLF and that’s it. He claims to know inside things, or alludes to knowing inside things, and then calls MLF thieves and liars and more. It’s too late for him to disclose his affiliation with BASS or a BASS angler or the FLW before it was purchased because of the way he has carried himself since he joined TFF. Whatever reputation he has in the industry would be ruined. Yet he continues to disparage MLF with ridiculous claims, falsehoods, misrepresented fact, half truths under a fake name. It’s either someone affiliated with BASS/old FLW/the industry in some way, or the biggest BASS fan on the planet. I’m guessing it’s the former. Especially if you look at his early posts about MLF stealing money.

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13857014 01/22/21 11:02 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

The growth in boat and tackle industries last year was 100% due to Covid. As you said, no one was allowed to do much besides be outside. At the same time, Covid put immense pressure on all businesses, especially new ones, and wreaked havoc on professional sports, especially ones where you have at least two dudes in a boat. Cities, counties and states were all in various state of lockdown. I recall you saying that wasn’t the issue with MLF last year and it was just an excuse for them to steal more money from people - which you’re continuing to do here now. Using last year to say MLF stole money by cancelling Redcrest without addressing the reason for it, playing the same about all of the other cancellations, including the expo, which you beat your drums incessantly about, is Jonathan taking into account the effect on a startup business in an extreme down cycle economy. You may be happy they suffered because you hate it, but you should still understand that a younger organization is going to suffer more than the only game in town for 50 years, all else being equal.

The “recently announced multi-year 7 figure media contract” was definitely influenced by MLF having however many 100s of hours of coverage across several different channels.

I’m sure one of the selling points to anglers was the TV coverage MLF has, since social media and TV coverage like that are the best and easiest ways to make money for anglers (and you don’t even have to be a pro; non-pro you tubers are killing it with their fishing channels). And MLF anglers being able to tell their sponsors they’re going to be on hundreds of hours of TV is appealing, but I don’t know the financials behind that or who sponsors who. But, how can you say MLF isn’t growing the sport when BASS could’ve had a similar deal to the one they recently signed when they were the biggest and oldest tournament trail in the industry but TV coverage wasn’t at all what were seeing now? It was in response to MLF having hundreds of hours of coverage across multiple networks, including CBS, and the selling point to Fox Sports was, I’m sure, “you’re competitor has 800 hours of fishing, let’s make a deal.” MLF grew the sport that way, and you’re trying to give BASS credit for growing the industry and sport by signing a 7 year deal in response? Co
me
on.

What I actually meant by “growing the sport” in addition to the TV coverage, is MLF made a product that’s way more TV friendly and also changed the tournament format that oftentimes results in incredibly intriguing TV, even for a sport like bass fishing. There are cameras on multiple guys for the last several minutes, all within a few ounces of each other, jockeying to make a cut, make a bigger check or win.

I like the five best format too, but adding live drama to the finish is appealing to way more people watching on TV or streaming. It’s much more exciting that watching a weigh in an hour after lines out. Allowing anglers to know in real time where they stand to the ounce adds intrigue and drama like other, way more popular sports. That’s how the MLF format has grown the sport. It appeals more to fans of stick and ball sports. If anyone has a casual interest in fishing, but doesn’t care enough to watch it on TV, having a format with more drama and last-second theatrics without having to wait to see who wins is appealing.

They can coexist without a doubt, but you’re not taking any of this into account. It’s just blind hate, cherry-picking facts, misconstruing facts, and more.

Come on man... for how many years was BASS owned by ESPN? And before that they were a huge TV thing for years and a many related and successful fishing shows were born and spun off as a result of the “BASS - Big stage, Big Fish” brand. Roland Martin, Hank Parker, the king Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, etc... all of those guys media exposure and success in subsequent TV markets is directly related to BASS... MLF - they are only really known for trying to create a second rate reality TV show based on what Ray Scott did with the concept of old BASS and the secret destinations equal boats, etc... sure, their format is different, but it’s been criticized more than praised. The Fox Sports deal had nothing whatsoever to do with MLF and certainly wasn’t influenced by MLF’s rerun coverage on sub par back channels owned by the same entity as MLF itself. Sure, I’ll give you the coverage of BASS degraded while under the ownership of ESPN, but it has never went away and BASS themselves weren’t in control of the TV coverage... ESPN was. So, come on man... cherry picking and revisionist history - me?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13857096 01/23/21 12:24 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I don’t tell anyone who or what to follow or watch, I just bring to light for discussion observations I have of MLF that perhaps will give someone something to think about and research themselves if they are contemplating getting involved with them in some capacity. My perspective as being an outside observer or industry insider is irrelevant, but I think both see and question the same types of things I’ve questioned and opined on. And you are correct, the perspective and view point of anyone regarding this is subjective. It seems not may people understand that, but I do. That’s why you won’t see me personally bash or insult them directly for having their own perspective. I will just try to counter it with information. To address one of the questions above, I don’t have a list detailing the departures of sponsors... perhaps MJ can help you with that, as that’s in his wheel house... but I took Boyd Duckett at his word in a recent article when he used that (loss of sponsorship because of COVID) as an excuse to introduce entry-fees into the 2021 BPT. As far as what BASS will do with the money they receive for signing that massive multi-year live TV and media contract; I would hope the anglers become a beneficiary of some of it, but they also should use it to expand and improve their existing infrastructure to support more circuits and affiliations with the BASS brand. Perhaps they will form a union of sorts with JM and his new venture on the west coast and be part of that as an expansion to BASS. Word is, not all will be lost for MLF when that comes to life - rumor is their new tour could be prominently named MPGT and those who remain loyal to the MLF kook-aid will get 1 complimentary bedding set for each event, delivered directly to the anglers airb&b abode.

Now the part of the post that applies to me in this I can totally get on board with. The way it's written and worded makes it a discussion. I do think your being an outsider vs insider is relevant but only in how serious you expect people to take your opinions. If your a bona fide insider you will be taken seriously but if your an outsider they view you as a raving lunatic. Either way it's all good. Hell you may be right for all I know. I am still going to watch though.

Bonafide insider matters if he continues to refuse to disclose his credentials/affiliation. If he isn’t an insider, then he is making statements that appear t be based on inside information without actually having inside information and is just a troll. His entire purpose in signing up for a TFF account has been to disparage MLF, but his handle refers to a lake in Florida.

If he just makes arguments because he hates it and disagrees, fine. But that’s not how his entire post history has come off. He signed up to bash MLF and that’s it. He claims to know inside things, or alludes to knowing inside things, and then calls MLF thieves and liars and more. It’s too late for him to disclose his affiliation with BASS or a BASS angler or the FLW before it was purchased because of the way he has carried himself since he joined TFF. Whatever reputation he has in the industry would be ruined. Yet he continues to disparage MLF with ridiculous claims, falsehoods, misrepresented fact, half truths under a fake name. It’s either someone affiliated with BASS/old FLW/the industry in some way, or the biggest BASS fan on the planet. I’m guessing it’s the former. Especially if you look at his early posts about MLF stealing mon
ey.

Did I join TFF to bash MLF exclusively, no... did I join TFF to discuss MLF, yes... when I joined there was an ongoing MLF discussion and it seemed logical since it’s a tournament fishing type discussion site and the Florida dedicated side seemed dead at the time and nothing else really exists. I will reiterate that being an industry insider or just an astute observer from the outside is irrelevant, and anything I’ve ever commented on or put forward has already been publicly disclosed or discussed, and or speculated out loud about. Am I a fan of the BASS tournament fishing scene, yes and have been since I was a young boy. You don’t have to be an insider of the industry to hear anecdotal stories about how MLF has conducted themselves behind the scenes with sponsors or anglers, because it’s been talked about somewhere, on someone’s YouTube channel, social media account, etc... and it’s typically widespread, not just here on TFF where I may bring it to light for discussion and debate. Further, I have never come out and said they’ve stolen money. Have I used terms like snatch purse, etc... yes, because I truly believe that’s what they have done. Some argue it’s business, some argue it’s their right to do what they want... my argument is their whole platform has been to make the industry bigger and better for the anglers, yet there has been example after example of them doing things that are completely contradictory to their mission statement.

Let’s start at beginning and formation of BPT - that was a high pressure tactical maneuver that was executed by a dozen or so disgruntled BASS insiders. There is no doubt in my mind there was a huge carrot dangled in front of those who they were trying to influence, and that was the “no-entry-fees” big show. Well, here we are just 2 short years in and look at how that has worked out for them. It wasn’t but a short time after their first season that they acquired FLW after failing to acquire BASS 3x. The first order of business for MLF once the sale of FLW to them was announced was to arbitrarily cancel the FW Cup. All the arguments for MLF are based on it being their right to do so, and the unsubstantiated claims FLW was headed for bankruptcy and MLF saved them. A contested estate battle, yes... bankruptcy, no. That action alone set the ever lasting tone and there is hardly no one standing up for all the anglers who got cheated out of a huge purse of money that they believed was going to be available to them to fish for. Contrarily, there sure is a many (on TFF) that are defending MLF... question is, just how was that beneficial to the sport and the anglers of? Next was the revelation of another underhanded move by MLF - the Bass Federation kid who won the “live the dream” package. It took a major social media blast by the kid and the Federation to get MLF to just honor the long established commitment that FLW made... MLF was originally telling them to go pound sand, just like the anglers who got cheated out of the FW Cup. Keep in mind, the two primary stakeholders in MLF are multi-billionaires, and yes, that matters if they don’t want to look hypocritical to their mission statement of growing the sport and being better for the anglers. and all that happened prior to 2020 season start. i wont rehash it again, but much, much of the same has happened during the 2020 season, and from my perspective no one here on TFF (accept me) is holding MLF's feet to the fire about doing whats right for growing the sport and the betterment for the anglers... no matter how you slice it, thats a lot of purse money that was originally slated to go to anglers was taken away... have i called it snatched off the angler table, yes because it seemingly was... but the word stolen didn't come or originate from me. Where did that money go that it helped grow the sport and make things better for the anglers? Thats the question... do you have the answer? start with 2020 FLW Pro AOY award that was reduced by $100k from historically what’s been paid out using the term “TBD” in the posted rules. Being good for the industry and the anglers is subjective, and it’s not just me who recognizes what’s happened...

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13857173 01/23/21 01:08 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Dubee
Josh Seale, see what I mean. He is still trying to say the Redcrest was cancelled and the money stolen. A monkey could understand that the Redcrest happening in a few weeks is for the 2020 season. The fact that they decided to have it in the spring instead of the fall is irrelevant. Just like the classic in June of this year is for the 2020 season

Ok, so they had a 2019 and moved the 2020 event to 2021... So will they have an additional 2021 Redcrap???... If no, they've canceled a RedCrap... Take your pick it's either the 2020 or 2021 event that didn't happen... So where did the money go???... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dan21XRS] #13857227 01/23/21 01:41 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Josh Seale, see what I mean. He is still trying to say the Redcrest was cancelled and the money stolen. A monkey could understand that the Redcrest happening in a few weeks is for the 2020 season. The fact that they decided to have it in the spring instead of the fall is irrelevant. Just like the classic in June of this year is for the 2020 season

Ok, so they had a 2019 and moved the 2020 event to 2021... So will they have an additional 2021 Redcrap???... If no, they've canceled a RedCrap... Take your pick it's either the 2020 or 2021 event that didn't happen... So where did the money go???... Dan

Hopefully you are joking. I bet even big o understands but just keeps harping on it. The money didn't go anywhere. It will be going to the anglers when they have the tournament next month. All they did was move from fall to spring. Just like the Classic did years ago. It's still the championship for the 2020 season. Just because it's after Jan 1 means nothing

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13857317 01/23/21 02:40 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

Hopefully you are joking. I bet even big o understands but just keeps harping on it. The money didn't go anywhere. It will be going to the anglers when they have the tournament next month. All they did was move from fall to spring. Just like the Classic did years ago. It's still the championship for the 2020 season. Just because it's after Jan 1 means nothing

So, if the 2019 was staged in 2019 and the 2020 was moved to 2021, there wasn't an big event in 2020, right??? It's pretty easy to say the "moved" it, but in reality they canceled it... Now, if they double the money for the scheduled 2021 event no harm no foul... But if it's the same payout somebody got a big bonus and it wasn't the fishermen... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13857318 01/23/21 02:40 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L

You forgot the part about Duckett being one of the head cult leaders of satanic cannibolistic pedophiles that's running an underground child sex trafficing operation.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dan21XRS] #13857319 01/23/21 02:41 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

So, if the 2019 was staged in 2019 and the 2020 was moved to 2021, there wasn't an big event in 2020, right??? It's pretty easy to say the "moved" it, but in reality they canceled it... Now, if they double the money for the scheduled 2021 event no harm no foul... But if it's the same payout somebody got a big bonus and it wasn't the fishermen... Dan

Lmao.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13857324 01/23/21 02:45 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Sounds like a shell game.

If they keep moving back the dates, eventually they will lose a championship tourney.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13857344 01/23/21 02:57 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Sounds like a shell game.

If they keep moving back the dates, eventually they will lose a championship tourney.

roflmao

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13857355 01/23/21 03:04 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Lmao.

You have to be on the MLFLW/ BPsT/ Huge 5 payroll... I hope you don't work on commission... Dan

Lou Holtz
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13857372 01/23/21 03:12 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
So are there 2 Redcrest in 2020? If not, theft of money to the anglers makes sense to me too.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13857462 01/23/21 04:58 AM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
I’m with Big O. Even if his claims are “false”. His arguments are well thought out and typed and not one person on here has offered a viable argument against what he is saying aside from “false claims” and “you’re an idiot”. Much of what he said has been publicly stated by other anglers. G-man, Palanuik, Christie, Atkins, Hackney, and others didn’t just leave for no reason. Some of you better hope Big O isn’t right because that is a ton of crow to snack on.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13857479 01/23/21 05:11 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Unless they have 2 redcrest championships this calendar year, 2020 will go down as cancelled.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: J.H.S.] #13857511 01/23/21 06:56 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
I’m with Big O. Even if his claims are “false”. His arguments are well thought out and typed and not one person on here has offered a viable argument against what he is saying aside from “false claims” and “you’re an idiot”. Much of what he said has been publicly stated by other anglers. G-man, Palanuik, Christie, Atkins, Hackney, and others didn’t just leave for no reason. Some of you better hope Big O isn’t right because that is a ton of crow to snack on.

Well thought out?

You don’t have to prove a false statement wrong. That’s not how debates work. You make a statement backed up with facts. You don’t get to make absurd statements and then tell people to look up the accuracy of your statement to prove you right. He’s known for making statements that are either inside info or indisputable because they’re false. He doesn’t back up his statements. That’s the issue. It’s either complete BS or it’s insider info from someone who won’t disclose his source or relation to the issue. If he’s right, fine, but it’s too late for him to reveal himself because he’s burned too many bridges if he is somehow related to FLW or BASS. If he’s not related to those entities and he’s just torching MLF because he’s a BASS super fan, then he is misrepresenting facts, making things up, completely wrong on some things, and is a troll. This is beyond someone disagreeing with a rival tour.

“Even if his claims are false.” When he purports to present facts, they don’t even make sense, like when he says the Redcrest was cancelled and money was stolen. Either he has inside info, or he’s just trolling. I don’t know how else to say it.

Come on, Josh.

[Linked Image]
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide