Print Thread
Waxahachie 1-20-21 #13854581 01/21/21 09:14 AM
R
RODS454 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Went to Waxahachie for a couple of hours to just get out of the house. Found fish on brush and timber but could get no takers. The last structure I fished was in 22’ of water and had a school of sandbass running in and out and I ended up catching 6 of them . It started raining a little harder and it was time to go. Water temp was 47 degrees and there was very light wind, with overcast skies and light rain.
The day wasn’t a total bust as I finally got to meet a man I’ve had many correspondences with here on TFF.
Horace AKA “Fishbonz”
Horace it was a real pleasure finally meeting you. Thank you again for all the info and help you’ve provided me over the years. Blessings to you and tight lines my friend!

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: RODS454] #13854612 01/21/21 11:14 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: RODS454] #13854695 01/21/21 01:10 PM
P
pop r Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
With all said that may a great day you two! cheers

Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: RODS454] #13855733 01/21/21 11:53 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by RODS454
Went to Waxahachie for a couple of hours to just get out of the house. Found fish on brush and timber but could get no takers. The last structure I fished was in 22’ of water and had a school of sandbass running in and out and I ended up catching 6 of them . It started raining a little harder and it was time to go. Water temp was 47 degrees and there was very light wind, with overcast skies and light rain.
The day wasn’t a total bust as I finally got to meet a man I’ve had many correspondences with here on TFF.
Horace AKA “Fishbonz”
Horace it was a real pleasure finally meeting you. Thank you again for all the info and help you’ve provided me over the years. Blessings to you and tight lines my friend!

Rodney I`ll tell you what. The pleasure was all mine when I saw the YELLOW TERROR pull up next to old Katie mae ( blk& slvr Ranger) @ the ramp yesterday!! It was Good to finally have some fellowship Face to Face & talk about techniques , strategies & locations and the pursuit of those underwater denizens we so fondly refer to as crappie.The rain got the best of me also yesterday afternoon.When I left you at the bank as soon as I made it over to the tree that I sank on Sunday the Heavens let me have it. I GOT SOAKED! I did mark some fish but for the most part my fishing spirit had departed from me.Hopefully there`ll be another day. Good hook sets to you till we meet again my friend!

HE aka Fishbonz

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: RODS454] #13855761 01/22/21 12:20 AM
G
glen6131 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
My grandparents had a house on Wax lake and i spent a ton of time fishing there over the years. Still crappie fish there during the spring and summer. Mostly at night alot of boat traffic. Some good slabs in that little lake.

Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: RODS454] #13856088 01/22/21 05:14 AM
E
Esnow74 Offline
Angler
Angler
E
I always abandone the Wax when the weather gets warm enough for the recreational folks. I had found quite a bit of timber on my last trip of 2020 that I had no idea existed for the 9+ years of fishing from my little 2 man. The lake was so low, launching was next to impossible. I went and checked about 10 days ago and to my surprise it had risen, noticed the next day that they have a pipe that adds water up near the dam area. Launched on that day and spent most of my time reading my graph since I had not previously had decent electronics to search with. It was nice to be back on the little lake but I was skunked, as I have been most of my trips in December and January but it was good. I'm not concerned about the skunk smell following me this winter as I have never fished for winter crappie before and know that in about 4 weeks I will once again keep that smell away from the boat for the most part until next winter. The woods have always had my attention from October to January but now that I have more mobility and decent electronics, I have decided I need to learn how to boat winter crappie. Pretty sure I can find them, just gotta learn how to catch them. Hahahaha
I know what boat Rods has as I met him at Aquilla on his 2nd time there. I'm sure I have crossed paths with Fishbonz, at least at the Wax but now I know what your rig is so assuming I remember I will say hello. I'm now in a older mostly white Nitro 750 and almost always solo and don't stray much from Wax and Aquilla

Re: Waxahachie 1-20-21 [Re: Esnow74] #13856162 01/22/21 12:24 PM
R
RODS454 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted by Esnow74
I always abandone the Wax when the weather gets warm enough for the recreational folks. I had found quite a bit of timber on my last trip of 2020 that I had no idea existed for the 9+ years of fishing from my little 2 man. The lake was so low, launching was next to impossible. I went and checked about 10 days ago and to my surprise it had risen, noticed the next day that they have a pipe that adds water up near the dam area. Launched on that day and spent most of my time reading my graph since I had not previously had decent electronics to search with. It was nice to be back on the little lake but I was skunked, as I have been most of my trips in December and January but it was good. I'm not concerned about the skunk smell following me this winter as I have never fished for winter crappie before and know that in about 4 weeks I will once again keep that smell away from the boat for the most part until next winter. The woods have always had my attention from October to January but now that I have more mobility and decent electronics, I have decided I need to learn how to boat winter crappie. Pretty sure I can find them, just gotta learn how to catch them. Hahahaha
I know what boat Rods has as I met him at Aquilla on his 2nd time there. I'm sure I have crossed paths with Fishbonz, at least at the Wax but now I know what your rig is so assuming I remember I will say hello. I'm now in a older mostly white Nitro 750 and almost always solo and don't stray much from Wax and Aquilla

You really ought to give Navarro Mills a go. Aquilla was my fav until I went to this little gem. I went yesterday and put a beat down on them.I’ve been almost 10 times now, since around Thanksgiving, and the first time was the only time I didn’t catch a limit. With your new electronics it should be easy pickings for you.

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide