Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13850415 01/18/21 02:56 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Lol, he’s back and he’s good for business.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13850515 01/18/21 04:41 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

What’s going to be more interesting is who they will say qualified to get in, and how. It won’t be anything like the “official” flow chart put up by MLF that was included in the OP. Look at how they’ve handled it when needing replacements thus far for a clue as to how a membership in the “good ol’ boys” fishing club will work. Sad thing is it looks like there are some who didn’t recognize all the red flags and have re-signed up for the humongous 5 in 2021... one would think after they witnessed all the smart money leave in 2020 to fish the Opens, then experience the stealth removal of the $100k FLW Pro AOY award money, and all the other shenanigans, those who fished in anything related to MLF ownership would have got a clue... I mean, look at what was overlooked to let John Cox in... if that’s not the slap in the face needed to wake those guys up, maybe they kinda deserve what they get.

LOL, do you hate the NPFL too?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13850550 01/18/21 08:44 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

What’s going to be more interesting is who they will say qualified to get in, and how. It won’t be anything like the “official” flow chart put up by MLF that was included in the OP. Look at how they’ve handled it when needing replacements thus far for a clue as to how a membership in the “good ol’ boys” fishing club will work. Sad thing is it looks like there are some who didn’t recognize all the red flags and have re-signed up for the humongous 5 in 2021... one would think after they witnessed all the smart money leave in 2020 to fish the Opens, then experience the stealth removal of the $100k FLW Pro AOY award money, and all the other shenanigans, those who fished in anything related to MLF ownership would have got a clue... I mean, look at what was overlooked to let John Cox in... if that’s not the slap in the face needed to wake those guys up, maybe they kinda deserve what they get.

LOL, do you hate the NPFL too?

They haven’t done anything thus far to warrant any criticism and the organization seems to be looking to play nice in the bass tournament fishing industry. They need to figure out, and then be totally transparent going forward, about how anglers are going to be able to qualify for their league, otherwise they will be seen as nothing more than a “pay to be called a Pro” type of deal, such as FLW was in it’s heyday.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Mark Jones] #13850678 01/18/21 02:04 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Do you know the answer to the OP's original question?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13850705 01/18/21 02:24 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Yes please, I honestly think they will bump 6 down to the circuit after this year, either that or circuit and tour will merge into some kind of hybrid in 2022.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13850729 01/18/21 02:35 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

He’s part of the deflect and redirect crowd for MLF, so it’s doubtful he has any meaningful answers. If he did he would have to reconcile why John Cox was given an invite to BPT ahead of several others that had more AOY points than he did. I presume those guys who have been listed as being participants on the 2021 humongous 5 pro tour just don’t care if they get cheated or ripped off, or they’ve consumed so much of the MLF kool-aid they just don’t recognize it’s happening. After experiencing $100k of AOY money being snatched away in 2020 and then seeing the top points earners being skipped over for BPT invites isn’t enough to motivate them to find alternative tours to pursue, then I don’t know what would. There will always be a greater fool, Wall Street has proven that time and time again.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13850835 01/18/21 03:59 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I don't see a problem with the John Cox deal he is a generational talent, didn't bassmaster just let a bunch of FLW guys in 2 years ago. Unless ones goes under you will see pros moving back and forth between the two leagues for years to come.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: WAWI] #13851051 01/18/21 07:18 PM
OzzieFish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by WAWI
Red Crest is a stupid name and I'm boycotting such nonsense

Agreed!!

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SC-001] #13851181 01/18/21 09:22 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SC-001
I don't see a problem with the John Cox deal he is a generational talent, didn't bassmaster just let a bunch of FLW guys in 2 years ago. Unless ones goes under you will see pros moving back and forth between the two leagues for years to come.

Typical whataboutism used as a “deflection” for the MLF contradictions of their own published rules; and an apples & oranges comparison at that. The contradiction is, there were many anglers ahead of John Cox in FLW AOY points and they skipped right over those guys.

It’s very doubtful we’ll see anglers moving back and forth between leagues as most that remained in BASS know what MLF is all about and what it was derived from; and I expect to see MLF twisting itself into pretzel to move dates of events to try and prevent John Cox from also fishing enough of the Bassmasters elite series tournaments to remain qualified for that tour in 2022. I don’t think they expected John to commit to fishing both tours and that’s why they implied in their press release as someone who left BASS to come fish MLF. It will be interesting to see how a group that forbids their executives from even mention BASS by name in meetings, or company communications, press interviews/releases, handles him and David Dudley in this coming yearl

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13851217 01/18/21 09:56 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by SC-001

Typical whataboutism used as a “deflection” for the MLF contradictions of their own published rules; and an apples & oranges comparison at that. The contradiction is, there were many anglers ahead of John Cox in FLW AOY points and they skipped right over those guys.

It’s very doubtful we’ll see anglers moving back and forth between leagues as most that remained in BASS know what MLF is all about and what it was derived from; and I expect to see MLF twisting itself into pretzel to move dates of events to try and prevent John Cox from also fishing enough of the Bassmasters elite series tournaments to remain qualified for that tour in 2022. I don’t think they expected John to commit to fishing both tours and that’s why they implied in their press release as someone who left BASS to come fish MLF. It will be interesting to see how a group that forbids their executives from even mention BASS by name in meetings, or company communications, press interviews/releases, handles him and David Dudley in this coming yearl

You've made 354 posts and essentially all of them have been filled with conjecture and conspiracy theory that's borderline insane. I'm not sure if you've noticed this but none of your efforts here and on BBC have had any impact on the forward movement of the league. Perhaps you're not aware but both leagues have set their fields and their respective schedules for 2021 and are going about their business.

All that's left to do now for everyone is to go fishing...

Anyway, it's good to see you found your way back. Your entertainment factor is high. bump

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13851233 01/18/21 10:07 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L

Atkins left for BASS, Latimer went back to MLF, Hackney and Christie went back to BASS, they are all corporations of one, its all business decisions year to year.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13851245 01/18/21 10:19 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
So I guess maybe there isn't an answer to the OP's question. That or those in the know got side tracked by Big O, which is understandable I guess. If there isn't an answer to the OP's question, it does beg the question why anyone would fish the Tacklewarehouse Pro Circuit as anything other than a backup plan? Seems to me anyone fishing at that level would want a defined path to the tour at the top of the pyramid.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13851249 01/18/21 10:22 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I guess no one knows the answer or won’t tell .

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13851252 01/18/21 10:30 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Atkins left for BASS, Latimer went back to MLF, Hackney and Christie went back to BASS, they are all corporations of one, its all business decisions year to year.

I hear there is a back story to B-Lat returning to the dumb money side of things. Something about a prank that was pulled on him at one of the opens that he took offense to. The remainder of the smart money group that didn’t qualify this year through the opens are sticking with it. Maybe his urge to just “pay to have a pro title” was too overwhelming, so he decided to skip the formalities of qualifying and earning of the title. Maybe someone should have told him before he threw in the towel that AOY and the associated points doesn’t mean squat on the humongous 5/MLF side of things...

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13851259 01/18/21 10:38 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
So I guess maybe there isn't an answer to the OP's question. That or those in the know got side tracked by Big O, which is understandable I guess. If there isn't an answer to the OP's question, it does beg the question why anyone would fish the Tacklewarehouse Pro Circuit as anything other than a backup plan? Seems to me anyone fishing at that level would want a defined path to the tour at the top of the pyramid.

No one got sidetracked by me... they know I am absolutely correct, that’s why you haven’t seen one sensible rebuttal. The true answer you are seeking and deserve is not flattering to MLF, but you won’t hear it from the MLF boot licking fan boys.

Truth is ;Only the dumb money and greater fools will get involved in a humongous 5 tournament thinking it will lead to an established big stage.

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide