Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: billynjuls] #13849712 01/17/21 05:01 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
These days, everyone is a pro so a fishing partner is like a sacred vow. Everyone is so worried about keeping their spots secret. Partners come and go and unfortunately, they are going to take your info with them and vice versa. I personally don’t care about that as much. That said, I would never try to fish competitive team tournaments with someone who didn’t have a boat. Prefishing should be done in separate boats. Also, it’s got to be someone I have fun with. Lots of dead time and slow fishing can be overcome with laughter

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: billynjuls] #13849758 01/17/21 05:39 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by billynjuls
Why is it so hard to find a fishing partner? I've posted in the partner finder on here with not much success. Am I the only one that lives and breathes bass fishing? I have my own new boat, been fishing tournament's my whole life; however, I did just get over taking a 5 year hiatus due to traveling for work all the time. I now own my own business so I go when I want and my wife is awesome because she couldn't care less if I went everyday. I guess that's what 25 year's of marriage does. Since I'm just getting back into bass fishing after a break I'm a little rusty so don't know a lot of people and we just moved to Rockwall a couple of years ago. Anyway, i know a lot of you fish with your sons, daughters, wives, friends from the past, but it shouldn't be this hard. I'm a retired Air Force veteran so I'm not a psychopath or anything.

Billy

It is hard to find a good partner. In a four year period I logged a little over 1,100 trips to Fork & Monty. All of them were with clients or friends or both. Many of those folks are still friends today, some very close friends. It is hard to find someone you are compatible with tho.

They need a Match.com for fishing partners. lol My advice would be to meet them for lunch before you spend the whole day with them.

Talk about things like:

Are u good with ur partner fishing next to you on the front deck? A lot of guys are not.
Are u good with ur partner netting ur fish? A lot of guys can't do this well.
Are u good with ur partner backing ur boat trailer? A lot of non-boaters can't do this well.
Are u good with ur partner running the troll motor? A lot of non-boaters can't do this well.
Are u good with ur partner using ur tackle? A lot of non-boaters do not realize how expensive tackle has become.
Are u okay with ur partner eating the food u brought because they didn't bring anything to eat or drink?
How much $$ do u expect ur partner to pay for his share of fuel?

Keep up the search man. You'll find one. Rockwall is a great location.

Last edited by Ken A.; 01/17/21 05:42 PM.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: billynjuls] #13849776 01/17/21 05:49 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Rayzor
What color is your boat?

Red/black Nitro Z20.

I hope you know that this was a joke.

I know lots of fishermen. They always want to go fishing. You know the line; "We ought to go fishing sometime." When I call and ask them to go, they have something to do.

Last edited by Rayzor; 01/17/21 05:52 PM.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: yamaha runner] #13849795 01/17/21 06:02 PM
billynjuls Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by yamaha runner
These days, everyone is a pro so a fishing partner is like a sacred vow. Everyone is so worried about keeping their spots secret. Partners come and go and unfortunately, they are going to take your info with them and vice versa. I personally don’t care about that as much. That said, I would never try to fish competitive team tournaments with someone who didn’t have a boat. Prefishing should be done in separate boats. Also, it’s got to be someone I have fun with. Lots of dead time and slow fishing can be overcome with laughter

I think you’re spot on. I’m with the mindset to prefish in separate boats, but having fun and laughing makes up for a lot.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: Ken A.] #13849801 01/17/21 06:04 PM
billynjuls Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Why is it so hard to find a fishing partner? I've posted in the partner finder on here with not much success. Am I the only one that lives and breathes bass fishing? I have my own new boat, been fishing tournament's my whole life; however, I did just get over taking a 5 year hiatus due to traveling for work all the time. I now own my own business so I go when I want and my wife is awesome because she couldn't care less if I went everyday. I guess that's what 25 year's of marriage does. Since I'm just getting back into bass fishing after a break I'm a little rusty so don't know a lot of people and we just moved to Rockwall a couple of years ago. Anyway, i know a lot of you fish with your sons, daughters, wives, friends from the past, but it shouldn't be this hard. I'm a retired Air Force veteran so I'm not a psychopath or anything.

Billy

It is hard to find a good partner. In a four year period I logged a little over 1,100 trips to Fork & Monty. All of them were with clients or friends or both. Many of those folks are still friends today, some very close friends. It is hard to find someone you are compatible with tho.

They need a Match.com for fishing partners. lol My advice would be to meet them for lunch before you spend the whole day with them.

Talk about things like:

Are u good with ur partner fishing next to you on the front deck? A lot of guys are not.
Are u good with ur partner backing ur boat trailer? A lot of non-boaters can't do this well.
Are u good with ur partner running the troll motor? A lot of non-boaters can't do this well.
Are u good with ur partner using ur tackle? A lot of non-boaters do not realize how expensive tackle has become.
Are u okay with ur partner eating the food u brought because they didn't bring anything to eat or drink?

Thanks Ken. I think ideally it would be someone with a boat and experienced.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: Rayzor] #13849804 01/17/21 06:06 PM
billynjuls Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
What color is your boat?

Red/black Nitro Z20.

I hope you know that this was a joke.

I know lots of fishermen. They always want to go fishing. You know the line; "We ought to go fishing sometime." When I call and ask them to go, they have something to do.

Know exactly what you mean.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: billynjuls] #13849843 01/17/21 06:47 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I’m fishing a series this year.

My partner is a 20 year old boater from my local club.

I invited Him to fish a open trny last year and we got along well so I asked Him if he was interested in this series.

I would definitely go the club route for your search. Or start asking the guys you see regularly on the lake.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: billynjuls] #13849867 01/17/21 07:07 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Could also be because there is a raging pandemic going on the past 10-11 months?

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: SteveHummert] #13849882 01/17/21 07:18 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by steve hummert
Join a bass club, a lot have non-boat partners to pair you up with. You will find some that you don't want to fish with again and you will find some that make lifelong friends and great fishing partners.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your service! flag

Well stated! cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: KidKrappie] #13849887 01/17/21 07:21 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Could also be because there is a raging pandemic going on the past 10-11 months?

There are more people on the lake than ever! 7 days a week.. look at the shelves of Academy, BPS, etc... Look at the new boat and truck inventory at the dealerships. There isn’t a top brand crankbait or Chatterbait these fish haven’t seen. I don’t think that’s the issue here lol!

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: KidKrappie] #13849898 01/17/21 07:28 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W

Yeah, that has definitely kept people off the lakes....

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: Ken A.] #13849900 01/17/21 07:31 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Originally Posted by Ken A.

Billy

Talk about things like:

I have some friends that I would let do any of those things. But meeting a random fishing partner, no way on any of them.

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: wh2004] #13849919 01/17/21 07:53 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by wh2004

Not off the lakes but from wanting to fish alot with someone they dont know...

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: yamaha runner] #13849922 01/17/21 07:55 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by yamaha runner

There are more people on the lake than ever! 7 days a week.. look at the shelves of Academy, BPS, etc... Look at the new boat and truck inventory at the dealerships. There isn’t a top brand crankbait or Chatterbait these fish haven’t seen. I don’t think that’s the issue here lol!

Being on the lakes has nothing to do with this guy asking why he can't find a tourney partner. He is asking why he can't find a partner, not why there are so many people on the lakes

Re: Why is it so hard.... [Re: KidKrappie] #13849923 01/17/21 07:55 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by wh2004

Not off the lakes but from wanting to fish alot with someone they dont know...

True. Also has the poster won some tourneys? Won some club events?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide