Forums59
Topics1,039,162
Posts13,960,194
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13858452 01/24/21 12:42 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by Jimfishes
So someone please explain the missing purse that is keeps getting brought up because they moved Redcrest. There have been 2 BPT seasons correct? There has been 1 Redcrest? Will there be another Redcrest before the 2021 BPT season starts? If so, I am not clear on how the purse is missing.

Pro Andrew Upshaw has a Youtube video explaining his side of purse snatching.

Unless he has more than one video I have seen that one. He is one that you can say was slighted when BPT acquired FLW. He has a good argument also I think. I specifically want to know how people feel that just because they moved the Redcrest to a later date (that just happened to extend into the next year) somehow that purse disappeared. Even though it was postponed 4-5 months it will still be fished prior to any tournament that starts the 2021 season.

I think the “purse snatching “ is still in the prediction phase. Big O is predicting that the moving(delaying) of a championship into the following year, makes it easy to forget that the current year will likely be moved now too. And so on, until it is convenient to “skip” a year. Then the purse fades away. With less notice of it missing. Basically. MLF would fall behind a year and use the “extra years” money it has held to pad pockets.

I could see that. Would be sh***y if they did it.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13858460 01/24/21 12:54 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
So someone please explain the missing purse that is keeps getting brought up because they moved Redcrest. There have been 2 BPT seasons correct? There has been 1 Redcrest? Will there be another Redcrest before the 2021 BPT season starts? If so, I am not clear on how the purse is missing.

Unless he has more than one video I have seen that one. He is one that you can say was slighted when BPT acquired FLW. He has a good argument also I think. I specifically want to know how people feel that just because they moved the Redcrest to a later date (that just happened to extend into the next year) somehow that purse disappeared. Even though it was postponed 4-5 months it will still be fished prior to any tournament that starts the 2021 season.

I think the “purse snatching “ is still in the prediction phase. Big O is predicting that the moving(delaying) of a championship into the following year, makes it easy to forget that the current year will likely be moved now too. And so on, until it is convenient to “skip” a year. Then the purse fades away. With less notice of it missing. Basically. MLF would fall behind a year and use the “extra years” money it has held to pad pockets.

But that's not the case at all. They moved it after the first year having it in the fall. To having it the following spring just like the classic. Big o isn't using the rationale you just did of it continually moving. He thinks just because this one isn't in the same calendar year that means they stole the purse money.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grandbassslayer] #13858494 01/24/21 01:26 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by beartrap
if MLF hadn't stepped up and bought FLW,it would have gone into bankruptcy and there would have been no All American or FLW championship....all those entry fees and expenses incurred by the FLW fishermen to qualify would have been wasted and that $100,000. would have have been peanuts in comparison...
you can nitpick,piss and moan all you want but the reality is that 94% of the top ranked and most recognizable fishermen are still with MLF,they have 800 hours of TV time booked as #1 rated outdoor show.....and....they share the TV,Venue and exhibitor/advertiser revenue....

Hey don't spoil a thread with facts... grin

Spoil it with facts... I want to see something that definitively shows FLW was headed for bankruptcy. I don’t think it exists, and that is just a MLF talking point designed to deflect criticism. The Jacobs Estate never filed for bankruptcy, and it still seems to be in a contested state between the heirs within probate. I think the only reason FLW sale was allowed to proceed was due to it already being in progress at the time of Jacobs death.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13858506 01/24/21 01:35 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Right, absolutely a possibility. But saying it has happened, the way that he does, is not only annoying, it ignores all of the facts as we know them now and nothing has actually happened yet.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grandbassslayer] #13858510 01/24/21 01:36 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
People keep referring that 5 anglers have left BPT. The number is 7. Ike and Powroznik left as well.

Not to leave without mention MLF’s actions also led to a mass exodus of the FLW Pro top ranks; It was most of the top 10 and then some. I call those guys the smart money gang. The only ones who remained were Dudley and Thrift which got picked up by BPT when Gerald and Brandon paid the get out of jail fees. Oh, and John Cox, but he doesn’t count because he’s a tournament fishing phnom that will fish any circuit and tournament that he has a chance to win $10k or above in, per event.

Actions? Its a tournament series, people come and go from all of them for a variety of reasons.... and to call them the "smart money gang"??? not a whole lot of smart money fishing tourneys.

You may have a point about not much smart money in fishing tourneys, but those who I classify as being that seemingly foresaw what was ahead and moved out to fish the opens, many of them fished FLW their whole careers. And it paid off... look at what happened with the AOY award, and the last 3 events... It made them look smart.

I have to wonder if they would have pulled the same stunt if someone like Scott Martin had stayed and ended up being AOY instead of a relatively unknown angler like the guy that won it? Me seems to think they would have found $100k in the cushions around the homes of the billionaires owners to make things equal to previous years.... lol

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13858517 01/24/21 01:46 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
People keep referring that 5 anglers have left BPT. The number is 7. Ike and Powroznik left as well.

Not to leave without mention MLF’s actions also led to a mass exodus of the FLW Pro top ranks; It was most of the top 10 and then some. I call those guys the smart money gang. The only ones who remained were Dudley and Thrift which got picked up by BPT when Gerald and Brandon paid the get out of jail fees. Oh, and John Cox, but he doesn’t count because he’s a tournament fishing phnom that will fish any circuit and tournament that he has a chance to win $10k or above in, per event.

Actions? Its a tournament series, people come and go from all of them for a variety of reasons.... and to call them the "smart money gang"??? not a whole lot of smart money fishing tourneys.

You may have a point about not much smart money in fishing tourneys, but those who I classify as being that seemingly foresaw what was ahead and moved out to fish the opens, many of them fished FLW their whole careers. And it paid off... look at what happened with the AOY award, and the last 3 events... It made them look smart.

I have to wonder if they would have pulled the same stunt if someone like Scott Martin had stayed and ended up being AOY instead of a relatively unknown angler like the guy that won it? Me seems to think they would have found $100k in the cushions around the homes of the billionaires owners to make things equal to previous years.... lol

You mean the last 3 events where they raised the purse of each by $500,000 and pay $10,000 down to around 100th place. How dare they. Lmao

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13858547 01/24/21 02:10 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
if MLF hadn't stepped up and bought FLW,it would have gone into bankruptcy and there would have been no All American or FLW championship....all those entry fees and expenses incurred by the FLW fishermen to qualify would have been wasted and that $100,000. would have have been peanuts in comparison...
you can nitpick,piss and moan all you want but the reality is that 94% of the top ranked and most recognizable fishermen are still with MLF,they have 800 hours of TV time booked as #1 rated outdoor show.....and....they share the TV,Venue and exhibitor/advertiser revenue....

Spoil it with facts... I want to see something that definitively shows FLW was headed for bankruptcy. I don’t think it exists, and that is just a MLF talking point designed to deflect criticism. The Jacobs Estate never filed for bankruptcy, and it still seems to be in a contested state between the heirs within probate. I think the only reason FLW sale was allowed to proceed was due to it already being in progress at the time of Jacobs death.

Like they owe you any of that information. MLF/FLW did not hurt you in any way, its just another tourney series, watch it if you like. All the hurt is self inflicted.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grandbassslayer] #13858562 01/24/21 02:31 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

Like they owe you any of that information. MLF/FLW did not hurt you in any way, its just another tourney series, watch it if you like. All the hurt is self inflicted.

But, for as much as that talking point has been recited by the MLF water boys, they surely is some truth to it, right? Why else would they be using that as an excuse and to deflect criticism? For some reason those who do recite it, or scripted it forgot there is actually information out there that is contrary to that narrative. And ironically it’s published in one of the media outlets the majority owner of MLF is an owner of.

You won’t see anything about FLW being in financial distress here.. hmmm, wonder why?

http://bassfan.com/news_article/9756/flw-sale-an-emotional-process-for-blake#.YAzZKi08Kf0

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13858580 01/24/21 02:53 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
That's a puff piece designed to make FLW and the like look good, nothing more. You can read nothing into about their financial health. I guess I don't get the MLF water boy statement, does BASS have water boys? It doesn't need to be an us vs. them either or mentality.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 01/24/21 03:00 AM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grandbassslayer] #13858598 01/24/21 03:14 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
That's a puff piece designed to make FLW and the like look good, nothing more. You can read nothing into about their financial health. I guess I don't get the MLF water boy statement, does BASS have water boys? It doesn't need to be an us vs. them either or mentality.

What the article demonstrates, contrary to the often recited narrative is, is MLF did not come to FLW’s rescue after Irwin Jacobs death. Talks had been well underway prior to that and Jacobs himself was directly involved.

BASS doesn’t need water boys to stand up and defend them... they aren’t being seen by fans and sponsors as the bad actors in the industry that can’t be trusted.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13858603 01/24/21 03:21 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

What the article demonstrates, contrary to the often recited narrative is, is MLF did not come to FLW’s rescue after Irwin Jacobs death. Talks had been well underway prior to that and Jacobs himself was directly involved.

BASS doesn’t need water boys to stand up and defend them... they aren’t being seen by fans and sponsors as the bad actors in the industry that can’t be trusted.

lol thats what you take from it? Of course they were in talks, they wanted out of the deal and needed a buyer. What sponsors say MLF BPT can't be trusted? The only reason a fan, short for fanatic, btw wouldn't trust them is they believe everything they hear from someone that came up short with an axe to grind.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 01/24/21 03:22 AM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13858608 01/24/21 03:27 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Here we are 15 pages later and MLF is still in business. Oh and Big O, your stipend got approved. Send me your email and I'll get the PayPal started.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: beartrap] #13858628 01/24/21 03:46 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Well so far, Big O has been correct on more issues than Dubee. Look at the number of guys that left already, some with no backup plan. Guys aren’t leaving because it’s great over there.

look at the big picture....5 fishermen leaving out of the original 80 isn't exactly a mass exodus,94% of the best and most established pros believe MLF is now the dominant fishing trail, the wave of the future and the television ratings prove this.......all the yapping about them postponing Redcrest is ignoring the fact that every major sport has had numerous cancellations this past year due to the covid 19 pandemic....MLF is providing 800 hours of TV exposure and a venue where the fishermen share that revenue along with revenue from the cities where they hold events and exhibitor income at their championships.....also if MLF hadn't of bought the FLW,it's almost certain FLW would have ceased to exist.....

5 out of 80 leaving over 2 years is definitely not 70 out of 110 leaving all at once roflmao

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13858632 01/24/21 03:49 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Well so far, Big O has been correct on more issues than Dubee. Look at the number of guys that left already, some with no backup plan. Guys aren’t leaving because it’s great over there.

look at the big picture....5 fishermen leaving out of the original 80 isn't exactly a mass exodus,94% of the best and most established pros believe MLF is now the dominant fishing trail, the wave of the future and the television ratings prove this.......all the yapping about them postponing Redcrest is ignoring the fact that every major sport has had numerous cancellations this past year due to the covid 19 pandemic....MLF is providing 800 hours of TV exposure and a venue where the fishermen share that revenue along with revenue from the cities where they hold events and exhibitor income at their championships.....also if MLF hadn't of bought the FLW,it's almost certain FLW would have ceased to exist.....

5 out of 80 leaving over 2 years is definitely not 70 out of 110 leaving all at once roflmao

Don't poke too many holes in his faux outrage, not sure if he has upright flotation....lol

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 01/24/21 03:50 AM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: grandbassslayer] #13858633 01/24/21 03:49 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

lol thats what you take from it? Of course they were in talks, they wanted out of the deal and needed a buyer. What sponsors say MLF BPT can't be trusted? The only reason a fan, short for fanatic, btw wouldn't trust them is they believe everything they hear from someone that came up short with an axe to grind.

No, I think you read the article wrong. MLF needed and was seeking a feeder circuit, its even stated within that write up and they needed it quick. That’s why they were also trying to buy BASS at the same time, and got 3 offers shot down cold. Whether MLF wanted to buy both and have control of the whole pro tournament industry, or just destroy BASS, who knows... but it almost reads that MLF was more in need of the sale than FLW was when all things are considered.

The sponsors who don’t trust MLF have spoken with their $$ in a big and powerful way... that’s why those guys who drank the kook-aid Boyd’s boys have been serving are now paying entry fees and are worse off than they ever were before... BASS is and has always been the big fish, big stage brand and platform... MLF is the No stage and No Fans platform. Follow the industry and media money... the winner in this battle is about to be declared! Will it be a mid season knockout, or called at the end by unanimous decision... stay tuned.

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide