Forums59
Topics1,037,815
Posts13,934,987
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone use an Intex inflatable kayak? [Re: Dougfresh] #13832578 01/05/21 11:56 AM
B
Bucketlist Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Dougfresh
Bucketlist - its hilarious yet awesome that your intrex is registered. I’ve thought about getting something similar for my trips down to Galveston. I just wonder how an inflatable would hold up in the bays especially over oyster beds.

I have a diablo amigo that i take sometimes but I worry about where to store it especially if we’re staying in a rental and its just one more hassle with a truck already loaded down with gear, kids and pets. I just wonder if an inflatable would be easier for those trips.

I thought it was hilarious when I was standing at the window trying to register a kayak with a trolling motor. I was informed that it is a motorboat and needs to be registered like any other motorboat. Maybe I could have just walked away and no one would have known the difference but I just let her do what she needed to do. The numbers don't stick very well on that plastic, maybe that was a hint. I think I paid the same to register my bass boat.
I don't know about oyster beds but this cheap little kayak never had a leak in 5 years of rough use in several Texas lakes.
If you can be happy with an inflatable kayak as it comes from the store it is less trouble than most other options.

Re: Anyone use an Intex inflatable kayak? [Re: richg] #13842115 01/11/21 07:54 PM
Z
zenmic Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
I guess my post either got deleted or I hallucinated that I posed to this thread.

I have an Intex Excursion Pro Kayak. I have had it for a little over 6 months now. I have had it and fished out of it a few times during 2020. It is a little bulker than the Outcast Fish Cat 4 Float Tube - LCS I had when I was in Southern California, but it has loads more cargo space. Two adults can fish out of it pretty comfortably. The seats being inflatable and low are not really all that comfortable but bearable. DEFINITELY install the skeg as this thing is really light in the water and even a gentle breeze can throw the tracking. What I like about this kayak over the other from Intex, is that it comes with a real pressure gauge as opposed to a template. The manual pump works well. I can have it pumped up and ready in about 15 minutes. I have recently bought an electric high-volume pump, so that should get me on the water faster. I did not bother using the paddles included with the kayak, as I already have a pair of Magellan Outdoors Flare Kayak paddles. I will be working on building an anchor trolley out of 3/16" shock-cord and stainless-steel pulleys. I decided to go with shock-cord so there should be less hassle when deflating the kayak (I think). I am open to suggestions on the trolley for an inflatable. As I am new to the kayak game, I have not learned to stand up yet, so I cannot answer as to how easy it is to stand in the Excursion Pro. Mine is till pretty much stock, and I use my milk-crate from my sit-on-top kayak in my Intex. As a one-man kayak there is plenty of space.

I guess it also depends on what kind of fishing you do. I took mine out on a couple of lakes near me, and have caught largemouth bass and sunfish. I try and keep clear of branches or things that could poke a hole in the kayak. I guess I would be more concern if I was catfish fishing or more ornery fish that have more spines.

In my original post I say to hit up the user Bucketlist, but it appears that Bucketlist has already posted several great things and showed off his really cool mod for the Intex K2 Challenger.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide