Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Chris B] #13840624 01/10/21 05:28 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
Originally Posted by WAWI
This one should end up at supreme court, 1st amendment along with some monopoly type issues.

Neither of these apply.

To paraphrase Mark Cuban:
“let me explain Capitalism to you. Sometimes people decide not to do business with you. It's their decision. You know the whole "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" thing”

So is it ok if I don’t let gays in my restaurants?

No. That would be denying service based on a prohibited basis.

That is different than saying your behavior does not conform to community guidelines therefore we choose to not let you use our platform, visit our restaurant or engage in other transactions with you. Its like in a restaurant the management or proprietor can say you have to wear slacks and a tie, and you cant disturb others or harass the staff, but they cannot say no brown folks... two very different things happening there.

Same thing that happens here. There are rules. If you dont follow them... you might not be welcome to play and that is at the owner or bosses discretion.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Ted Dyer] #13840625 01/10/21 05:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
This one should end up at supreme court, 1st amendment along with some monopoly type issues.

Neither of these apply.

“let me explain Capitalism to you. Sometimes people decide not to do business with you. It's their decision. You know the whole "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" thing”

I would argue that it might, collusion between the big tech companies, at some point this stuff becomes infrastructure on a national level. I recall bell telephone got broke up. The world is changing and there will need to be questions answered. I understand your a democrat but I would have the same position if they had blocked all liberal communication. Slippery slope we are on real slippery

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13840632 01/10/21 05:44 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Yeah, it's all all part of a huge conspiracy to silence Trump, just like everything else that happens on this planet. Give me a break.

A conspiracy is something difficult to prove, like who killed Kennedy. There is no question that Trump is being silenced by Twitter, Facebook and others - not conspiracy - fact.

had a girlfriend back in the day. her dad was a big wig fbi guy. i used to ask him what branch of government, ss, cia, fbi, etc, killed kennedy. boy, talk about the stink eye. if eyes were lasers, i would have been a pile of ashes. i think he used to avoid me for some reason, lol

i guess you could avoid the big conglomerates and censorship, use the dark web

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13840634 01/10/21 05:45 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Yeah, it's all all part of a huge conspiracy to silence Trump, just like everything else that happens on this planet. Give me a break.

A conspiracy is something difficult to prove, like who killed Kennedy. There is no question that Trump is being silenced by Twitter, Facebook and others - not conspiracy - fact.

Yup. And much like US Steel, it's easy to show that social media is being controlled by a very small number of players. In almost any other industry, they'd already be subject to antitrust actions by the US government.

Facebook, Twitter, and others like them need to have the Section 230 protections removed and be held to the standards that all other publishers are held to.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13840637 01/10/21 05:47 PM
CaptainCrunch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Completely agree that now, after 4 years, he's being silenced. My point was - not everything that happens is evidence of a conspiracy against Trump. Amazon said they pulled support for Parler because Parler is refusing to moderate violent threats made by the organizers of the riots in DC. If you own a business and don't want to do business with someone supporting violence, you can pull their plug. With 4 dead, including a police officer, it looks like a responsible move.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13840657 01/10/21 05:58 PM
lanman71 Online Confused
Maroon!
Online Confused
Maroon!

And perfectly legal under our constitution. No different than you banning someone from here. He is President still, he can call a press conference anytime he wants. He hasn’t been silenced at all.

What a maroon!
Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13840658 01/10/21 05:59 PM
L
Laker One Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Yup. And much like US Steel, it's easy to show that social media is being controlled by a very small number of players. In almost any other industry, they'd already be subject to antitrust actions by the US government.

Facebook, Twitter, and others like them need to have the Section 230 protections removed and be held to the standards that all other publishers are held to.

Good luck with that. Now that the Government is in total control of the Democrats I do not see Section 230 being removed anytime soon. Just my two cents.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: lanman71] #13840662 01/10/21 06:02 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by lanman71

And perfectly legal under our constitution. No different than you banning someone from here. He is President still, he can call a press conference anytime he wants. He hasn’t been silenced at all.

But a liberal or liberal site can advocate for violence and it is perfectly fine.I have never heard of parler. But I know fascist committing censorship when I see it

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: CaptainCrunch] #13840664 01/10/21 06:03 PM
L
Laker One Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L

Completely agree that now, after 4 years, he's being silenced. My point was - not everything that happens is evidence of a conspiracy against Trump. Amazon said they pulled support for Parler because Parler is refusing to moderate violent threats made by the organizers of the riots in DC. If you own a business and don't want to do business with someone supporting violence, you can pull their plug. With 4 dead, including a police officer, it looks like a responsible move.

And what about all of the violence that had occurred prior to Washington D.C. Do not forget the time when the White House was attacked. All violence needs to be condemned and stopped. The problem is the DOUBLE STANDARD of enforcing the law that has been set by the Democratic Party. Just my two cents.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: WAWI] #13840675 01/10/21 06:08 PM
C
Canino Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C

Neither of these apply.

I would argue that it might, collusion between the big tech companies, at some point this stuff becomes infrastructure on a national level. I recall bell telephone got broke up. The world is changing and there will need to be questions answered. I understand your a democrat but I would have the same position if they had blocked all liberal communication. Slippery slope we are on real slippery

Any collusion is irrelevant in the case of Parler.

They're never going to get any court to agree that big tech should have continued to allow a platform to use their services when obvious and blatant threats of violence were allowed to stand unmoderated. Amazon (AWS) sent a letter to Parler and included numerous screenshots of unmoderated content that clearly violates AWS policies (and the policies of pretty much any and all tech businesses). You can look it up and see for yourself, I'm not going to link it here because of language in the screenshots. Google and Apple have the same types of policies.

Parler's business plan was to be Twitter without having to pay an army of moderators. Basically Twitter on the cheap. I find it difficult to believe they could read through their own content and not realize they were on borrowed time with regards to any third-party tech platform or company. Parler should have had offshore hosting in place long ago. This isn't a conspiracy by Amazon, Google and Apple. This is a business operations failure by Parler.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Canino] #13840688 01/10/21 06:22 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Canino

Neither of these apply.

Any collusion is irrelevant in the case of Parler.

They're never going to get any court to agree that big tech should have continued to allow a platform to use their services when obvious and blatant threats of violence were allowed to stand unmoderated. Amazon (AWS) sent a letter to Parler and included numerous screenshots of unmoderated content that clearly violates AWS policies (and the policies of pretty much any and all tech businesses). You can look it up and see for yourself, I'm not going to link it here because of language in the screenshots. Google and Apple have the same types of policies.

Parler's business plan was to be Twitter without having to pay an army of moderators. Basically Twitter on the cheap. I find it difficult to believe they could read through their own content and not realize they were on borrowed time with regards to any third-party tech platform or company. Parler should have had offshore hosting in place long ago. This isn't a conspiracy by Amazon, Google and Apple. This is a business operations failure by Parler.

What about all the collusion to commit violence that was organized on Twitter and Facebook 6-8 months ago?

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: WAWI] #13840689 01/10/21 06:23 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I agree this is outrageous. These big tech firms now control social media. Libs say you don’t have to use them but in fact we are forced them use them everyday.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Laker One] #13840691 01/10/21 06:24 PM
Alumacraft 14 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Liberals defense: conspiracy theory!!! Nothing to see here. They forget the last 4 years of their conspiracy theories. All investigated and proven wrong. Russia collusion, impeachment, pay to play, Kavanaugh supreme court rape case. Trump said negative things about troops on memorial day. All Proven lies.

Conservative theory: MSM ran by the left, fake news wants to destroy conservatives. Fact 96% of media coverage of Trump was negative(see above), they ignored accomplishments, run fake new articles to do damage and retract after damage is done, fabricated false new against covington student who sued and won in court. Complete black out of Biden/Hunter pay to play scam until after the election. Steering the narrative on all of the violent riots.

Facebook, twitter, and their likes stifle conservative views, shadow ban conservatives, shadow ban conservative comments, show left leaning ideology more in search inquires, will crush you if they don't agree with you. Fact: it is happening right now.

The election was stolen due to fraud. Plenty of circumstantial evidence, yet refusal to do even the slightest of investigation. If you are so confident of no fraud then why are you so afraid of an investigation? Case in point Trump allowed the investigation into Russian collusion because he knew he was innocent.

All of the above pure 100% fact. But liberals can't handle fact. They only want to believe...key word, believe they know the facts because their allies in the MSM, tech and Hollywood agrees with them. Baaaa says the sheep. They are good little sheep. They are okay with fakes news if it supports their beliefs. They are okay with big tech using stalin like tactics to destroy others if it supports their beliefs. They are okay with stripping others of their liberties if it supports their beliefs. They are okay if your business is burned/closed down, if your home is destroyed or your city is burned if it supports their belief.

Communist progressive liberalism has been in full display for the last 4 years, doing more damage then any speech Trump has ever made, yet we are the conspiracy theorist, we are the liars, we are the enemy. It is total bulls*hit and why we are near a tipping point.

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: Laker One] #13840694 01/10/21 06:29 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Alinsky, followed almost verbatim

Re: Big Tech Shuts Down Parler! [Re: WAWI] #13840696 01/10/21 06:31 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E

Hum, the 1st Amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Don't see anything in there about companies kicking people or services off their platforms for violating their rules.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide