Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables #13836094 01/07/21 05:42 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I have never been one to look at the fishing forecast and stay home because the forecast we poor. In fact, some of my best days have been on days that the forecast was poor. I like to check it after I've been out and see what it says. As is the case with most forecasts, they are wrong a lot. I'm curious what everyone thinks of these forecasts.

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Tim] #13836099 01/07/21 05:44 PM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
I have found the only thing that is somewhat accurate is major and minor feeding times. once, it was actually to the minute, if you can believe that. But, as a rule of thumb, I just fish when I can, and be done with it.

Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Tim] #13837188 01/08/21 05:12 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I have my "Lynn's Catfish Calendar" which is for Yellows, Blues, and Gator Gars. Quite a few here on the TFF use it. Some swear by it. In some families, they all utilize it. And some bass fishermen come over to the Catfish section to get it, because they also love to catch Yellows. I am running late & will be posting the 2021 thread, along with the January calendar on Friday night (unless I fall asleep at the keyboard).

It basically consists of 4 sigs, of which are YC = YellowCat, BC = BlueCat, BFT = Buffet (sort of an assortment), and ZIP = Poor or Nada. I also post a KEY with it. The 2021 was released early back in September or October of 2020. It added two more tips to the KEY. I try to explain it simply that everything in this universe runs patterns. It is simply a matter of nailing down that pattern. If you want to call it nature or instinct or God-installed, it is your choice. But I also make note that the Calendar is affixed or compared to a ratio of about 66% to 75% (my estimate). The other being what I call "rogue", meaning that 25% to 33% dance to a different beat. In the first of each year, usually January, I include the previous year links, as I have shared further information on Yellows & the Calendar from time to time. I explain that this pattern seems to be some sort of "roam-feed" circuit switch which kicks them out of the house to go roam for their food.

I stumbled into it back in the early 1980s, plus I had two YellowCat teachers share what they knew of Yellows.But their knowledge did not get me to catch more Yellows. The Catfish Calendar did, as I found a pattern for the Yellows. Then I used their knowledge along with it.

Along with the Calendar, I also have what I refer to as my PYC days, which stands for Lynn's "Personal YellowCat Days". This is the pattern I found for Yellows. It is basically a 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on, then repeat. However, there is a slight variable. By understanding that & my Calendar (each day has the strongest of my 4 "sigs" noted for that day), I am able to track & pinpoint the PYC days from my experience. One TFFer shared their Grandfather once told them if you ever figured out the 7-2 pattern of the Yellows, you were onto them.

I also share how to use certain tips, such as there is not a gate that shuts at Midnight per each day. There is an overlap. By knowing this, you can key in on it & use it to your advantage. For instance, if you are going into a YC or PYC day, you can bait out the night before in order to capitalize on your "catch", if you were rtunning set lines. If R-n-R-ing, you could start early, or on the other end of the spectrum, finish late (like up to about Noon the following day).

The PYC days therefore, are separate from the Calendar, even though from time to time the PYC pattern is reflected into the Calendar here & there. From time to time, I do a printed copy. I am doing one for 2021. It has the calendars for each month, plus pics and stories for each month. I am currently done doing each month & trying to finish up the 12 months of pics & stories for it. I was hoping to have it by New Years, but got delayed. Previous printed years have been-- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2017. It does take some time to compile & is time-consuming, as to the printed version. I do the RTF calendars fairly easy & post each month here on the TFF for free.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13837574 01/08/21 04:12 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Wow! A lot to digest there. I'll look one of those old calendars up and see if I can make any sense of it. Appreciate the info...

Catfish Tim

Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Tim] #13838774 01/09/21 05:41 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
OK, the new 2021 thread is now up for My Catfish Calendar. The overlap of the daily strongest sig I speak of, is referred to as Bleedover.

I modified what I posted on your thread & added a few other notes & included it on the January post for 2021. So, you might want to breeze it over again.

I was hoping to already be done with the hard copies (printed edition) for 2021 but encountered a few delays and looking to have that all done before the end of January. New printer, scanner problems, resetting up & such. Life's many challenges.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Tim] #13839009 01/09/21 02:15 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The solunar tables influence cats but I catch plenty on days Iโ€™m not supposed to according to some chart. The most important factor that go into the bite are weather patterns. If the weather pattern is favorable then your gonna catch fish no matter what some chart tell you. If the weather pattern is bad then your not going to catch much even if the chart says you will. How long the wind has been blowing out of a certain direction? How cold or hot itโ€™s been the previous week? Is there an approaching front or has one just passed over? How much rain has hit the lake in the last few days. Is the lake rising or dropping? These are the factors I consider to have the most influence on catfish.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Fishing Forecasts and Solunar tables [Re: Catfish Tim] #13839353 01/09/21 05:42 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
My experience is just as you describe El Gato. I had a pretty good feeling this morning because we have a front coming in tonight and tomorrow and it was a good morning just as I expected.

Last edited by Catfish Tim; 01/09/21 05:46 PM. Reason: SP

Catfish Tim

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide