texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
9lbs8oz, williamoliver, Cday, JTHunts, 3fisherofmen
114678 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 100,618
hopalong 94,363
Pilothawk 80,701
John175☮ 78,680
Bigbob_FTW 71,272
JDavis7873 67,401
Derek 🐝 66,116
Mark Perry 62,225
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,141,038
Posts15,589,048
Members139,678
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Fayette #13832223 01/05/21 12:28 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,288
B
BillS2006 Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,288
Made a quick trip to Fayette to run the boat and make sure I got my oil problem worked out. I was surprised at the water level, at least three feet lower than the last time I was on Fayette. Also I was surprised at all the work done by the new management. Really have cleaned the place up. All the underbrush has been cleared, everything that didn't fly away has been painted. I didn't know that when the parks opened, there was a hiking trail that connected the parks. Previous management let them become over grown and completely lost. New management has cleared the trail and improved it. Amazing what a little bit of work will accomplish. Entrance fee for seniors has gone up a dollar and that is still the best deal going to any park.



Attached Files IMG_2095.JPG
Last edited by BillS2006; 01/05/21 12:28 AM.

The United States used to be "One Nation Under God". What happened?
Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13832238 01/05/21 12:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 351
T
TomRom Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
T
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 351
Yes. The new management company hired by LCRA manages a bunch of parks according to the new park manager. They requested and got around $3 million to upgrade the facilities. They are also committed to making the facility more secure and make sure that people using the facility are paying to get in. They also implemented new hours. The gates will no open until 5 am and close at 8 pm. So if you are there after 8 you are there for the night. They cleaned out all of the hiking trails which will aid in seeing any activity near the water. So hopefully all of the trash left around the lake below the trail will stop. Also any other illegal activity as well.

They are doing their best to try to keep the buzzards off of the cars. If you hear air horns that means they are out there chasing them off or at least trying too. I bought and now use a truck cover. This past December the buzzards did close to $2000 damage to my truck while I was fishing. If park management can now discourage people from cleaning all the tilapia by the boat ramp it will eliminate a food source. The buzzards might not hang there and keep them from chewing on the vehicles. Im hoping the night time restrictions will discourage at least some of the cast netting which will undoubtably ramp up with warmer weather and spawning season.

Last edited by TomRom; 01/05/21 12:54 AM.
Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13835971 01/07/21 04:56 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
S
Skeeter John Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
Are you sure about the closing of the gate? I doubt they lock you in. What if you have a medical emergency, they can't trap you. I was told you need a code to get in, but you can get out as needed. I believe there is a sensor for exiting.

Re: Fayette [Re: TomRom] #13835977 01/07/21 04:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
S
Skeeter John Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by TomRom
Yes. The new management company hired by LCRA manages a bunch of parks according to the new park manager. They requested and got around $3 million to upgrade the facilities. They are also committed to making the facility more secure and make sure that people using the facility are paying to get in. They also implemented new hours. The gates will no open until 5 am and close at 8 pm. So if you are there after 8 you are there for the night. They cleaned out all of the hiking trails which will aid in seeing any activity near the water. So hopefully all of the trash left around the lake below the trail will stop. Also any other illegal activity as well.

They are doing their best to try to keep the buzzards off of the cars. If you hear air horns that means they are out there chasing them off or at least trying too. I bought and now use a truck cover. This past December the buzzards did close to $2000 damage to my truck while I was fishing. If park management can now discourage people from cleaning all the tilapia by the boat ramp it will eliminate a food source. The buzzards might not hang there and keep them from chewing on the vehicles. Im hoping the night time restrictions will discourage at least some of the cast netting which will undoubtably ramp up with warmer weather and spawning season.



I had issues with the buzzards well before I recall any netters out there, but the dead fish definitely don't help. Because tilapia are invasive or not native, you are required to remove their intestines before you leave the lake.

Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13836509 01/07/21 09:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 59,921
banker-always fishing Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 59,921
thumb



Side Note: Your trout hole is producing very well! hooked


[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Fayette [Re: banker-always fishing] #13836542 01/07/21 09:29 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,288
B
BillS2006 Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,288
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
thumb



Side Note: Your trout hole is producing very well! hooked


That's it, go catch them all while I'm having to take care of business! Are they about the same size as last year?


The United States used to be "One Nation Under God". What happened?
Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13836702 01/07/21 11:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 189
L
Liebers Dad Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 189
Great news, thanks! I launch at Park Prairie, but the new folks seem incredibly nice and helpful. they have a gate, but i've not seen it closed. can't speak to the water level as i dont launch from oak thicket, but it looks about the same as park prairie. depending on which direction the truck decides to drive i may be there this weekend. army green '93 skeeter with an old guy on the front, cigar in mouth, beer in hand, rod in the other or hopefully a fish!


I didn't lose him at the boat. I shook him off cause I didn't want my hands to get "fishy"
Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13843410 01/12/21 05:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
S
Skeeter John Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
I talked to the park rangers last week. They did confirm the gate automatically opens on the way out. I forgot to ask if they sprayed the cattails from the ramp to the other side of the cabins. I'm pretty sure they did since they suddenly were dead just in that area.

Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13843536 01/12/21 07:03 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,486
V
Vogey Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
V
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,486
They did spray the reeds last year...we were there the day they did it...from an air boat...very loud !

Re: Fayette [Re: Vogey] #13844112 01/13/21 01:02 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,461
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
R
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,461
Originally Posted by Vogey
They did spray the reeds last year...we were there the day they did it...from an air boat...very loud !


Why in the he77 did they have to spray the cattails? Or the reeds? Were they breaking loose, drifting over to the intake and shutting down the plant?


Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Fayette [Re: Rayzor] #13844226 01/13/21 02:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 269
A
Aggiebasser05 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
A
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 269
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by Vogey
They did spray the reeds last year...we were there the day they did it...from an air boat...very loud !


Why in the he77 did they have to spray the cattails? Or the reeds? Were they breaking loose, drifting over to the intake and shutting down the plant?


The new management company had it done to add a bunch of new stuff. Several new docks going in, swimming area is being added. The cattails were only sprayed on the park shoreline

Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13844292 01/13/21 02:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,486
V
Vogey Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
V
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,486
The areas they sprayed is not a big deal. Only the areas around the Oak Thicket launch area, fishing pier, and cabins. 90 percent of the lake still has plenty of reeds. I think this will help the bank fisherpeople...especially those who stay in the cabins. I am also guessing that is why they just stocked all the bluegill...for the bank fishers..although I have a feeling the bass have already swallowed up quite a few of those dudes.

Re: Fayette [Re: BillS2006] #13847681 01/15/21 08:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
S
Skeeter John Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 123
I think it got misinterpreted that they had sprayed all cattails, they didn't, just the ones on the shoreline in front of the cabins and down to the ramp, not a major deal. I hope they put a pier or dock for the cabins. We stay there 1-2X/year and can't pull up to the shore because it is so shallow.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3