Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833283 01/05/21 09:38 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Masks don't keep you from getting COVID. Masks help prevent you from spreading it to others. But you anti-maskers and science deniers fail to comprehend the actual facts. Proper cleaning your hands is the #1 defense for you from getting the virus.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: Fishin' Nut] #13833286 01/05/21 09:40 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Masks don't keep you from getting COVID. Masks help prevent you from spreading it to others. But you anti-maskers and science deniers fail to comprehend the actual facts. Proper cleaning your hands is the #1 defense for you from getting the virus.

Hey now! Another militant internet expert!

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833313 01/05/21 09:58 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by PaulGrapevine
Originally Posted by soggybottom
ok, not trying to be heartless, BUT according to the stats it is VERY unlikely that anyone would know more than one even acquaintance that has died from Covid and that is even if they are old and compromised.
If you personally know more than one person that has died it is a mathematically anomaly. .015% tops.
That being said wash your hands. I just got back from interior Mexico where there is a very high rate and they were very strict. everyone wore masks all the time everywhere inside and out and most places would take your temp before entering and it hasnt helped apparently.

I didn’t know anyone that had died of it until I knew 2 that died days apart. You calling me a liar? Happy to bet as much money as you want that I can prove I know 2 people that died the last week of December both from Covid related illness. I’m more than happy to make some money off your heartlessness. Should I put some stuff in all CAPS to make it sound like my head is in my arse?

I wasnt calling anyone a liar? BUT there have been only 27000 out of the almost 2mil. people die of Covid since the beginning in TX, so for someone to know 3 to even 8 people that have died of Covid is way out of the norm unless you work at a nursing home. It would be like knowing 5 people that own a Fiat 500.

pledge= fishstick
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: soggybottom] #13833317 01/05/21 10:00 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
ok, not trying to be heartless, BUT according to the stats it is VERY unlikely that anyone would know more than one even acquaintance that has died from Covid and that is even if they are old and compromised.
If you personally know more than one person that has died it is a mathematically anomaly. .015% tops.
That being said wash your hands. I just got back from interior Mexico where there is a very high rate and they were very strict. everyone wore masks all the time everywhere inside and out and most places would take your temp before entering and it hasnt helped apparently.

I didn’t know anyone that had died of it until I knew 2 that died days apart. You calling me a liar? Happy to bet as much money as you want that I can prove I know 2 people that died the last week of December both from Covid related illness. I’m more than happy to make some money off your heartlessness. Should I put some stuff in all CAPS to make it sound like my head is in my arse?

I wasnt calling anyone a liar? BUT there have been only 27000 out of the almost 2mil. people die of Covid since the beginning in TX, so for someone to know 3 to even 8 people that have died of Covid is way out of the norm unless you work at a nursing home. It would be like knowing 5 people that own a Fiat 500.

You do realize that 100, perhaps even 1,000 people could personally know a single person?

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: Fishin' Nut] #13833337 01/05/21 10:18 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Masks don't keep you from getting COVID. Masks help prevent you from spreading it to others.

I agree, but I really wonder if the benefit of mask wearing (lower risks of spreading it) is offset by increasing the risk of getting it from the mask. Think about it, you touch all these things, then touch your mask, and put it on your face. This is as bad as touching your face all the time. The only way to avoid this risk is to wash your hand before you put it on, then wash them again when you take it off. My guess 98% of the people out there do not do that, me included.

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: Icepick] #13833338 01/05/21 10:19 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Icepick

You do realize that 100, perhaps even 1,000 people could personally know a single person?

sure you might know that one person along with 100 others but those 100 others most likely wont also know the other people that died.

pledge= fishstick
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: soggybottom] #13833341 01/05/21 10:25 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B

I’m not sure those numbers add up. But I really don’t care....

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: viet] #13833353 01/05/21 10:35 PM
wiredog Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by viet
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Holzer
To all of the anti maskers, are you reading this?

as nothing to do with mask some will have no symptoms some will die. I have friends who are RN nurses who refuse to wear the mask she says mask are absolutely useless in this. When you have RN nurse who won't wear them and work next to this virus, that says it all for me. My Dr has had it and same thing he says mask are useless to. I am sorry but to much disinformation in all of this. I guess will can all just take placebo pills to. They are about as much use in this as mask

Clueless posts like this are why there is so much censorship nowadays.

Pot meet kettle

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833365 01/05/21 10:43 PM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Wear your mask

I’m pretty sore there are many stories/resources state wearing a mask can prevent illness many years back. Many years

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833368 01/05/21 10:46 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833415 01/05/21 11:38 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've known 3 work related contacts who have died now.

And a number of others with severe illness and hospitalization to no real symptoms at all.

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: John175☮] #13833424 01/05/21 11:41 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

...and this is the kind of misinformation that causes issues. This is anecdotal at best even if either of these folks are infectious disease experts. I would think the most experienced experts would prevail, but unfortunately not for some folks. Even the fact that practically every infectious disease expert in countries around the world are making the same recommendation isn't enough. Too many folks still managing public health based on the "I got a friend" network of information.

I don't look towards politicians or their appointees for guidance. I'll hear them out and follow their instructions but will grade them on their accuracy and effectiveness. So far Fauci gets a D-. If masks and shutdowns worked then we would not be in the mess we are currently in. COVID is no joke. Nobody said it was. Masking and social distancing is effective as long as those in the high risk categories isolate themselves.

It's real, it's here, it will kill its way through our population. Get off your high horse because listening to government workers is worshiping lifers milking the system...government workers are botching the distribution of the vaccines.

I do not own a high horse and, if you knew me, you would know I don't worship anyone on this earth. Again, I don't understand what makes you believe you can evaluate the veracity of information to the point of ignoring it. Also, I don't think you can accurately judge the effectiveness of shutdowns and masks because you don't know where we would be if those things had not occurred. Not saying you in particular, but the internet has made way too many people think they know more than they really do.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: COVID is no joke [Re: PaulGrapevine] #13833428 01/05/21 11:45 PM
T
TxBassSniper Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
At my job I come into contact with at least 40-50 different people a day. I wear a fresh mask every day and use alcohol to clean my hands several times a day. Four people at work have had it and all but one were doing what are considered risky activities after work (going to bars, hooking up with strange) on a regular basis.
Personally, I went to Specs bought a bottle of 180 proof put it in a rubbing alcohol bottles. I clean my hands, phone and desk with it often. Just went to HEB wore my mask and sunglasses and when I got in the truck I broke out the alcohol and scrubbed my hands, glasses and credit card with it for 30 seconds. It may sound like overkill but my wife is high risk due to asthma.

The questions I have are, if this is airborne and you can get it from touching your eyes, nose or mouth before cleaning your hands, why are the "experts" not recommending eye protection?

The other question to the anti-mask people is, how do you think the virus is spread if it is not airborne and people are cleaning their hands regularly?

BTW all four people were between 25-55 and all recovered with only lasting effects being loss of taste and smell.

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: TxBassSniper] #13833430 01/05/21 11:48 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by John Peebles
At my job I come into contact with at least 40-50 different people a day. I wear a fresh mask every day and use alcohol to clean my hands several times a day. Four people at work have had it and all but one were doing what are considered risky activities after work (going to bars, hooking up with strange) on a regular basis.
Personally, I went to Specs bought a bottle of 180 proof put it in a rubbing alcohol bottles. I clean my hands, phone and desk with it often. Just went to HEB wore my mask and sunglasses and when I got in the truck I broke out the alcohol and scrubbed my hands, glasses and credit card with it for 30 seconds. It may sound like overkill but my wife is high risk due to asthma.

The questions I have are, if this is airborne and you can get it from touching your eyes, nose or mouth before cleaning your hands, why are the "experts" not recommending eye protection?

The other question to the anti-mask people is, how do you think the virus is spread if it is not airborne and people are cleaning their hands regularly?

BTW all four people were between 25-55 and all recovered with only lasting effects being loss of taste and smell.

I do the same thing as my wife also has asthma. Better to be on the safe side.

Re: COVID is no joke [Re: Ted Dyer] #13833449 01/06/21 12:16 AM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
Not saying you in particular, but the internet has made way too many people think they know more than they really do.

I agree. The internet made many stupid people experts.

The real smart people are in the private sector...not government.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide