Page 1 of 2 1 2
CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! #13830801 01/03/21 11:03 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Next Sat January 9th from 12-4pm at Fun and Sun Sports Center in Hurst. There will be a fish fry from 12 until it runs out on a donation basis I believe. Lots of door prizes and a panel of speakers including the most recent winners of the Crappie Expo Jerry Hancock and Paul Obier. Also Clay Gann, Dan Langston, and myself will be discussing wintertime crappie fishing. If your not shanking slabs in the face next weekend stop by! Looking forward to getting another year going! Anybody thinking about joining a crappie club or fishing tourneys would be crazy not to join CAT. They will also be affiliated with Crappie Masters next year as well. Can earn entry to fish the Crappie Masters National Championship without even leaving Texas! Not bad!! woot

Slew thumb

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13830923 01/04/21 01:14 AM
ERNEST PATY Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
None of my business I guess but why have a gathering like this when the Covid-19 epidemic is so rampant.

Ernest Paty 214-202-7866
catchcrappie@aol.com

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13831095 01/04/21 03:32 AM
S
Slewfoot Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
I’m not on the board so I won’t speak for them. I’m just simply relaying the info but I would say if your sick, at risk, or have health concerns please stay at home. It’s a nasty virus for sure. Crazy how some folks don’t even know they have it and others die in a couple days. Spooky stuff.

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13831178 01/04/21 04:42 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Dang it, I have been so busy, caring for a buddy who contracted Covid (Kung Flu) while in the hospital for a heart attack, I just don’t realize how time flies by anymore. Seems the Covid thing, was no big deal, other than they kept him for another three weeks (rather than three days from the heart attack)...guess the hospitals need the money that the feds are shelling out. I went and saw him during recovery (over 4 hours), and he tested negative. Two days later he tested positive and the isolated him for another two plus weeks, and he NEVER had a symptom (his own words). Anyway, everyone seems to die WITH Covid, not BECAUSE of Covid. Rant Over.

Slewfoot good to hear you Cat guys are still doing well, give my best regards, and sadly, I will not be able to attend the hurst function, as helping my buddy get get back on his feet, has caused me to get way behind the 8 ball, with business and my sweet wife’s honey do’s list. Hope y’all can see your way to attend the Murval potlikker special ole Troy puts on this year!

Beep, Beep, Beep...this is Crapicat, your action news reporter, informing everyone Ernest is in the house! Hello Ernest! I hope you are doing well! For any of you newer TFF guys/gals, Ernest, as I understand it, was the FOUNDER of CAT. Not only that, but in my humble opinion (and after fishing with nearly everyone that would have a counter claim) is not only a TRUE MASTER Crappie Fisherman, but is also the best Master Crappie Fisherman I have ever had the pleasure of fishing with. He taught me more tactics, in less time than five of the others, combined, bar none. Ernest you keep up the good fishing, and please keep teaching kids how it done!

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13832889 01/05/21 03:56 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Is this an outdoor event? I'm interested.

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13832954 01/05/21 04:52 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Thank you for posting this Todd! You beat us to it. I'm not sure why someone tried to hijack the thread, but we do appreciate your support and taking the time to come talk crappie fishing this Saturday.

Like Todd said, there will be fried fish for the masses, and a whole bunch good times to be had. Some of the best sticks in the industry will be providing top notch and hard earned information on how to catch fish right now, and in the next few months. We would love to see you this Saturday at the Fun-N-Sun Boat center in Hurst, Tx from 12-4pm.

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: ThaDudeAbides] #13832961 01/05/21 04:58 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
Is this an outdoor event? I'm interested.

I dont think it is

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833009 01/05/21 05:40 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
TheDudeAbides, this will be held indoors, but the store has huge bay doors to move boats in and out, so it has that open air feel to it if that makes sense.

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Laner] #13833145 01/05/21 07:43 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Laner
TheDudeAbides, this will be held indoors, but the store has huge bay doors to move boats in and out, so it has that open air feel to it if that makes sense.

thumb

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833192 01/05/21 08:20 PM
E
Eric Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
E
I have friends that have been very sick from Covid. A few deaths. If you consider Ernests or THA DUDEs post a hijack I am also a hijjacker but they beat me to my post. I love to fish and talk fish but as they say on Shark Tank..........I am out !!! See you next year...hopefully

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833196 01/05/21 08:25 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
I wont be there either. Just have to be on the safe side this year.

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833444 01/06/21 12:08 AM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Just a couple stories:

No doubt this virus is all over the map. You can have someone have it and not even know it because they are asymptomatic (No Symptoms).

I know people in my circle that it was like having the flu or a cold. Runny nose, sore throat, headache, body aches, tired or fatigued, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, some had fever and some had no fever, some had a persistent cough and others no cough.

There have been folks it hits them so hard they end up in the hospital and some eventually end up in ICU.

I had one of my coworkers end up on a ventilator and he made it, but there were a couple days we did not know if he would in all honesty.
I have another coworker fighting for his life on the ventilator as I type this and no idea how it is going to end for him.
I had another coworker get it and within 14 days he was dead. He was 35 years old and no underlying health conditions.

Christmas is a big deal for my family as it is for many and I was going to have to work so we were planning on just holding our Christmas on a day when everyone in my family could make it work with their work schedules.
At the last moment I was able to work out a trade at work and I was going to be home Christmas Day in the evening. My wife sent out a group text and we were going to make Christmas happen on Christmas Day. My wife was busy making her grocery list for the meal she wanted to prepare and how many pies she wanted to make etc. Wrapping presents and so forth.

My oldest son an ICU nurse called and said can I talk to you for a moment Dad. I said absolutely what is on your mind.
He then proceeded to tell me that in his heart of hearts he felt that we would all be ok if we got together for Christmas, but he was also alarmed after what he was seeing at work and what he had dealt with just a few hours earlier.
He proceeded to tell me that yes most people who get Covid make it. He then stated the ones who it hits hard and they get sick enough to end up in the hospital that it really hits them hard. The numbers were up and they had more patients than beds at his hospital.

Earlier he had a patient that was 76 and he decided that he wanted to have Thanksgiving with his family. His entire family got together and they held Thanksgiving Dinner.
Around the first week of December the father got sick and ended up in the hospital. He tested positive for Covid. He ended up in the ICU and my son had been taking care of him since his arrival in ICU. Once the father tested positive the daughters both in their 30's got tested and they tested positive. Were they asymptomatic and gave it to their Dad? Did the Dad give it to them? No way of knowing for sure how or who had it first. This gentleman got to say goodbye to his family via FaceTime on an iPad. My son held his hand and stayed with him until he took his last breath so he would not be alone.

That was my sons day at work. He then said to me I do not think we should get together right now. Made me pause and think about what he just told me. I was actually speechless.

We could do it and in 3 weeks we could be going to a funeral like this family.

Of course there is always the other side of the argument where you could have gotten together and had Christmas. Then 3 weeks later it is your time to get called home and you had a Christmas one last time as a family.

I see both sides of the argument.

We decided to cancel Christmas for the time being to be on the safe side. I believe it was the right move for us.

After we cancelled my niece ended up testing positive the day after Christmas. She would have been at our gathering.
My wife's sister ended up on Quarantine due to close contact with a coworker who tested positive and she would have been at the gathering as well.

Just between the two of them it could have affected and possibly infected our entire family. We felt like we dodged a bullet.

There was a family that wanted to celebrate their grandfathers 99 birthday. The entire family went on quarantine for 14 days. They all got tested. They held the birthday party. The entire family tested positive after the party.
They took all the precautions and yet they still caught it. They all survived thankfully.

I had another coworker just get back from Disneyworld two days ago. The entire family is sick and they all tested positive.

I would say just like my son that most do survive.

I am sure my coworker who passed at 35 and his family have a different viewpoint.
I am sure the family that just lost their Dad from Covid 3 days before Christmas also have a differing viewpoint. Probably second guessing and what if's.

When it is our time it is our time.

We can also do some things that try to help prevent speeding up the meeting if you will. (Just my opinion)

I am still in awe and heartbroken of what transpired at Tawokini just a few weeks ago. So very sad and tragic and probably avoidable, but it happened nonetheless.

I am ready for things to get back to the way they were prior to Covid as I am sure we all are.

Everything is good until it is not.

I pray for the families that have been affected by this horrible virus.

I wish everyone good health and Tight Lines in the coming year.

If you do attend I pray for everyone to have a safe and fun time.

I hope I do not come across as a thread hijack. Just trying to add a little perspective from some things that I have seen over the last couple weeks.

I hope the event is fun and informative as I expect it to be for those that are able to go.

Be Safe and God Bless.

Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833501 01/06/21 01:11 AM
Magged Out Online Confused
TFF Guru
Online Confused
TFF Guru
Man I'd be there if it wasn't 245 Miles one way 😕

I'd Tack That!!
Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833518 01/06/21 01:19 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Sounds like good times Slewfoot and great line up of speakers. Glad CAT decided to hold the event. Everyone can make up their own mind about what they want to do. When someone cancels an event, the ability to make a free decision is removed as the decision has already been made for them.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: CAT 2021 Extravaganza!!!! [Re: Slewfoot] #13833540 01/06/21 01:33 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

"Mask Up"...I will be there and I will be Mask Up and keeping a safe distance. If I feel the slightest of anything that morning of I will be staying home.
Stay Safe Y'all...

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide