Print Thread
SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE #1097858 01/10/07 03:19 AM
M
Mauxdisette Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
For those of you who recently attended the Arlington expo, I'm sure many of you will remember a booth with a guy bragging about all of the many large fish he has stocked in his small ponds in Aledo (SupremeBass Fishing) and how fishing there was better than a using a guide service because the big fish were basically guaranteed. He told stories of the many lunker trout and bass that were in there and even told us that there were so many fish in his ponds that he had to aerate them to keep the feces from making the water toxic. For half a day of fishing for $35, we would be catching fish of a lifetime, or so they try to advertise.

My brother and I bought in to this sales pitch and went out there today. From 11-3:30, we did not get a single bite. We threw every type of lure that we had and could not buy a bite. There were several other anglers out there and they barely caught fish, certainly not $35 or $70 (full day) worth. The several fish we did see caught were certainly nothing to brag about and again, not worth $35 or $70. We even tried our luck at the catfish pond where they claim they have it loaded with 15-55 lb. catfish. The pond is very small and we sat there over an hour with shad (what he told me to buy) and never got a hit. I used to work at a catfish pond and never went an hour without getting some action. So after 4 hours and $70 between the both of us, we decided we wanted to leave and get our money back.

Quotes straight from their website:

Our main goal is for our visitors to catch fish, have fun, and enjoy a truly wonderful fishing experience.

If you want to visit this fishing paradise, call and make your reservation.

If you are a father who wants to take his son out where he can catch quality fish
and have an experience you will both treasure, Supreme Bass may be just what
the doctor ordered. Or, would you like to take a customer out who loves to fish,
but you don't want to go through the hassles of a major hit or miss guided boat
trip or a long drive? Try SupremeBass, we also provide a complete restroom.
Are you a doting grandfather or grandmother? Do you have a grandchild who
loves to catch big fish, and lots of them! Bring them to SupremeBass for an
excellent day of fishing.

Now I realize why fishing is not called catching and that everyone has their bad days. I am even aware that there probably are some big fish in the ponds, but when they advertise these paradise ponds to have 300+ lbs. of fish per acre you would expect to catch fish relatively easy (even on fairly windy days like today), or at the least 1 or 2 per hour. When I asked about getting my money back for misrepresentation of a business, he didnt try to ensure I was having a good time, try to help us out, or give us the option to come back out some other time, no, instead, one of them belittled me by comparing my fishing skills to his 8 year old grandson and then had the nerve to say, "When you go golfing, do you ask for your money back if you dont shoot par?" Well, I WOULD ask for it back if I paid a lot of money for it and they told me that the golf course was designed for that to happen. He then told me it wasn't up to him but someone else. I left that someone else a message on his mobile and he never called me back. They in no way acted like they cared that two of their paying customers were unhappy and very unsuccessful. Im sure people have had some good days out there and maybe a lunker or two have been caught, but this outfit is in no way the fishing paradise they are advertising themselves as. If fishing there was better than using a guide, wouldnt it make common sense to offer the same deals that many guides do, no fish, no pay and for them to ensure that their customers are pleased and will want to come back or at least generate positive buzz about them? BEWARE.

P.S. I came home and decided to fish in a local craphole pond just for the heck of it and caught 2 bass right off the bat. Your $35 or $70 for a half day of fishing would be better spent on new tackle.

"You don't outgrow playgrounds, they just get bigger with time."

Sharelunker #380 - 13.82 - Alan Henry

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Mauxdisette] #1097891 01/10/07 03:34 AM
T
txbazzman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thank you for warning us!!!

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Mauxdisette] #1100358 01/11/07 05:57 AM
D
Doug Martin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Thanks for the warning! I'm real sorry you didn't get your money back. I know several anglers east and west of Aledo, and I'll tell them all of your experience.
I did notice that nowhere in your quotes from SupremeBass did they offer "satisfaction guaranteed." If that is the case, they wouldn't be legally obligated to refund your money. So your only satisfaction would be to do what you've already done: spread the word of warning so others won't waste their time and hard-earned money. And maybe put a dent in SupremeBass's business.

"I go a fishing," John 21:3
Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Doug Martin] #1100426 01/11/07 10:48 AM
321cba Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
i have spent several days fishing these lakes with great success. winter fishing is tough anywhere on small and large bodies of water. give it another try when the spring temps arrive and you might feel different by then.

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: 321cba] #1100742 01/11/07 03:36 PM
W
Woolybugger Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
W
Sounds like the customer service was terrible. Instead of insulting you personally, he should have offered a free pass for a future visit.

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home. ~Roderick Haig-Brown, Fisherman's Spring, 1951

If you thought healthcare was expensive, ... wait until it's free
Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Woolybugger] #1103145 01/12/07 05:12 PM
2-stroke Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
No kidding, you'd think they'd invite ya back if you were there on an off day - it's not like it costs 'em anything.

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: 2-stroke] #1104840 01/13/07 04:48 AM
H
huntman933 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
That stinks! I would call them back and get a rain check! I know for a fact the bite has been bad in the ponds the last 2-3 days. I have fished my pond twice in the last 2 days and have only landed 1 bass! For my pond that is way slow!! I would make sure I got my monies worth and go back once the weather gives us a break.

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Mauxdisette] #13828767 01/02/21 03:57 AM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I use to fish the pond 10 years ago and it was good.. I would call the call again.. I don't know if it is the management as the past..

Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Mauxdisette] #13829791 01/03/21 01:27 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Hard to figure out. I have never fished at "Commercialized Private Ponds" before. I am familiar with several game ranches that offer fishing on their ponds and I have friends who have fished them. My friends who have fished them all had good days and caught bass in the 3 to 7 pound range. They did not catch a bunch but were totally satisfied in what they did catch. I do not know how much they paid but I do know is was much more than $70.00 a day. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: SupremeBass fishing in Aledo is a ripoff !! BEWARE [Re: Mauxdisette] #13829952 01/03/21 03:00 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Y’all done dug up and found a 13 plus year old thread. How? I can’t even find things from 2weeks ago

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide