texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
TX Salty Bay, AggieBowhunter13, JamesWillingham03, LakeNTrail scott, Cory6996
115215 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 101,771
hopalong 96,108
Pilothawk 80,815
John175☮ 78,914
Bigbob_FTW 73,116
JDavis7873 67,402
Derek 🐝 66,449
Mark Perry 62,605
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,146,541
Posts15,671,945
Members140,215
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Non Slip Deck Cleaner #13829950 01/03/21 03:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
learnin to fish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
What are y’all using? I tried Starbright Deck cleaner and it helps some but doesn’t get the stains out. My boat is only 6 months old and the nonslip looks bad. I scrub it every time out and still isn’t bright and cleaning looking. I even tried compound with my buffer but didn’t get the results I hoped for. I bought some sealer for the non slip once I get it clean but not sure how to get it clean so I can use the sealer. I’ve seen that Softscrub works good if only used every now and then so it doesn’t ruin the fiberglass. Any thoughts?

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13830521 01/03/21 06:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 96,108
hopalong Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 96,108
mold/mildew, dirt, krud?

what is causing the discoloration?


" Hop, set the hook"!

TexDawg 99,999

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13831999 01/04/21 09:30 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 402
ACES82 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 402
I used simple green on my deck yesterday, did a pretty good job of cleaning it.


Never Outsmart Common Sense.
Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13832009 01/04/21 09:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
Pressure washer

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: hopalong] #13832124 01/04/21 11:21 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
learnin to fish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
It is a mixture of ground in dirt and black marks from shoes. No mildew. I scrub the heck out of it each time I fish but can’t keep it as clean as I want to. The boat is only 6 months old. First time I stepped in it I left a foot print of my shoe. I guess the unsealed fiberglass non slip soaks up everything.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13832251 01/05/21 12:52 AM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
Originally Posted by learnin to fish
It is a mixture of ground in dirt and black marks from shoes. No mildew. I scrub the heck out of it each time I fish but can’t keep it as clean as I want to. The boat is only 6 months old. First time I stepped in it I left a foot print of my shoe. I guess the unsealed fiberglass non slip soaks up everything.


I'll say it a second time. PRESSURE WASHER. I have a bay boat and have the same problem. The non skid gets dirty just looking at it. Pressure washer takes it right off.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: tmd11111] #13832522 01/05/21 08:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 96,108
hopalong Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 96,108
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by learnin to fish
It is a mixture of ground in dirt and black marks from shoes. No mildew. I scrub the heck out of it each time I fish but can’t keep it as clean as I want to. The boat is only 6 months old. First time I stepped in it I left a foot print of my shoe. I guess the unsealed fiberglass non slip soaks up everything.


I'll say it a second time. PRESSURE WASHER. I have a bay boat and have the same problem. The non skid gets dirty just looking at it. Pressure washer takes it right off.

thumb

this, then get some protec and seal it, wipe on, wipe off danielsohn. use the protec on the whole boat, best stuff out there for glass boats.

https://protecproducts.com/all-products/sealant-polish.html


" Hop, set the hook"!

TexDawg 99,999

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13833172 01/05/21 08:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 956
J
Jerry713 Online Happy
Pro Angler
Online Happy
Pro Angler
J
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 956


You get out of it what you put into it!
Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: tmd11111] #13839597 01/09/21 09:39 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
learnin to fish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
What PSI pressure washer do you have? I tried mine today and it did ok but not like I had hoped. Mine is a 2000 PSI machine. It is about 18 years old so probably not pushing a true 2000 psi. I will seal the nonskid once I get it clean but haven’t gotten it clean enough to seal yet.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13839714 01/09/21 11:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 5,398
Originally Posted by learnin to fish
What PSI pressure washer do you have? I tried mine today and it did ok but not like I had hoped. Mine is a 2000 PSI machine. It is about 18 years old so probably not pushing a true 2000 psi. I will seal the nonskid once I get it clean but haven’t gotten it clean enough to seal yet.


Mines 2800 psi and i use the 15 degree nozzle. Keep the nozzle about 6" from the surface and sweep back and forth.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13843189 01/12/21 03:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,937
H
Holzer Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,937
My pressure washer does help a lot, but it doesn't get everything.
I have a scrub brush that I got from Home Depot (short stiff brush). And I also get the cheap, scrub/clorox powder type cleaner from the dollar store. I think it's Ajax or Comet.
Put that scrub powder on thick, scrub the booger down until you are pooped and then hit it with the power washer.
After that, there will not be a speck of dirt, grime, mildew, etc. left behind.


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13843400 01/12/21 05:12 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
learnin to fish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13871808 02/03/21 04:07 AM
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 177
Whaler-170 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 177
Get it clean then keep woody wax on it. Woody wax is made for non skid deck surfaces, keeps the grime from sticking. I use it after every wash on mine.

Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: learnin to fish] #13871844 02/03/21 06:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 5,304
V-Bottom Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 5,304
Originally Posted by learnin to fish
What are y’all using? I tried Starbright Deck cleaner and it helps some but doesn’t get the stains out. My boat is only 6 months old and the nonslip looks bad. I scrub it every time out and still isn’t bright and cleaning looking. I even tried compound with my buffer but didn’t get the results I hoped for. I bought some sealer for the non slip once I get it clean but not sure how to get it clean so I can use the sealer. I’ve seen that Softscrub works good if only used every now and then so it doesn’t ruin the fiberglass. Any thoughts?


Scrubbin' Bubbles...... Starbrite Hull Cleaner


Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com




Re: Non Slip Deck Cleaner [Re: Whaler-170] #13872689 02/03/21 09:26 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,937
H
Holzer Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
Online Shocked
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,937
Originally Posted by Whaler-170
Get it clean then keep woody wax on it. Woody wax is made for non skid deck surfaces, keeps the grime from sticking. I use it after every wash on mine.


Never seen that stuff. Where do you buy yours?


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3