Forums59
Topics1,039,181
Posts13,960,478
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: Rocky Robison] #13826942 12/31/20 11:06 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Rocky Robison
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
On my 2 boats.
2017 FX21 I recently bought, right now it has a 112 Ultrex US2, a Mega 360 Xducer I recently put on, a HDS 9 Gen 3 on the bow networked, a Helix 9 MDI G3N for just the Mega 360 or SI on bow I recently put on and a Carbon 12 in console I recently put in with a LSS2 Xducer on the hole shot plate and a 2D in hull Xducer networked. A Minn Kota Heading Sensor for the Ultrex.

This is what I'm doing on it.
I have on order, a 52" Ghost w/AI 3n1 Xducer nosecone, Active Target Live Xducer and box, a Helix MDI 12 G4N for the Mega 360, and already have a new Carbon 12 that'll go on a BBT dual bow mount with the Helix 12, another AI 3n1 Xducer for the console Carbon 12 and a Point One puck sitting in the hall. All the Lowrances will be networked. The new Active Image Xducers have more crystals in them for DI and specifically on the sides for SI and are far better than the LSS and 3D series of Xducers. Are they as good as Mega ??? some say it's close, I'll find out but doubt it. Humminbird's Mega is really sharp on 360/DI/SI but lack on other stuff to me.
I might pick up another Helix 12 for the console to view 360 at the back tho, undecided right now.

My 97 SS90 has a Motorguide XI3 with 2 Striker 7SVs right now, but I have sitting in the hallway for it.
A 45" Minn Kota Terrova 55 US2 Xducer, 2 Garmin 93SV UHDs with GT54 Xducers, a Livescope box and Xducer with a Poleducer mount for the Livescope, a Mega 360 Xducer and a Cornfield Crappie Terrova mount for the Mega 360 Xducer and putting the Helix MDI 9 G3N that's on the FX on the 90 for viewing the Mega 360. Electronics on this boat are more $$ than the boat cost me a couple of years ago, lol.

I'll be selling the Ultrex w/remote, the heading sensor, the Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3, LSS2 Xducer, the 12volt Motorguide XI3 55 and the 2 Garmin Striker 7SVs w/GT52 Xducers soon.

For those saying the Garmin Livescope is better than the Lowrance Active Target Live. Go watch Russell Marine Products comparison. Justin sells both and gives a slight edge to the Lowrance. Also go watch some of Lance Vicks videos and he just took out a person that runs Livescope and this guy said if you had Lowrance units there would be no reason to switch to Garmins for Livescope in his opinion they're that close and Lance was just running his unit on factory settings, no adjustments.
It's mostly going to be individuals opinions and some will just say theirs is better because brand loyalty or just ignorance of not ever using the other.

I watched their ICE video comparison and I heard what was SAID, but I did not see what they claimed to see.

What I saw was not bubbles above the lowrance minnow that was a few specs of being able to see the line.

With the Garmin you could see much more of the line though it was never said. The Garmin what he was calling fuzz, in my opinion was stuff in the water which was not showing up on the lowrance, the garmin clearly is showing more if its showing more line then its showing more of everything.

I can totally see why they would SAY Lowrance is as good or better, they are in business of selling all 3 models, they want to sell them all, there are a whole bunch of guys who havent bought a complete Garmin set up who will buy the lowrance one just because they dont have to buy a screen.

The exciting part to GARMIN owners is what will they do NEXT to put themselves back out front??!!

If I was a lowrance guy I would buy a lowrance probably, though that transducer does look a whole lot bigger in every way, not sure about that hanging off my tm shaft.

I I was a h bird guy which I am I would probably buy a h bird set up, but I already bought Garmin when it came out so Im not likely to switch. They are going to say how the h bird one doesnt need a black box like thats a big deal. Thats all youll hear about it as if mounting a box is hard. The garmin screens weigh half of what the h bird ones do so my guess is the h bird already have the microprocessor needed in them etc. They are heavy.

Like my last statement said, there is going to be individuals opinions just like yours here and others, some just brand loyalty responses and some just ignorance. It's that way with everything!

You also questioned earlier, who had said Lowrance was better and I gave you some info you asked for and so did Steez. Now instead of just agreeing some people say in there opinions it's better, you want to debate their findings with what you think you see or their statements with your opinions or say they only made the statements because of sponsorships or to boost sales. That's fine, it is your opinion!

I'm not saying, I know or think 1 is better than the other, I have all 3 brands of graphs now and will find out myself about the live capabilities of all 3 brands in the near future. I've used Lowrance for years and had sponsorships with them and Humminbird in the past and no problems with either. I have used Livescope, Mega 360 and they are both great! One day I might find 1 brand that fulfills every niche or appeases me and go one brand. The competition is good for the industry. It benefits us consumers!

I truly believe Garmin is still ahead in the live technology and won't be surprised if Garmin doesn't come out with some kind of 4K module or simular in the near future that'll be just like watching underwater TV.

My mistake in my earlier post, it wasn't Lance Vick it was Clark Reehm.

I’m not debating anything. I’ve used live scope for two years. Just telling you factually what I saw In their video as a experienced live scope user with nothing to sell or agenda.

I only went and viewed it to try and see the same as you guys are seeing where lowrance is supposedly better, my apologies for trying to help others out on here.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13826988 12/31/20 11:33 PM
E
easttexasbucks Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Great responses. I am running 3 Lowrance Carbons linked together. I do have a Garmin Livescope on the bow as well. So I have Two Carbons at the console and one at the bow along with the Garmin. I am considering selling the Garmin and putting on Lowrances new active imaging and replacing the Garmin with the bird 360 mega. I really like the 360.

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13827023 12/31/20 11:55 PM
M
MCIPinkie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I got a 10' pole, and a string with a rock tied on it. Got it all for nothing. Don't work very well going fast, though.

I can remember when that was what we had.

In the early 60's, I was working for the Corps of Engineers doing river surveys. We had flashers in our boats to sound with.

I remember thinking "Man I wish I had one of these on my fishing boat." Mine you, I had a 15' aluminum john boat with a 10 HP motor.

Look at us now. We've people putting $30,000 worth of electronics on a bass boat. OR MORE !!

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13827051 01/01/21 12:11 AM
R
Rocky Robison Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R

I’m not debating anything. I’ve used live scope for two years. Just telling you factually what I saw In their video as a experienced live scope user with nothing to sell or agenda.

I only went and viewed it to try and see the same as you guys are seeing where lowrance is supposedly better, my apologies for trying to help others out on here.

No apologies necessary and helping people out is what makes this forum one of the best out there! Keep it up!
Please understand I'm not saying one is supposedly better. It was you that stated you hadn't seen anyone saying the Lowrance was better and Steez and I showed you several reputable people giving their opinions it was. So now you can't say you haven't seen it! That is and was my point! Have a great day and a happy new year!

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: Rocky Robison] #13827082 01/01/21 12:29 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

No apologies necessary and helping people out is what makes this forum one of the best out there! Keep it up!
Please understand I'm not saying one is supposedly better. It was you that stated you hadn't seen anyone saying the Lowrance was better and Steez and I showed you several reputable people giving their opinions it was. So now you can't say you haven't seen it! That is and was my point! Have a great day and a happy new year!

Are they reputable?

Id say calling the line bubbles and saying one is less good because it is actually picking up more in the water to include showing more line would be the opposite of reputable.. That would be marketing, salesmanship etc, trying to get the lowrance buyers.

Im just a fun fisherman who likes to buy the latest greatest stuff.

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13827230 01/01/21 02:48 AM
R
Rocky Robison Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R

Are they reputable?

Id say calling the line bubbles and saying one is less good because it is actually picking up more in the water to include showing more line would be the opposite of reputable.. That would be marketing, salesmanship etc, trying to get the lowrance buyers.

Im just a fun fisherman who likes to buy the latest greatest stuff.

Wow, you still don't get it! You go ahead and stay in your bliss! Goodbye and good day

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13827248 01/01/21 02:59 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Thank you for your permission to continue to be honest and share factual information with others.

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: Minner Bucket] #13827457 01/01/21 06:46 AM
D
dk2429 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by David Welcher
Originally Posted by dk2429
Garmin and Garmin only

+1

Garmin is the best right now.

No they aren’t, only in forward facing sonar. Have you not seen comparisons with Humminbird DI and SI? Birds images beat them all, plus lake master charts seem to be superior. Lowrance is a step ahead with waypoint management and traditional 2d. If any of these brands were the best in all aspects , then you wouldn’t see so many top professionals running multiple brands. There’s a reason Wheeler is running all 3 brands, each is great in certain aspects but not great in everything.

I don't know... All I know is, I fish inshore saltwater a lot too, and 99% of all the boats down here, especially the offshore rigs, run either Garmin or Raymarine. A lot of oceangoing ships also run Garmin for backup charts.. I've never seen a Lowrance or Humminbird provide navigation for land, air, and sea

I ran HDS7 and an 899ci HB. Now run echoMap's. Never going back. The Garmin charts are just superior in my opinion to navionics

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13827500 01/01/21 11:55 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I don't know... All I know is, I fish inshore saltwater a lot too, and 99% of all the boats down here, especially the offshore rigs, run either Garmin or Raymarine. A lot of oceangoing ships also run Garmin for backup charts.. I've never seen a Lowrance or Humminbird provide navigation for land, air, and sea

I ran HDS7 and an 899ci HB. Now run echoMap's. Never going back. The Garmin charts are just superior in my opinion to navionics

Most the saltwater rigs I've been around use Simrad

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13827610 01/01/21 02:34 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
humminbird g3 units are have a much improved sonar, the transducer is a larger than previous transducers

I dont think lowrance is ahead on anything any more. The only reason people like lowrance mapping is they are used to it, change is hard.

I like helix mapping. I can change the icon I drop for way points very easily while dropping it, so I use tree, log, rock, car, etc and have found no need to ever label anything unless I want to label some creek names on some Tx lakes so I can talk about where I was fishing to people who ask.

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: easttexasbucks] #13828979 01/02/21 02:28 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by dk2429
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by ezbassin
[quote=David Welcher][quote=dk2429]Garmin and Garmin only

Garmin is the best right now.

No they aren’t, only in forward facing sonar. Have you not seen comparisons with Humminbird DI and SI? Birds images beat them all, plus lake master charts seem to be superior. Lowrance is a step ahead with waypoint management and traditional 2d. If any of these brands were the best in all aspects , then you wouldn’t see so many top professionals running multiple brands. There’s a reason Wheeler is running all 3 brands, each is great in certain aspects but not great in everything.

garmin owns navionics now,

Re: Your opinion on Boat Electronics [Re: MCIPinkie] #13832673 01/05/21 01:43 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by MCIPinkie
I got a 10' pole, and a string with a rock tied on it. Got it all for nothing. Don't work very well going fast, though.

I can remember when that was what we had.

In the early 60's, I was working for the Corps of Engineers doing river surveys. We had flashers in our boats to sound with.

I remember thinking "Man I wish I had one of these on my fishing boat." Mine you, I had a 15' aluminum john boat with a 10 HP motor.

Look at us now. We've people putting $30,000 worth of electronics on a bass boat. OR MORE !!

Lol yup. And it is still not making people fish any better. But we all look cool....

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide