Forums59
Topics1,037,798
Posts13,934,678
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: TxBazzn] #13808839 12/16/20 08:05 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Originally Posted by Neal G
Roland & Scott seem to think so.
Has been (greats) should not be allowed back in taking a spot away from a new angler but then I realize that I forget that BASS (and MLF) is a media/marketing company first and foremost.
Hell I would rather see ol'Biggs or Castlerock get in then Roland.
wink

The Legends exemption does not take away a spot from anyone other than possibly another legend. It’s an addition to the normal field of Anglers. If it does not get used it does not go to another pro.

I’m not sure why that offends guys so much. The things these Legends did for this sport should be appreciated. It’s not hurting anyone and it adds a layer of entertainment.

It definitely sounded like Roland is taking that exemption.

Blows my mind how many here are ignorant to the Legends exemption. My guess is that Scott and Roland both want to have a season where they each competed together on the Elites.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13808843 12/16/20 08:09 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
YAY....would like to see him put the smack down one more time.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: texasfisherman1] #13808887 12/16/20 08:36 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by texasfisherman1
During a bass university seminar a couple of years ago, Roland spent the first several minutes complaining about tournament expenses and how sponsors wouldn't give him $80,000 to fish the elites through legends exemption. Even if he gets the exemption, he seems to believe he shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

I think that was Larry Nixon, if not I've heard the same song and dance from him

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: SC-001] #13808987 12/16/20 09:21 PM
texasfisherman1 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by SC-001
During a bass university seminar a couple of years ago, Roland spent the first several minutes complaining about tournament expenses and how sponsors wouldn't give him $80,000 to fish the elites through legends exemption. Even if he gets the exemption, he seems to believe he shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

I think that was Larry Nixon, if not I've heard the same song and dance from him

Maybe Nixon as well, but I'm 100% talking Martin, the seminar is recorded and I watched it today.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13809470 12/17/20 03:27 AM
M
MCIPinkie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
So what does that mean? I'm pretty sure all of the guys fishing the Elites get sponsor money, all they can. I'm sure some get their entries, and more, paid. Why shouldn't Roland, or Bill, or Larry, or George try, also.

It's a business, and an expensive one.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13811172 12/18/20 04:26 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Be nice if they would start a Senior tour farmer

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13811208 12/18/20 04:48 PM
ssmith Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
most of the money given out now is for what you can do to help product sales some guys who complain about ranger cutting pro staff is a cost cutting that is not having to be added to the product to the retail buyer . if you were in a boat show room an the dealer said the boat was 80k or if you would like to pay another grand to sponsor the pro staff of the boat co how many would kick in 0 .with the net now some boat builders have figured out you dont have to let as many memo or promotion deals out because they dont have to. as far as the senior tour who would pay for it they can barely keep the ones they have now funded. the reality is that most fishermen fish for their own money.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: texasfisherman1] #13811305 12/18/20 06:05 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Roland has plenty of his own cash to cover the fees.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13811316 12/18/20 06:19 PM
I
ibfish_n Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
I
100% THE MARTINS HAVE GAVE SO MUCH INTO THE FISHING INDUSTRY. PLUS AWESOME MARINA TO GO FISH OUT OF.

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13844197 01/13/21 01:51 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Guess they aren't, no legend exemptions this year so no Iaconelli either http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/21699/elite-series-will-have-101-competitors#.X_4-IVhMGbx
B.A.S.S. announced the field for the 2021 Elite Series today, which will consist of 101 anglers. Every angler from the 2020 roster is returning, along with 12 qualifiers from the Bassmaster Opens and the B.A.S.S. Nation champion.

“To have all of the guys back from last year says a lot about the positive momentum we have with the Bassmaster Elite Series,” said B.A.S.S. CEO Bruce Akin. “The reaction to last season was overwhelmingly positive from sponsors and fans. While they may not have always been able to join us lakeside for weigh-ins, B.A.S.S. fans cheered on each big moment while watching live coverage and encouraged their favorite anglers with messages on social media. We’re looking forward to adding 13 incredibly talented anglers into the mix.”

The list of returnees will include the legendary Clark Wendlandt, who fished a brilliant season to secure his first Bassmaster Angler of the Year title to go along with three FLW AOY crowns. Also returning are the six first-time Elite Series champions from 2020: Buddy Gross, Chris Johnston, Lee Livesay, Frank Talley, Patrick Walters and Bill Weidler.

They will be joined by a talented crop of rookies that includes Bryan New of Belmont, N.C., who won the Bassmaster Opens Angler of the Year title, along with overall qualifiers Marc Frazier of Newnan, Ga., and Matt Robertson of Kuttawa, Ky. The rookie anglers who qualified through the Central Opens are Darold Gleason of Many, La., and Kenta Kimura of Osaka, Japan. Justin Hamner of Northport, Ala., KJ Queen of Catawba, N.C., and Joshua Stracner of Vandiver, Ala., all qualified through the Eastern Opens and round out the rookie class.

Pat Schlapper of Eleva, Wis., will also join the rookie class after winning the B.A.S.S. Nation Championship on Pickwick Lake in November, but also earned an invitation via his Top-4 finish in Eastern Opens points.

Four additional anglers who qualified through the Opens Series points standings are joining the Elite field; however, any angler who has combined earnings of at least $500,000 with B.A.S.S. and FLW is not considered a rookie.

Scott Martin of Clewiston, Fla., earned an Elite Series invitation through the Eastern Opens division; however, while this will be his first season on the Elite Series, he will not be eligible for the 2021 Rookie of the Year race.

Instead, Martin will join Justin Atkins, Jason Christie and Greg Hackney as established anglers competing on the Elite Series. Atkins (No. 2 in Opens AOY points), Christie (No. 1 in Eastern Opens points) and Hackney (No. 2 in Eastern Opens points) all fished on the MLF Bass Pro Tour in 2020. Both Christie and Hackney have competed on the Elite Series previously, combining for six Elite event wins and an AOY title.

The 2021 Elite Series schedule will begin Feb. 11-14 at the St. Johns River in Palatka, Fla. From there, it will wind through six states for nine events as anglers compete for cash and prizes and attempt to qualify for the 2022 Bassmaster Classic. For the first time in history, every Bassmaster Elite Series event as well as the Bassmaster Classic will feature live television coverage on the FOX Sports platforms.

Each tournament will begin with the full field of anglers on days 1 and 2 before the field is cut to 50 for the semifinal round on Day 3. Only the Top 10 remaining anglers will fish the final day of each event with a $100,000 first-place prize on the line.

Bassmaster Elite Series Field

1. Matt Arey, Shelby, N.C.
2. Justin Atkins, Florence, Ala.
3. Todd Auten, Lake Wylie, S.C.
4. Drew Benton, Blakely, Ga.
5. Stetson Blaylock, Benton, Ark.
6. Scott Canterbury, Odenville, Ala.
7. Quentin Cappo, Prairieville, La.
8. Brandon Card, Salisbury, N.C.
9. Tyler Carriere, Youngsville, La.
10. Hank Cherry, Lincolnton, N.C.
11. Jason Christie, Park Hill, Okla.
12. Gary Clouse, Winchester, Tenn.
13. Rick Clunn, Ava, Mo.
14. Brandon Cobb, Greenwood, S.C.
15. Keith Combs, Huntington, Texas
16. Drew Cook, Cairo, Ga.
17. John Cox, DeBary, Fla.
18. John Crews, Salem, Va.
19. Clent Davis, Montevallo, Ala.
20. Destin DeMarion, Grove City, Pa.
21. Rob Digh, Denver, N.C.
22. Greg DiPalma, Millville, N.J.
23. Bob Downey, Hudson, Wis.
24. Seth Feider, New Market, Minn.
25. Austin Felix, Eden Prairie, Minn.
26. Marc Frazier, Newnan, Ga.
27. Micah Frazier, Newnan, Ga.
28. David Fritts, Lexington, N.C.
29. Darold Gleason, Many, La.
30. Chris Groh, Spring Grove, Ill.
31. Buddy Gross, Chickamauga, Ga.
32. Jeff Gustafson, Keewatin, Ontario, Canada
33. Greg Hackney, Gonzales, La.
34. Skylar Hamilton, Dandridge, Tenn.
35. Justin Hamner, Northport, Ala.
36. Ray Hanselman Jr., Del Rio, Texas
37. Jamie Hartman, Greenbrier, Ark.
38. Matt Herren, Ashville, Ala.
39. Dale Hightower, Mannford, Okla.
40. Cody Hollen, Beaverton, Ore.
41. Harvey Horne, Bella Vista, Ark.
42. Derek Hudnall, Denham Springs, La.
43. Mike Huff, Corbin, Ky.
44. Taku Ito, Okegawa, Japan
45. Kelley Jaye, Dadeville, Ala.
46. Carl Jocumsen, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
47. Chris Johnston, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
48. Cory Johnston, Cavan, Ontario, Canada
49. Steve Kennedy, Auburn, Ala.
50. Kenta Kimura, Osaka, Japan
51. Koby Kreiger, Alva, Fla.
52. Caleb Kuphall, Mukwonago, Wis.
53. Robbie Latuso, Gonzales, La.
54. Shane LeHew, Catawba, N.C.
55. Brandon Lester, Fayetteville, Tenn.
56. Shane Lineberger, Lincolnton, N.C.
57. Lee Livesay, Longview, Texas
58. Wes Logan, Springville, Ala.
59. Ed Loughran III, Richmond, Va.
60. Bill Lowen, Brookville, Ind.
61. Scott Martin, Clewiston, Fla.
62. Mark Menendez, Paducah, Ky.
63. Yusuke Miyazaki, Forney, Texas
64. Kyle Monti, Okeechobee, Fla.
65. Chad Morgenthaler, Reeds Spring, Mo.
66. Rick Morris, Virginia Beach, Va.
67. Brock Mosley, Collinsville, Miss.
68. Paul Mueller, Naugatuck, Conn.
69. David Mullins, Mt. Carmel, Tenn.
70. Bryan New, Belmont, N.C.
71. Brandon Palaniuk, Rathdrum, Idaho
72. Luke Palmer, Coalgate, Okla.
73. Garrett Paquette, Canton, Mich.
74. Randy Pierson, Oakdale, Calif.
75. Chad Pipkens, DeWitt, Mich.
76. Clifford Pirch, Payson, Ariz.
77. Brett Preuett, Monroe, La.
78. Cliff Prince, Palatka, Fla.
79. KJ Queen, Catawba, N.C.
80. Tyler Rivet, Raceland, La.
81. Matt Robertson, Kuttawa, Ky.
82. Pat Schlapper, Eleva, Wis.
83. Bryan Schmitt, Deale, Md.
84. Bernie Schultz, Gainesville, Fla.
85. Hunter Shryock, Newcomerstown, Ohio
86. Brian Snowden, Reeds Spring, Mo.
87. Joshua Stracner, Vandiver, Ala.
88. Randy Sullivan, Breckenridge, Texas
89. Caleb Sumrall, New Iberia, La.
90. Gerald Swindle, Guntersville, Ala.
91. Jesse Tacoronte, Orlando, Fla.
92. Frank Talley, Temple, Texas
93. Patrick Walters, Summerville, S.C.
94. Bill Weidler, Helena, Ala.
95. Kyle Welcher, Opelika, Ala.
96. Clark Wendlandt, Leander, Texas
97. Brad Whatley, Bivins, Texas
98. Jake Whitaker, Fairview, N.C.
99. Jason Williamson, Wagener, S.C.
100. Jay Yelas, Lincoln City, Ore.
101. Chris Zaldain, Fort Worth, Texas

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_art...1-competitors#.X_5SLFhMGby#ixzz6jO9bPWs2

Re: Are they exempting Roland into Bassmaster next year? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13844202 01/13/21 01:54 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
I am guessing they are holding hard and fast to you need to fish a full season of Opens that year before they consider an invite for someone with a Classic or AOY, thats how a couple got in last year.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide