Forums59
Topics1,039,207
Posts13,960,975
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: ko bass attack 27] #13803768 12/12/20 10:26 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Huh, if you look at the labor statistics union labor is more efficient and has better safety records than non union shops.

You're a union guy correct? I wouldn't expect you to post anything other than pro-union.

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: ko bass attack 27] #13803772 12/12/20 10:27 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Huh, if you look at the labor statistics union labor is more efficient and has better safety records than non union shops.

Factor in cost and if that were true companies would be clamoring for unions to come take over their labor force instead of the other way around.

I could talk for a fairly long time on post office rules, contract and how the system works. For those that don't know, rural carriers have a different union and different work rules than city carriers. In an office that houses both type carriers that make the same type of deliveries there are two distinct systems from how they case mail, deliver mail and how they get paid. That ought to at least give you a clue on how messed up it is.

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: ko bass attack 27] #13803774 12/12/20 10:28 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I

Only 1 in 10 workers are union so I guess that’s possible.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: Moto-Moto] #13803776 12/12/20 10:29 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
[quote=Tsunami_1][quote=John175☮][quote=Emit R Detsaw][quote=Pintail711]Hell there’s been big delays since summer.[/quote

Unions drive up the price of goods and protect lazy @ss workers. I worked with a bunch of them when I worked on locomotives.

So you're saying all non Union workers are great productive workers? I would find that difficult to believe. Would you care to share if you were a Union member or contract labor when you were working on locomotives? That might have some leverage on your opinion. Maybe they were treated better??? And by the way, I think that line of work would be interesting. Hard labor involved no doubt.

No sir. Not at all. Lazy @ss workers in every industry. Union or not.

I see you skipped over the part about driving up the proce of goods.

I worked along side of union guys. Here's a story. I was walking out to the service truck. A union guy had a handful of tools. He dropped a wrench. I picked it up and carried it for him. He then went and filed a report saying that he was robbed of 30 minutes because I carried the wrench. He got paid for it. Tell me that isn't worthless and unnecessary.

Unions are garbage. They have outlived their usefulness.

I didn't mean to overlook the cost of having Union workers. It's been said that they cost the Company an extra 30% labor costs. So without the Union do you suppose that 30% would be shared with the Employees or possibly the Company would reduce costs there by saving the Customers money? I guess maybe that could happen.
As far as your experience, that would most definitely be unusual. Most don't go to that extreme but without a doubt they see contact workers as a threat to their livelihood and they prefer you not be there. You usually have the ability to do work cheaper mainly due to the cost associated with Company benefits, required training, and safety regulations.
I would have let you hand me a wrench, no cost!

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13803778 12/12/20 10:34 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
I ordered several gift cards on Thanksgiving and the day after. I got the last of those gift cards today.

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: Tsunami_1] #13803779 12/12/20 10:37 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
[quote=Tsunami_1][quote=John175☮][quote=Emit R Detsaw][quote=Pintail711]Hell there’s been big delays since summer.[/quote

Unions drive up the price of goods and protect lazy @ss workers. I worked with a bunch of them when I worked on locomotives.

So you're saying all non Union workers are great productive workers? I would find that difficult to believe. Would you care to share if you were a Union member or contract labor when you were working on locomotives? That might have some leverage on your opinion. Maybe they were treated better??? And by the way, I think that line of work would be interesting. Hard labor involved no doubt.

No sir. Not at all. Lazy @ss workers in every industry. Union or not.

I see you skipped over the part about driving up the proce of goods.

I worked along side of union guys. Here's a story. I was walking out to the service truck. A union guy had a handful of tools. He dropped a wrench. I picked it up and carried it for him. He then went and filed a report saying that he was robbed of 30 minutes because I carried the wrench. He got paid for it. Tell me that isn't worthless and unnecessary.

Unions are garbage. They have outlived their usefulness.

I didn't mean to overlook the cost of having Union workers. It's been said that they cost the Company an extra 30% labor costs. So without the Union do you suppose that 30% would be shared with the Employees or possibly the Company would reduce costs there by saving the Customers money? I guess maybe that could happen.
As far as your experience, that would most definitely be unusual. Most don't go to that extreme but without a doubt they see contact workers as a threat to their livelihood and they prefer you not be there. You usually have the ability to do work cheaper mainly due to the cost associated with Company benefits, required training, and safety regulations.
I would have let you hand me a wrench, no cost!

roflmao hell, id hand you a beer amigo. cheers

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13803781 12/12/20 10:44 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Right back at you, Cheers!

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: Moto-Moto] #13803783 12/12/20 10:47 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K

You're a union guy correct? I wouldn't expect you to post anything other than pro-union.

You would be correct, 42 years. It's been good for me and my family. I can understand why companies want to keep the unions out but it usually has more to do with control and getting around regs than money. I've been a negotiator for 25 years and the guy that flies in on a corporate Leer Jet and tells me that we are making to much made 22 million $ last year. More power to him I remind them we are all about people having better pay and benefits. The contract extension that was voted on in October passed 146-3.

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: ko bass attack 27] #13803791 12/12/20 10:52 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

You would be correct, 42 years. It's been good for me and my family. I can understand why companies want to keep the unions out but it usually has more to do with control and getting around regs than money. I've been a negotiator for 25 years and the guy that flies in on a corporate Leer Jet and tells me that we are making to much made 22 million $ last year. More power to him I remind them we are all about people having better pay and benefits. The contract extension that was voted on in October passed 146-3.

I bet you remind them. roflmao

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13803800 12/12/20 11:02 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I’ve lived around the coal mining industry. Was in Southern Illinois when UMW folks rioted (attached) a new Kerr-McGee mine because it was going to be non-union. Within a year of that mine opening most of the workforce was made up of former riot participants and/or supporters.

Those union dudes would fight to the death to protect their union but when the miner’s went on strike, they wouldn’t even hesitate to bust other unions by working as carpenters or plumbers...etc., whatever it took to put food on the table. Good ol’ dem hypocrisy!

Kerr-McGee Galatia Mine Riot

Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13803955 12/13/20 01:39 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
USPS is terrible but they all basically suck. I have had a package sitting in the post office in Magnolia since Thursday, going to my house in MAGNOLIA. I guess they just decided to not deliver anything on Friday and today, Saturday. I wish I could just go get it.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13804050 12/13/20 03:26 AM
C
chuckwagon Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

I sent 28 photos .......next step up from lowest rate. $4.50.......It took one week from Texas to North Carolina. Usually takes only 3 days.

****Sun sinking low....lines baited.....gentle south breeze blowing...you realize.........I AM! .
Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13804055 12/13/20 03:32 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by hopalong
just send them an email and tell them it is your absentee ballot and you need it now.

Pretty sure they have plenty of absentee ballots left.

A very sore topic! realmad

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13804094 12/13/20 04:05 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by John175☮
If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas you better ship it now.

Big delays for me...parked in Coppell till they feel like moving it again. Had to pay extra for this level of service.

[Linked Image]

There are a ton of people on the Dobyns Rods Facebook page complaining about the rods they bought from American Legacy Tackle that have been sitting at USPS since they shipped right after Black Friday. hammer

Whether or not the real cause is from COVID-19 that is what it will be blamed on. juggle

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: If you're using USPS to ship anything for Christmas... [Re: John175☮] #13804200 12/13/20 12:29 PM
M
marschall Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Same here in Venus waiting on my car parts . Got the dreaded in Ft, Worth on tracking .It has been there for a week . From now on before I order something I will ask 1st if they ship by usps . They suck

May your wiener schnitzel always stay above your lederhosein.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide