Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13784824 11/25/20 06:05 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
OK Chris, calling out a request for the next "Blue Cat tip of the week"...

Looks like weather should cool the water off some in the next few days. Where do we start looking for the fish when water temps hit high 50's? Low 50's and below?

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving all. Be safe

Ken

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13784979 11/25/20 08:49 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
When the water hits the 50s I find them most often around the channels in 15-30 ft Ken. As the water gets into the low 50s I’m usually somewhere around 25-35 ft. I’m looking around the main channel, intersecting channels, and any structure that is next to the channel. I’m looking for large groups of gizzard Shad. Try and hit the channel bends and intersections as that’s where you’ll get your best fish usually. You can drag these kinds of areas blindly and get lucky or you can scan your run and try and determine how the fish are relating to the structure. Are the fish directly in the channel itself, up on the flat next to the channel, or on the piece of structure like a hump, ridge, or ledge that is next to the channel. Even if the channel is silted in completely, the fish know it’s there and will use it as a highway. Boat control is paramount when precision drifting and if you don’t hit your targets you won’t do nearly as good. When they are scattered then precision isn’t as important. These patterns holds true for most of our North Texas lakes that I have fished. Texoma is an exception to that rule and It can fish a lot deeper than most lakes. I’m headed up there this weekend and I plan on fishing it just like I fish every other lake I fish except I will most likely be much deeper. All the current in that lake keeps the lower depths better oxygenated and they can go a lot deeper up there. I’m still going to be around the main channel and secondary channels when I go up there but I’ll be in 35-65 ft most likely...

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13785018 11/25/20 09:52 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
And Ken, that’s more than 1 Bluecat tip of the week Amigo! This tip is gonna cost ya a bottle of TX if it pays off for ya! 🥃🤠🥃

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13785363 11/26/20 03:47 AM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
We can make that TX happen my friend!

Good luck at Texoma, and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Ken

Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13786154 11/26/20 11:43 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Thanks amigos cheers
We’ll stay after em Ken! Looks like some nasty weather coming this weekend but we’re gonna try and fish it any hoot.

Those symbols in my handle are I phone emojis Lone Wolf.

Matt, you gotta get out and scan your whole lake. On off days or days you can’t find fish go scan structure in areas don’t normally look. I still do it in my lake and I been fishing Lewisville my whole life. I find things and figure out new patters every year. Over half of my best fish so far this year are from a new pattern I figured out this spring. Had I not struggled that day I would have never graphed that area of the lake and stumbled onto the pattern. Now if I’m on the lake and the wind has been blowing out of the north for several days and I’m there when the wind switched out of the south I head straight to this areas and hammer big fish almost every time.

I used to second guess everything I was doing too Fredo. Some days it’s the weather, some days it’s your equipment, and some days it the angler. The more time on the water you put in the easier everything gets. Take a few months off and you’ll forget how to tie your shoe laces. Oh yea, and put down those dang crappie rods unless your using em to catch bait! Lol

rockon ninja peep

Last edited by serj5150; 11/26/20 11:44 PM.

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13786452 11/27/20 01:34 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Happy Thanksgiving to all my catfishin Amigos! We’re dragging the boat up to Texoma here in a few hours and man the weather looks like it’s gonna be nasty up there especially for my 4 yr old fishing partner. My plan is to go get bait when I get there this afternoon and then scout several areas to try and locate some runs to fish for tomorrow. Hope everyone has safe travels and catches a whopper of a fish this Weekend! Looks like it’s gonna be a tough bite this weekend but hopefully we get lucky and hang something good... [Linked Image]

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13787870 11/28/20 11:34 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Day 1 Texoma

Started out scanning the Watchita flats in 35 ft and nada. We took a beating getting there in the rollers only to find nothing and turn back around. The lake is a beast and she was starting to put a whoopin on us early..moved down by the islands and drifted under the Striper in 55 ft. We were on some good fish but we didn’t have a fish in the boat until 11. Our luck finally turned around noon and we hung 2 good fish to end our morning session. Jax got him a 20 and Dad got a 43. Went back at 3 and went straight back to where we left em and got a handful of eaters and and a 30.

It was a slow day but we grinded out some good ones. We’re gonna pull another drift in the morning and hope we get lucky...texas

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13788064 11/29/20 02:48 AM
E
Ed-n-eddy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
Still a good day thumb

1987 Whaler Super Sport 17, Yamaha 90
1981 Whaler Sport 13, Johnson 50
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13788487 11/29/20 04:36 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Texoma Day 2

Sitting in the cabin sipn coffee all morning. Rained all night and still raining this morning. Nursing a Whisky hangover so might make a run at em later. [Linked Image]

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13788784 11/29/20 09:46 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Texoma Day 2
Got back out after lunch and went back and fished in 50 ft under the striper. Missed a huge fish 10 minutes in that would have gone 50. It was another slow bite day but got lucky and hung a few. Ended up with a couple of 10 lbrs and a 22 to cap it off. Left my phone in the truck so ended on a high note and came on back to the marina to get a pic. texas

[Linked Image]

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13789268 11/30/20 12:23 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
LOL yeah buddy the Crown Royal Apple got the better of me nuts.... Never been to Texoma but definitely in my list grin Happy late Thanksgiving to you and your family!! awesome pictures thumb

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13789290 11/30/20 12:40 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
texas Bluecat Tip of the Week November 30th texas

This weeks Tip of the week is for you guys that struggled this weekend with the front. All anglers know that when those norther fronts hit it’s usually gonna be a lot tougher to catch fish. When the Barometric pressure starts going nuts it makes the fish feel sick and can give em lockjaw. Blues will lay on the bottom all mixed in with bait. When you do catch one they are coated in mud like they been laying on the bottom. You can drag though what seems like 1000s of fish and never get a nibble. An old timer taught me several tricks that might help some of you guys save your trip and put a big fish or 2 in the boat in the process.

#1 filet your baits so they flutter. This extra action seems to help get a few more fish to bite.
#2 Downsize your baits. Downsize at least half your baits and see if that gets a few more bites. I still drag big baits but just not as many.
#3 go deeper. Fish that are deeper than 30ft tend to be affected a little less by Barometric pressure than fish in mid depths.
#4 Go shallow. Fish that are up shallow tend to be looking for food. You won’t usually find a bunch of them but the ones you do find are usually solo and are really big.
#5 Bring a stick of Dynamite. Sometimes it’s the only way to get em! 🧨

Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13789353 11/30/20 01:41 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
For all the years I lived in Oak Point, I never put my boat on Texoma. Always wanted to try it, but the Oak Point boat ramp was 1/2 mile from my driveway. Good report. My plan to go on Friday was dashed when I went into the garage and saw the puddle of water underneath the water heater. The go deep or go shallow comment is spot on. I've seen reports here where they are being caught in 100' water to 10' of water.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13789531 11/30/20 03:55 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
As always, Thanks for the tips!

Nice picture of the family Chris, and some nice fish.

"Nursing a Whisky hangover so might make a run at em later." NOT my fault... If you had been drinking nice smooth TX, no headache... LOL

Son and I went out yesterday and fought with the wind and rain. Bite was tough. I have been looking at the lake maps a lot, and had a couple of deeper places I wanted to drift on a NW wind. We caught bait pretty quick, and started a drift on a 20-25' creek bed. Caught a box fish pretty quick, and I was thinking OK, good start. 2 hours later, no more bites. Moved to the second spot, 25-30', and hung a better feeling fish, and broke it off, never saw it. Two hours later, another box fish. Another hour, and wind even stronger and big white caps, and we had enough.

At least a good day with my son.

Tight lines all!

Ken

Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Re: 🎣Bluecat tip of the week 🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13789592 11/30/20 05:11 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Texoma is the only lake in Texas that has 100+ lb Blues in it Nut so I try and get up there at least a couple of times each winter in hopes of catching “The Fish of a Lifetime”. Half the time we go up there we get our tails kicked.

I’ve had plenty of those days Ken. It’s sickening to miss those big takedowns on a slow day. I tell my buddies that fish with me on slow days “we’re looking for 3 big takedowns today and all’s we gotta do is land one of em to do a victory dance!” Sometimes you get lucky and hang all 3 and some days you get smoked and go home defeated. Bluecatn requires 80% skill and 20% luck most days.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide