Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780896 11/22/20 04:59 PM
D
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I was 4 but remember it, Sisters birthday today.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780897 11/22/20 05:00 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
A sad day in American History! angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780904 11/22/20 05:06 PM
K
Keystone Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
K
2nd grade. Remember teachers crying freaking out,scaring the hail out of us,for we as kids didn't know,then hour or so parents started to come up pick their kids up..never forget

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780914 11/22/20 05:15 PM
DanDaBald Online Crying
TFF Guru
Online Crying
TFF Guru
I was 15 . . . . . Yes, I remember, I was at school.

God Bless America ! flag !

flag NEVER FORGET 9/11/2001 flag
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780935 11/22/20 05:49 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'll never forget that day. I had just turned 3 in Oct and I remember it. My mom freaked out and started yelling and crying hysterically. It scared the craap outta me. Yes, I remember. RIP, JFK...

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780958 11/22/20 06:13 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
When I finally got downtown to see where it happened shortly after we moved here in 98, it sent chills down my spine

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780960 11/22/20 06:13 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
7th grade, girl heard it on her transistor radio at lunch

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780969 11/22/20 06:19 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Go down and do the book depository tour....very eery feeling. I'm not for sure if the tours are even operating since the Covid craap.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: 57 years ago [Re: DanDaBald] #13780981 11/22/20 06:28 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DanDaBald
I was 15 . . . . . Yes, I remember, I was at school.

God Bless America ! flag !

Me to.....Biology class

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13780982 11/22/20 06:29 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The last good Dem. imo

RIP Mr. President. angel2

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: 57 years ago [Re: T Bird] #13780988 11/22/20 06:39 PM
1956Zebco Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by T Bird
The last good Dem. imo

RIP Mr. President. angel2

Agreed. My mother picked me up from school as did the other kids moms. School cancelled until they knew what was going on.

Some notable quotes (that most think are Reagan's ideas):

A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget.
John F. Kennedy
Home, Mean, Cutting
"Radio and Television Address to the Nation on the Test Ban Treaty and the Tax Reduction Bill". www.presidency.ucsb.edu. September 18, 1963.

It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough jobs or enough profits.
John F. Kennedy
Jobs, Party, Long
Address to the Economic Club of New York, delivered 14 December 1962, Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York

The tax on capital gains directly affects investment decisions, the mobility and flow of risk capital from static to more dynamic situations, the ease or difficulty experienced by new ventures in obtaining capital, and thereby the strength and potential for growth of the economy.
John F. Kennedy
New Ventures, Decision, Risk
"Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States, John F. Kennedy, 1963".

Our true choice is not between tax reduction on the one hand and the avoidance of large federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget, just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits.
John F. Kennedy
Party, Long, Choices
Source: www.rushlimbaugh.com

A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget....As the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues. Prosperity is the real way to balance our budget. By lowering tax rates, by increasing jobs and income, we can expand tax revenues and finally bring our budget into balance.
John F. Kennedy
Jobs, Real, Mean
"Radio and Television Address to the Nation on the Test Ban Treaty and the Tax Reduction Bill". www.presidency.ucsb.edu. September 18, 1963.

It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.
John F. Kennedy
Running, Cutting, Long
Address to the Economic Club of New York, delivered 14 December 1962, Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York

An economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough jobs or enough profits
John F. Kennedy
Jobs, Enough, Economy

Our practical choice is not between a tax-cut deficit and a budgetary surplus. It is between two kinds of deficits: a chronic deficit of inertia, as the unwanted result of inadequate revenues and a restricted economy; or a temporary deficit of transition, resulting from a tax cut designed to boost the economy, increase tax revenues, and achieve -- and I believe this can be done -- a budget surplus. The first type of deficit is a sign of waste and weakness; the second reflects an investment in the future.
John F. Kennedy
Believe, Cutting, Two

I see no magic in tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale federal bureaucracies in this administration as well as in others. I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well.
John F. Kennedy
Jobs, Individual Effort, Magic

The final and best means of strengthening demand among consumers and business is to reduce the burden on private income and the deterrence to private initiative which are imposed by our present tax system, and this administration pledged itself last summer to an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes to be enacted and become effective in 1963.
John F. Kennedy
Summer, Mean, Cutting

[High income tax rates] not only check consumption but discourage investment and encourage...the avoidance of taxes [rather] than the production of goods.[...]Our present tax system...reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking.
John F. Kennedy
Effort, Risk, Incentives

The present tax codes inhibit the mobility and formation of capital, add complexities and inequities which undermine the morale of the taxpayer, and make tax avoidance rather than market factors a prime consideration in too many economic decisions.
John F. Kennedy
Decision, Add, Mobility
Kennedy, John F. (1964). “Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1963”, p.74, Best Books on

Budget deficits are not caused by wild-eyed spenders, but by slow economic growth and periodic recessions. And any new recession would break all deficit records. In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low, and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now.
John F. Kennedy
Running, Cutting, Long
Source: www.rushlimbaugh.com

When consumers purchase more goods, plants use more of their capacity, men are hired instead of laid off, investment increases, and profits are high. Corporate tax rates must also be cut to increase incentives and the availability of investment capital.
John F. Kennedy
Cutting, Men, Plant

An across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes ... to expand the incentives and opportunities of private expenditures.
John F. Kennedy
Cutting, Opportunity, Incentives

Our present tax system ... exerts too heavy a drag on growth ... It reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking ... The present tax load ... distorts economic judgments and channels an undue amount of energy into efforts to avoidtaxliabilities.
John F. Kennedy
Effort, Risk, Growth

If the economy of today were operating close to capacity levels with little unemployment, or if a sudden change in our military requirements should cause a scramble for men and resources, then I would oppose tax reductions as irresponsible and inflationary; and I would not hesitate to recommend a tax increase if that were necessary.
John F. Kennedy
Military, Men, Presidential

We also need the provisions in the tax bill that will permit working mothers to increase the deduction from income tax liability for costs incurred in providing care for their children while the mothers are working. In October the Commission on the Status of Women will report to me. This problem should have a high priority, and I think that whatever we leave undone this year we must move on this in January.
John F. Kennedy
Mother, Children, Moving
Kennedy, John F. (1964). “Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1963”, p.465, Best Books on

We have some of the most influential Members of Congress here today, and I do hope that we can get this appropriation for these day-care centers, which seems to me to be money very wisely spent, and also under consideration of the tax bill, that we can consider the needs of the working mothers, and both of these will be very helpful, and I would like to lobby in their behalf.
John F. Kennedy
Mother, Equal Pay, Day Care
"Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1963".

I have asked the secretary of the treasury to report by April 1 on whether present tax laws may be stimulating in undue amounts the flow of American capital to the industrial countries abroad through special preferential treatment.
John F. Kennedy
Country, Law, Special

In those countries where income taxes are lower than in the United States, the ability to defer the payment of U.S. tax by retaining income in the subsidiary companies provides a tax advantage for companies operating through overseas subsidiaries that is not available to companies operating solely in the United States. Many American investors properly made use of this deferral in the conduct of their foreign investment.
John F. Kennedy
Country, United States, Income

We must start now to provide additional stimulus to the modernization of American industrial plants I shall propose to the Congress a new tax incentive for businesses to expand their normal investment in plant and equipment.
John F. Kennedy
Incentives, Normal, Investment
Kennedy, John F. (1962). “Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1961”, p.88, Best Books on

Big Bass Deep Diving Spinner: https://youtu.be/nSH_KKAiuB4
Zebco 33 O-Ring Replacement (all years): https://youtu.be/NEU56UGzxXo
Big Bass Toothpick Trick: https://youtu.be/QC0emZqU36M
Crappie Tip: https://youtu.be/27AuG3CEpOs
Zebco 33 Restore & Lube: https://youtu.be/_4BTSEVcbQ4
More: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSsiJFU2JVh-dfIn1jfZDg/
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13781072 11/22/20 07:50 PM
D
Dognot Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I remember a few days later when Jack Ruby Killed Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV. Dad jumped off the couch and started hollering DID You see that?

He didn't get exited over much but that got him going pretty good.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13781078 11/22/20 08:00 PM
Beak47 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I remember it all like it was yesterday-particularly Jack Ruby gunning down Oswald on black and white TV.

Hardcore Texan
Re: 57 years ago [Re: deerfeeder] #13781089 11/22/20 08:14 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I was 4 and we lived in Dallas somewhere between pleasant grove and downtown but I remember a little about it just not much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide