texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Ol Thumper, FishingHouYW, OB-OG, QuailHollow, WTJ
114130 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 98,660
Pilothawk 80,535
Bigbob_FTW 69,086
JDavis7873ฎ 67,400
Mark Perry 61,396
Tritonman 59,010
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics1,135,826
Posts15,484,907
Members139,130
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Yes, another LiveScope post #13777663 11/20/20 12:53 AM
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 42
Jake F. Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 42
I understand it's an exhausted topic... LiveScope. I just have to admit that I am close to pulling the trigger and buying it. From those who have experienced it, is it worth getting? Also, I've been hearing that there is some new technology coming out soon. Should I wait for that, or go ahead and roll with the LiveScope? Obviously, I'm conflicted and am trying to get some expert opinions. I appreciate y'all.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13778234 11/20/20 02:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
S
SkeeterGuy1 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
I love mine. I'm no expert with it, but I love mine. Its worth it. It changed the way I fish deeper water and structure. I'm probably 85% Bass to 15% Crappie fishing, and use it for both.
As for the new technology, I think that just goes with personal preference. I have Lowrance at the console and bow, and the Garmin also at the bow.

One thing I did do was get a master on/off switch that goes directly to the unit and black box, so when I'm not using it...it draws no power at all. Also bought the boat logix mount that is detachable from the boat, so if I'm fishing really shallow or know its not getting turned on that particular day, its not even on the boat with me taking up space. Just some personal preference stuff.

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: SkeeterGuy1] #13778266 11/20/20 03:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,419
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,419
Originally Posted by SkeeterGuy1
I love mine. I'm no expert with it, but I love mine. Its worth it. It changed the way I fish deeper water and structure. I'm probably 85% Bass to 15% Crappie fishing, and use it for both.
As for the new technology, I think that just goes with personal preference. I have Lowrance at the console and bow, and the Garmin also at the bow.

One thing I did do was get a master on/off switch that goes directly to the unit and black box, so when I'm not using it...it draws no power at all. Also bought the boat logix mount that is detachable from the boat, so if I'm fishing really shallow or know its not getting turned on that particular day, its not even on the boat with me taking up space. Just some personal preference stuff.


you brought up a question I have had about Live scope...โ€ฆ
Does it work in shallow water, how far does it look ahead in shallow water?

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13778277 11/20/20 03:11 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,700
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
W
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,700
There will be three players in that market.
Garmin had the Panoptix, upgraded to LiveScope, and rumor is another upgrade.
Lowrance has LiveSight, and will have their upgrade to Active Target.
Humminbird will have their MEGA LIVE.

That gives you three choices for brands you may prefer. Wait for Spring of 2021 to see which suits you the best.


Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N, 1198c SI, Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3,
Helix 10 MEGA DI+ GPS G3N, SOLIX 12 SI, MEGA 360, RC-1
Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13778298 11/20/20 03:29 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,029
Tiltman Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,029
I have it and Mega 360 , thanks to Wayne^ I have my 360 working better than my ability to read it. I think for Crappie LS is incredible but I struggle trying to bass fish with it. If the bird product works well I will buy a second bow bird and their product.

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Txduckhunter] #13778302 11/20/20 03:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
S
SkeeterGuy1 Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
you brought up a question I have had about Live scope...โ€ฆ
Does it work in shallow water, how far does it look ahead in shallow water?
[/quote]

It does! But I'd say 5 ft and less its not AS effective. I do have the perspective mount, which does help when it gets shallower. (Although I haven't used it much as I'd like...looking forward to really dialing that in come spring time.)
I use it from that 6-10 foot range to mark grass lines and make more accurate casts, see additional structure, etc.
I typically have mine set on 60-70 feet out and don't have an issue seeing that far. I'm sure it could go farther out, but that's just what I prefer. I have the gridlines turned on, on the graph, so I can tell where things are in relation to the boat.

Hope this helps...feel free to shoot me a DM if you want to know anything else.

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13778596 11/20/20 06:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 52
F
Farrside Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
F
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 52
Jake,
My 2c. I was able to play with one last weekend for 3 days, I couldn't see my bait so I turned the gain up to about 78-84%. It took me a few cast befor I could see my crank bait show up on the screen( eye training) once I knew what I was looking for I could find it every time. It became very clear about 25-30ft out. I was ranged out to 80ft. Fish that were up close ( below the boat) were easy to see in open water with timber. The biggest issue I had was Video fishing. I could see fish my bait them chase the bait but not eat it. I did this for about an hour zero fish. Moved to docks, I could see the post but I couldn't dial in a setting to see if there were fish under them. The docks were in 6-8 ft. I'm sure like with anything the more you play with it the better you get at it. I on the other hand am about the instant satisfaction of turning on my graphs and making a adjustment to the water and conditions and trying to catch em. I'm a lowrance user but I do like the bird 360 for open deep water.

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Farrside] #13779307 11/21/20 04:22 AM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,029
J
Jeff From Iowa Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,029
Originally Posted by Farrside
Jake,
My 2c. I was able to play with one last weekend for 3 days, I couldn't see my bait so I turned the gain up to about 78-84%. It took me a few cast befor I could see my crank bait show up on the screen( eye training) once I knew what I was looking for I could find it every time. It became very clear about 25-30ft out. I was ranged out to 80ft. Fish that were up close ( below the boat) were easy to see in open water with timber. The biggest issue I had was Video fishing. I could see fish my bait them chase the bait but not eat it. I did this for about an hour zero fish. Moved to docks, I could see the post but I couldn't dial in a setting to see if there were fish under them. The docks were in 6-8 ft. I'm sure like with anything the more you play with it the better you get at it. I on the other hand am about the instant satisfaction of turning on my graphs and making a adjustment to the water and conditions and trying to catch em. I'm a lowrance user but I do like the bird 360 for open deep water.



80 feet is a looong ways.

Think about it this way. The water is not clean clear etc.

If you took 80 slides stacked up could you possibly expect to see a single letter on the last one even if the first 79 only had a few pencil size dots in each?

@55โ€™ has been about my max to see fish stacked up on a stick up and I only really saw them because they were 5-6.5# very clear water on kurth.

They werenโ€™t fish shapes as about 35โ€™ the screen is really stacking slides so you see a lot of white noise ish looking vertical lines, but if you see some movement in it a blob of white. that is fish.

I use Blue screen FYI

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 11/21/20 04:25 AM.

Dont try and take someones shine away..... Doing so just shows YOUR weak character.
Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13779315 11/21/20 04:41 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,716
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,716
Watch Scott Martin's latest YouTube video with Jimmy Houston. He explains how he sets his and what fish look like with some decent shots of the screen. Pretty informative

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: the skipper] #13780099 11/21/20 11:06 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
L
Littledog Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Thanks Skipper for the heads up on the video. Awesome.
Best LiveScope sales demo I've seen.
Dang it. Guess I'm about to be $3K poorer.

Wayne P says I need to wait a bit. Not sure I can hold out till spring after seeing that video!

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13780161 11/22/20 12:02 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,037
J
JIM SR. Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQzVv0ACmg

how is that fair in tournament fishing,... hammer

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: JIM SR.] #13780869 11/22/20 04:37 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
L
Littledog Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
Well everyman has his own ideas on "fair".
First, LiveScope is available to everyone.
Second, Martin says he has been using LS for years. . . . but look at his tournament record. He certainly hasnt been winning every tournament. (just finished125th).
Even with LS, you still gotta find em, keep up with them, and catch them. As good as he was with it in the video, he gets beat in tournaments by anglers without LS.

What happened when the first bass boat showed up at a tournament with an electric trolling motor? Thank goodness we didnt make them illegal.
Pretty soon, everyone had one and they were being made by several manufactures.

The same will happen with this type of sonar. Available from all manufactures and considered standard equipment on tournament rigs.

Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: JIM SR.] #13780928 11/22/20 05:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 24,141
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 24,141
Originally Posted by JIM SR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQzVv0ACmg

how is that fair in tournament fishing,... hammer



Jimmy didn't seem to be too particularly interested in LiveScope. He kept on casting as Scott was trying to show him how it works. Scott didn't seem too interested in kissing Jimmy's fish, either....

Wow what a nice place that is....JH has earned every bit of it. He's a fine, Christian man that has quite the obnoxious laugh!


2018 Skeeter FX20LE w/ Yamaha 250 SHO ๐Ÿ˜Ž




Re: Yes, another LiveScope post [Re: Jake F.] #13782073 11/23/20 04:53 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 387
G
Gruber Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
G
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 387
Anyone ever fish Whitney? Just curious how that side view gadget would work on the bluffs in winter?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3