Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13776446 11/19/20 03:42 AM
R
rich777 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Big gathering for us. 30-40. My Mom passed away almost two years ago, she would rain down lightning bolts from Heaven if we didn't gather as a family.

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: Oldrabbit] #13776461 11/19/20 03:58 AM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
We will be gathering, but having a small family there will only be 6 adults and 2 grandchildren. Our daughter and SIL will are going to his parents house. I would like to go to my brothers house to see him and his family but he is 6 years older than me, I would hate to take the Covid to him and his family. We will just gather there after this stuff clears out, if ever.

It'll clear out. Just gotta stay positive.

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13777015 11/19/20 05:01 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: Bob Davis] #13777021 11/19/20 05:09 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
The word “Friendsgiving” is what’s wrong with the world nowadays. It’s called THANKSGIVING!!! It is a holiday. It isn’t up for interpretation or modification.

You are correct. I had to backtrack through this to see who used the term Friendsgiving. That is like calling Christmas "Tree Festival Day".

You guys are ridiculous. The point is we are having friends over and not family because we have zero family within 1000 miles of here. Both my wife and I have parents who probably would not survive COVID. Trust me, I'd much rather have Thanksgiving with my actual family like most of you get to, but since that's not an option this year, we are doing the next best thing and having some friends over. I'm making light of the fact I won't get to see my family this holiday season with my word choice of Friendsgiving. If it helps any of you sleep better at night when we invited the friends over, we asked if they would like to join us for Thanksgiving dinner. Take a chill pill.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: Jpurdue] #13777031 11/19/20 05:15 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The word “Friendsgiving” is what’s wrong with the world nowadays. It’s called THANKSGIVING!!! It is a holiday. It isn’t up for interpretation or modification.

You are correct. I had to backtrack through this to see who used the term Friendsgiving. That is like calling Christmas "Tree Festival Day".

You guys are ridiculous. The point is we are having friends over and not family because we have zero family within 1000 miles of here. Both my wife and I have parents who probably would not survive COVID. Trust me, I'd much rather have Thanksgiving with my actual family like most of you get to, but since that's not an option this year, we are doing the next best thing and having some friends over. I'm making light of the fact I won't get to see my family this holiday season with my word choice of Friendsgiving. If it helps any of you sleep better at night when we invited the friends over, we asked if they would like to join us for Thanksgiving dinner. Take a chill pill.

Are you not thankful for these "friends"?

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: BCBassCat] #13777037 11/19/20 05:20 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by BCBassCat

For sure, but trust me, I'd rather have a traditional Thanksgiving with my family and my grandmas' cooking!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13777040 11/19/20 05:23 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

We will have Thanksgiving and Christmas no matter what these natzees say...

[Linked Image]

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: BCBassCat] #13777046 11/19/20 05:26 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by BCBassCat

There’s a tendency to over-rate friends and family prior to their arrival, and then a few months after they leave holiday gatherings.

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13777086 11/19/20 05:56 PM
T
Trebor Neil Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Reading this post as my elderly (over 75) Wife asked me if buying a turkey leg and breast plus containers of the rest of the meal from Brookshires.

They forgot to memtion this to me when I was younger. PLEASE, enjoy where and when you can. We all are, have or have had Parents.

Last edited by Trebor Neil; 11/19/20 05:59 PM.

You bettcha!
[Linked Image]
oofta!
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: Jpurdue] #13777136 11/19/20 06:22 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

Ok Jpurdue. Thanks for the clarification. I am now consuming mass quantities of chil pills.
grin cheers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13779349 11/21/20 08:22 AM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I voted no because tbe big gathering to the close to 50 annual friends and family one is canceled.
My daughter and SIL are coming from Dallas and niece, nephew and his girlfriend, brother and SIL are all local and are doing a small one at their house. Hope to get the daughter and new SIL on a whitetail 2
while they are here.

Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13779462 11/21/20 01:27 PM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
We are having about 15 family members at our home. They are coming from Lubbock, Ft Worth, Robert Lee, and San Angelo. I had purchased a ticket for my 85 yr old Dad to fly down and join us but decided to cancel his flight after speaking with him. It wasn't an easy decision, but I believe the correct one at this time due the risk.

Semper Fi-shing
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13779526 11/21/20 02:39 PM
Beak47 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
We are having Thanksgiving Dinner today as my son has to work next weekend. 19 lb turkey just went in the oven and son is still sitting in the blind waiting for something worth shooting. I will likely gain some hefty weight! lol Chocolate Meringue, Pecan, and pumpkin pies! whew

Hardcore Texan
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: reeltexan] #13779592 11/21/20 03:34 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by reeltexan

We will have Thanksgiving and Christmas no matter what these natzees say...

[Linked Image]

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Thanksgiving Poll [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13779599 11/21/20 03:41 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Gathering but small.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index