Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: covid at fork [Re: hopalong] #13775037 11/18/20 08:26 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by Greg W
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
I would think that being in the outdoors would be one of the safest things anyone can do during these times. Just my two cents. 2cents

Absolutely it is. But these are people that live in the county. Working at Dollar General, gas stations. Going to church. Lot's of ways to get covid even in the country. If all you do is grab some gas and fish, you're safe.

No one is "safe"...but there is no sense in living in fear either. It's a virus that has a 99+% survival rating.

What I mean is it's save to fish. I mean you're by yourself. But I don't take stupid chances either. What you're not factoring in is death rate by age. Certainly higher at my age (60) than 1%. If you're 75 that number goes to around 10% according to cdc. This is nothing to take lightly. I was a microbiology major so well acquainted with study of pathogens and this is one to avoid. Don't live in fear but be smart about it. Best you can do. Fishing is about as safe a way to get outside as there is IMHO.

Last edited by Greg W; 11/19/20 06:18 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: covid at fork [Re: hopalong] #13775038 11/18/20 08:29 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I would think that being in the outdoors would be one of the safest things anyone can do during these times. Just my two cents. 2cents

Absolutely it is. But these are people that live in the county. Working at Dollar General, gas stations. Going to church. Lot's of ways to get covid even in the country. If all you do is grab some gas and fish, you're safe.

No one is "safe"...but there is no sense in living in fear either. It's a virus that has a 99+% survival rating.

What I mean is it's save to fish. I mean you're by yourself. But I don't take stupid chances either. What you're not factoring in is death rate by age. Certainly higher at my age (60) than 1%. If you're 75 that number goes to around 10% according to cdc. This is nothing to take lightly. I was a microbiology major so well acquainted with study of pathogens and this is one to avoid. Don't live in fear but be smart about it. Best you can do. Fishing is about as safe a way to get outside as there is IMHO. Oh and keep your vit D up Cheap way to improve outcomes.

Re: covid at fork [Re: hopalong] #13775108 11/18/20 12:30 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
What are the numbers for people who entered these three counties, fished Lake Fork and then got in their trucks and drove back to their home counties? Just sayn........

Re: covid at fork [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13775156 11/18/20 01:14 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Just pay attention to the pastures if the cows are social distancing then it’s probably spreading animals can sense things like this, back in the spring/summer they weren’t hanging around each other and were all over the pastures.

Just sayin’ so don’t laugh!

This is a joke right? I've heard it all now. Cows socially distancing..LOL!!

Re: covid at fork [Re: senko9S] #13775178 11/18/20 01:26 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by senko9S
Originally Posted by hopalong
I just got told there are apparently a lot of new cases at the lake, so be cautious if you're out and about there.

i'd be more worried about STD's there. violin

Damned ole East Fork bar or whatever they call it now lol

Re: covid at fork [Re: hopalong] #13775182 11/18/20 01:29 PM
Tjbev13 Offline
Angler
Angler
I have a higher chance of getting my eyes gouged out pumping gas by some meth head at the shamrock on 154 than I do of dying from the rona... Ill take my chances fishing fork.

Re: covid at fork [Re: Txduckhunter] #13775184 11/18/20 01:30 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

Jesus loves all of us
Re: covid at fork [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13775186 11/18/20 01:31 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Just pay attention to the pastures if the cows are social distancing then it’s probably spreading animals can sense things like this, back in the spring/summer they weren’t hanging around each other and were all over the pastures.

this place sure has gotten, um, strange? hmmm

Re: covid at fork [Re: senko9S] #13775914 11/18/20 10:04 PM
hopalong Online Confused OP
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by senko9S
Originally Posted by hopalong
I just got told there are apparently a lot of new cases at the lake, so be cautious if you're out and about there.

i'd be more worried about STD's there. violin

well, stay out of the neon moon and you won't have to worry so much.

just sayin

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: covid at fork [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13776162 11/19/20 01:01 AM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E

Well people seem to be doing social distancing with their vehicles also. Many of them are driving 10+ mph below the speed limit and they stay about 10 car lengths behind the person in front of them and drive side by side of another idiot so you can't go around them. Even at 10 car lengths behind, they will hit the brakes when they see the care in front of them hit the brakes. Total IDIOTS
I also see people driving by themselves with a mask on. Again more idiots. Do they think they are keeping from getting the virus from themselves by wearing a mask in the car?

Last edited by ezbassin; 11/19/20 01:03 AM.
Re: covid at fork [Re: ezbassin] #13776521 11/19/20 06:26 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Just pay attention to the pastures if the cows are social distancing then it’s probably spreading animals can sense things like this, back in the spring/summer they weren’t hanging around each other an d were all over the pastures.

Well people seem to be doing social distancing with their vehicles also. Many of them are driving 10+ mph below the speed limit and they stay about 10 car lengths behind the person in front of them and drive side by side of another idiot so you can't go around them. Even at 10 car lengths behind, they will hit the brakes when they see the care in front of them hit the brakes. Total IDIOTS
I also see people driving by themselves with a mask on. Again more idiots. Do they think they are keeping from getting the virus from themselves by wearing a mask in the car?

Wearing the mask by themselves in the car boggles the mind. It's not that complicated. We have these 2 extremes instead of people just using common sense. Wear a mask when you have a reasonable chance of being exposed or exposing others. Being in your car or on your boat is not one of those times.

Re: covid at fork [Re: hopalong] #13776756 11/19/20 02:15 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
They wear the mask in the car to keep from licking the windows...……….

Re: covid at fork [Re: Douglas J] #13776774 11/19/20 02:25 PM
west tex angler Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Douglas J
So people out on the water are getting the covid 19?

From the fish, the water, the air?

That's why I haven't been catching anything... it's the fish !

Seriously, my son works in Odessa and he contacted Covid last month. He had a very rough time, and still has a nagging cough, He has to take insulin for a while. It's nothing to take lightly.
Good luck

Last edited by west tex angler; 11/19/20 02:28 PM.

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: covid at fork [Re: Greg W] #13776926 11/19/20 03:46 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Just pay attention to the pastures if the cows are social distancing then it’s probably spreading animals can sense things like this, back in the spring/summer they weren’t hanging around each other an d were all over the pastures.

Wearing the mask by themselves in the car boggles the mind. It's not that complicated. We have these 2 extremes instead of people just using common sense. Wear a mask when you have a reasonable chance of being exposed or exposing others. Being in your car or on your boat is not one of those times.

I wear mine all the time at work that I sometimes forget to take it off when I get into my car. Only a few minutes later to realize I still have it on... hammer

Re: covid at fork [Re: Greg W] #13777292 11/19/20 08:02 PM
L
LittleGazoo Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
We have these 2 extremes instead of people just using common sense. Wear a mask when you have a reasonable chance of being exposed or exposing others. Being in your car or on your boat is not one of those times.

+1
Texas is the #1 state for Covaid-19. Wear a mask when around others and help beat this, then we can open up our life & business better.
Common sense we could have been using for awhile.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide