texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,008
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,876
Posts13,954,640
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13774114 11/17/20 06:14 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
I'm cautious. Especially with the elderly. My dad is 83, Mom, Mom-n-law, and Paw-n- law all 78.

I stay clear of them.

My job has me in contact with 30+ employees, and several truck drivers each day. No telling where any of them have been in the last 3 days. So I take precautions. Not that I'm concerned about me, But I'm concerned of passing it to loved ones that check every box on the high risk chart.
I haven't seen my parents since fathers day, and it was another few months before that. Not worth the risk. Talk and text almost everyday. Just not the same. @ 53....I'd still love to hug my momma and tell I love her in person....

Best sensible post Iโ€™ve read yet about Covid because you mentioned concern about others. You can be a big bad arse no government is gonna tell me I have to wear a mask blah blah person or you can show concern for others and do as you just stated. Donโ€™t be selfish. Great post Ugly!!!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13774196 11/17/20 07:05 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
They will find a way to slip it into your water supply like they did with the fluoride.......

Here we go......

I was being sarcastic, thus the ....... at the end of the sentence. Oh, wait, you have them there too. Never mind.

Okay then, that was pretty funny. I think I miss a lot of sarcasm after I've pigeon holed some of you. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: JacksonBean] #13774223 11/17/20 07:24 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
It's real and should be taken seriously. Not stop life all around you for a month seriously, because we can't do that, but it needs to be taken seriously. Wear a mask when in public because it's just not that bog of a deal and will help slow the spread. and if it saves 1 life then it's worth it. I don't want that blood on my hands. Speaking of hands, wash them freqeuntly. Use hand sanitizer. Why not? Can't hurt. Finally, if you have any symptoms, stay home and avoid contact. Those who are high risk, need to be extra cautious and just avoid crowds. For example, we have a dear friend who lives down the street, she is very high risk. We have avoided contact with her physically and observed social distancing. It's really all we can do. But life goes on and we have to live. Life can't stop. We have to find balance. Carry on, Be a man, live life and be kind.

If it saves one life? Really? What happened to you? Is this life really that grand you can't meet your maker? When they brought the crippled man to Jesus and he told them "Your sins are forgiven" many balked thinking.... Well what good did that do?

I better just stop the rant right here before I say what I really want. wink

Is all of us wearing a mask worth it if it just saves one life? Probably not. Is me wearing a mask worth it if it just saves on life? Yes, no brainer for me. In the words of reverend Chesney, everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go now.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Trebor Neil] #13774252 11/17/20 07:46 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Trebor Neil
Just wondering, Will the shot be available to those over 75 ?
it depends on if youโ€™re a professional athlete.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774272 11/17/20 08:11 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
when my kids were 2-7 years old , it seemed like we all caught their cold/flu's about 4-5 times a year . I hated it , knowing that my wife and I would always catch whatever my kids brought home from school added to our anxiety .
Today , my grandson is almost 4 . My wife is his daycare . When he was around 2 , same thing , everytime he caught something , we would get it . I decided to research methods that could help stop colds/viruses from spreading to us and within us .( think old school homeopathic medicine /research)
This was before COVID . My wife and I started steaming our sinuses , every morning and night using either sea salt or Eucalyptus oil in boiling water . 4 minutes , towel over our heads , hot as you can stand it , deep breathing in steam through our noses . We did this BEFORE we would see any symptoms . We started doing this about one year before COVID , and we are still doing it today .
Both of us haven't caught one cold from my grandson or my daughter ( both were sick 3 times , with bad headcolds before COVID ) . We still do this today because of COVID.
As a old engineering nerd , my theory as follows ------.
Viruses cant handle heat and PH changes . Viruses need time to propagate within your nasal cavities and grow/spread . It seemed like everytime I caught some one else's cold , it was 3 to 4 days after the initial exposure .
I actually look forward to the process , as a preventative against viruses --- and it seems to be working . It also calms the my mind to feel like I have an " extra" method to prevent sickness .
There are limitations doing this with kids , so we don't do it for my grandson . But when he gets old enough , we will have him do it every time he comes home from school .
Give it a try ---- see if it helps .

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774294 11/17/20 08:26 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Never fear, the government is here to help.

You vill not go outside after 10pm. Vee have control of you! You vill be shot on sight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Bob Davis] #13774327 11/17/20 09:01 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

You vill not go outside after 10pm. Vee have control of you! You vill be shot on sight.

[Linked Image]

Ohio?
I knew you were a yankee!
No one living in Texas whines as much as you.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Icepick] #13774415 11/17/20 10:03 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Icepick

Ohio?

That is not whining. I was warning anyone in Ohio, or thinking of traveling to Ohio. Sounds like you would be fine with these restrictions. Of course.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Icepick] #13774419 11/17/20 10:07 PM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C

[Linked Image]

Ohio?

I guess there are those who love the dictator mindset of certain elected officials, comes to mind: For love of Supreme commander Clay-J we bow our heads!!!!

Last edited by Chug-bug-bang1; 11/17/20 10:16 PM.

Hey pull my finger ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’จ
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Bob Davis] #13774461 11/17/20 10:43 PM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by lconn4
Originally Posted by CCTX
Having a healthy amount of concern is far better than denial.
Human beings tend to be emotional, some more than others.

yes

[Linked Image]

That is quite disturbing.

Now we see what Pelosi looked like as an infant

Hey pull my finger ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’จ
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774476 11/17/20 10:53 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I am not paranoid....THEY are out to get me but I have fooled THEM for over 68 years...:)

I do however hope that the vaccine/vaccines are successful and that our country and the world can regain some semblance of normalcy this next year. I am lucky that I have not gotten sick even tho I am in that high risk category due to age but I am very healthy. My job does put me in contact with a lot of people out in the field but so far I've had no problems. But then again i haven't frequented restaurants, bars, etc. this last 8 months but I do miss having dinner and beers with friends. And any fishing gear I've needed comes from the brown truck guys...:)

I've already signed up with my PCP for when the vaccine's are available.....and he promised me NO chip...:)

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Bob Davis] #13774483 11/17/20 10:56 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I

Ohio?

That is not whining. I was warning anyone in Ohio, or thinking of traveling to Ohio. Sounds like you would be fine with these restrictions. Of course.

You were warning folks in Ohio on the Texas fishing forum? You? Giving public service announcements? Lmao.
As for what I'm fine with, I'm fine with you staying home to avoid wearing 2 diapers; the one you normally wear and the one you put on your face.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774484 11/17/20 10:56 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
Originally Posted by lconn4
Originally Posted by CCTX
Having a healthy amount of concern is far better than denial.
Human beings tend to be emotional, some more than others.

yes

[Linked Image]

That is quite disturbing.

Now we see what Pelosi looked like as an infant

roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774506 11/17/20 11:06 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
This pretty much tells me no one knows anymore about the Kung flu than they did in January. Mind you, this is the headquarters for the WHO.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...-outbreak-among-employees-in-geneva/amp/

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774535 11/17/20 11:21 PM
EN591 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I'm convinced it's almost impossible to stay away from this stuff. I've been work from home since March, always wear a facemask when out (Kroger/CVS), wash my hands all of the time, etc. We've been very careful but somehow i picked it up last week. Didn't go to bars, restaurants, large gatherings, or anything like that. It seems it can grab on to you pretty easy so no matter the precautions you take nothing is 100%.

Felt like I had a week long sinus infection and it turned out to be COVID. Lost my smell and taste last night but otherwise good other than the congestion/fatigue associated with it. I'll kick this soon....ready to be able to breathe again!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide