Forums59
Topics1,039,183
Posts13,960,493
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13773997 11/17/20 04:58 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I'm cautious. Especially with the elderly. My dad is 83, Mom, Mom-n-law, and Paw-n- law all 78.

I stay clear of them.

My job has me in contact with 30+ employees, and several truck drivers each day. No telling where any of them have been in the last 3 days. So I take precautions. Not that I'm concerned about me, But I'm concerned of passing it to loved ones that check every box on the high risk chart.
I haven't seen my parents since fathers day, and it was another few months before that. Not worth the risk. Talk and text almost everyday. Just not the same. @ 53....I'd still love to hug my momma and tell I love her in person....

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13773999 11/17/20 05:01 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
All you can do is keep living. We potentially face being exposed on every call at work. Its a risk we accept. All we can do is be cautiius.
On an individual level we all can be exposed anywhere at anytime. Take sensible precautions and keep living as best you can. I do not allow this to dominate my life. This too shall pass.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774006 11/17/20 05:08 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I've lived my entire adult life at risk of sudden death, so while I am sensitive to others, I am not really suffering mentally from that. I am concerned about the long term effects of this on society however. This will be the new disability claim, watch! PTSD from covid.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774010 11/17/20 05:10 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Gotta admit. I haven't been paranoid at all about it. Until last week when a coworker tested positive. I had a sneezing fit a couple days later. My thinking was here we go. But that's all it was, a sneezing fit.
I never sneeze just once either. It's always at least a half dozen, often times it's more.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774013 11/17/20 05:12 PM
C
CCTX Offline
mapquest
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by Trebor Neil
Originally Posted by CCTX
Originally Posted by Trebor Neil
Just wondering, Will the shot be available to those over 75 ?

Some good information here:
Pfizer mRNA vaccine information

Thanks, good info, however I believe it will be the responsibility of the Government not the manufacter that will distribute.

Yes, I like to use the following phrase:
"I'm not certain regarding details of the vaccine program implementation and distribution; I am just a doctor, not a politician."

[Linked Image]
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: RickS.] #13774016 11/17/20 05:19 PM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RickS.
Gotta admit. I haven't been paranoid at all about it. Until last week when a coworker tested positive. I had a sneezing fit a couple days later. My thinking was here we go. But that's all it was, a sneezing fit.
I never sneeze just once either. It's always at least a half dozen, often times it's more.

My wife has sneeze fits like that too rick, she always has as long as I’ve known her.
Never just one or two, I know of anyone else like that until you typed this-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774021 11/17/20 05:26 PM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
If and when the vaccine becomes readily available both of us (Kim and I) are unsure about taking it........I have the bad notion that at some point it will be forced upon us, not voluntarily but by some sort of law when this new administration takes over.......the tipping point has arrived and some how in the back of my mind I’ve seen it coming.......

I hope by God’s grace he will end this because I don’t think any of us can no matter how much precautions we take it will not be going away. If it was this easy for it to have hit us........just consider what’s to come.........these are just deep thoughts Im Sure a lot folks have considered but are afraid to admit ......

Last edited by Chug-bug-bang1; 11/17/20 05:29 PM.

Hey pull my finger 👉🏻💨
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Frank the Tank] #13774022 11/17/20 05:27 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
It's real and should be taken seriously. Not stop life all around you for a month seriously, because we can't do that, but it needs to be taken seriously. Wear a mask when in public because it's just not that bog of a deal and will help slow the spread. and if it saves 1 life then it's worth it. I don't want that blood on my hands. Speaking of hands, wash them freqeuntly. Use hand sanitizer. Why not? Can't hurt. Finally, if you have any symptoms, stay home and avoid contact. Those who are high risk, need to be extra cautious and just avoid crowds. For example, we have a dear friend who lives down the street, she is very high risk. We have avoided contact with her physically and observed social distancing. It's really all we can do. But life goes on and we have to live. Life can't stop. We have to find balance. Carry on, Be a man, live life and be kind.

If it saves one life? Really? What happened to you? Is this life really that grand you can't meet your maker? When they brought the crippled man to Jesus and he told them "Your sins are forgiven" many balked thinking.... Well what good did that do?

I better just stop the rant right here before I say what I really want. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774028 11/17/20 05:33 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
At my house we all have allergies. Funny thing is when my wife has it I am fine. As she starts getting better mine starts up.
Back last fall I started getting it. Like usual sneezing and runny nose followed by drainage that gives me a throat infection causing me to cough. That takes a month or more to go away.
It happens with such regularity that I did not consider it to be Covid. But you never know, right? The worst part was at work with it. Every time you'd cough people would step away and I would explain my ills to them.

I did find that wearing a face mask all the time worked pretty good against allergies. Now that my allergies have gotten better I still look for a face mask whenever I feel a sneeze coming on.

By summer this will all be gone. My hope.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774042 11/17/20 05:43 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
If and when the vaccine becomes readily available both of us (Kim and I) are unsure about taking it........I have the bad notion that at some point it will be forced upon us, not voluntarily but by some sort of law when this new administration takes over.......the tipping point has arrived and some how in the back of my mind I’ve seen it coming.......

I hope by God’s grace he will end this because I don’t think any of us can no matter how much precautions we take it will not be going away. If it was this easy for it to have hit us........just consider what’s to come.........these are just deep thoughts Im Sure a lot folks have considered but are afraid to admit ......

They will find a way to slip it into your water supply like they did with the fluoride.......

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: JacksonBean] #13774045 11/17/20 05:44 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
It's real and should be taken seriously. Not stop life all around you for a month seriously, because we can't do that, but it needs to be taken seriously. Wear a mask when in public because it's just not that bog of a deal and will help slow the spread. and if it saves 1 life then it's worth it. I don't want that blood on my hands. Speaking of hands, wash them freqeuntly. Use hand sanitizer. Why not? Can't hurt. Finally, if you have any symptoms, stay home and avoid contact. Those who are high risk, need to be extra cautious and just avoid crowds. For example, we have a dear friend who lives down the street, she is very high risk. We have avoided contact with her physically and observed social distancing. It's really all we can do. But life goes on and we have to live. Life can't stop. We have to find balance. Carry on, Be a man, live life and be kind.

If it saves one life? Really? What happened to you? Is this life really that grand you can't meet your maker? When they brought the crippled man to Jesus and he told them "Your sins are forgiven" many balked thinking.... Well what good did that do?

I better just stop the rant right here before I say what I really want. wink

I think he may be saying the personal decision each person makes might save a life by wearing a face mask.
Life really is grand IMO. Getting older now I don't fear death like I did as a youngster but I do value life as we all should. I don't want to give it to anyone. I don't want to get it. I want to live as long as God wants me to.

My older sister lives with us. Every time I go out I think what my mother would think if she was alive and knew Sharon or anyone else got Covid from me because I ignored the risk. Maybe you are right but its a decision each person makes.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13774078 11/17/20 05:59 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
They will find a way to slip it into your water supply like they did with the fluoride.......

Here we go......

[Linked Image]
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: JacksonBean] #13774082 11/17/20 06:00 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Here we go......

I was being sarcastic, thus the ....... at the end of the sentence. Oh, wait, you have them there too. Never mind.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Allison1] #13774088 11/17/20 06:02 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Allison1
Every time I go out I think what my mother would think if she was alive and knew Sharon or anyone else got Covid from me because I ignored the risk.

This is in no way directed at you, it’s purely a reflection of what hit my brain when I read that sentence. It reminded me of a SNL Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy episode.

If a child asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if that child then asks, “Why is God crying?”, I think it’s even cuter to tell him, “Probably because of something you did."

Last edited by Sawhorse; 11/17/20 06:05 PM.
Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us [Re: Chug-bug-bang1] #13774096 11/17/20 06:08 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide