Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13770352 11/14/20 05:45 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
I haven't been sick in years..............

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13770357 11/14/20 05:49 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
Not dismissing the seriousness of it for some people, just thought this was interesting....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13770388 11/14/20 06:15 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Good, get him motivated to work out some problems and he will get it done.

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13770558 11/14/20 09:59 PM
rebait Offline
Angler
Angler
Slim we are all different. Its easy to clown around on these sites and sometimes we wish we hadn't or just need to read more carefully. I know I have said things I regret and had to be man enough to apologize after inserting foot in mouth. I own a retail hardware store in a small town and have been going 6 to 7 days since the start of this mess. Thank God my family nor any of my employees have contracted the illness. We try to be cautious and take precautions. Most of my customers have been very respectful even if they don't like it they still wear a mask to make others feel better, even if they don't think it helps. Some thought it was all bull, now they have lost a loved one and think a bit different.
As I see many folks from all walks of life it is sad to say more people only care about themselves anymore. You can see it in their actions and behaviors. In many cases this is why the Government has to take away our freedoms, we can't police ourselves. Laws have been on the books for hundreds of years because of these very reasons.
Sorry for the rant and I'll come down off my soapbox now.
God bless and protect yourself and families.
Slim I hope you continue to improve and don't contact covid again. Be careful out there.

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13772612 11/16/20 05:55 PM
DJTripleR Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Per my Dr there have only been two completely confirmed cases of someone catching it twice. This was about 4 weeks ago when I went in for some lung testiing! I am not saying to some who get sick it isn't bad but for me the freaking mind game/anxiety is the worst part.

Good Fishing To Ya,
Ruben

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: uncle_bagster] #13772657 11/16/20 06:30 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by uncle_bagster
They're finding some people who were cured of covid go on to develop mental issues. If that's the case, I must have had it several times.

Unfortunately, this is true. My dad is in the hospital and is Covid positive. The only symptoms he has are mental, like hallucinations, delusions and paranoia. He has no fever, cough nor any other of the normal symptoms. His reaction is usually only found in elderly patients. He's been in the hospital since the evening of the 5th and will hopefully be released back to his senior living facility tomorrow or the next day. He was in a bad place when admitted to the hospital. He's much better now, but still has confusion.

I visited him Friday and it was nerve-racking walking through the big red doors marked "Restricted Area - Covid-19." I was given a mask to put over my existing mask with a plastic face shield, a plastic gown to cover my clothes, and gloves. Call it what you want, but it's not "just the flu." My prayers are up for anyone who has it or has a family member fighting Covid.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13772675 11/16/20 06:38 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
It's amazing to me we still don't have a better handle on this virus and how it works. It seems to impact so many people so very differently. I have a family of close friends who contracted the virus. Folks who share largely the same DNA had symptoms that ranged from a minor cough to being put on a ventilator. One will probably not make it through the week. For those on here who have had it, I'm glad to hear you've all recovered. For those who have had it bad, your stories are useful to hear. Thanks for sharing.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13772726 11/16/20 07:13 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
They're finding some people who were cured of covid go on to develop mental issues. If that's the case, I must have had it several times.

Unfortunately, this is true. My dad is in the hospital and is Covid positive. The only symptoms he has are mental, like hallucinations, delusions and paranoia. He has no fever, cough nor any other of the normal symptoms. His reaction is usually only found in elderly patients. He's been in the hospital since the evening of the 5th and will hopefully be released back to his senior living facility tomorrow or the next day. He was in a bad place when admitted to the hospital. He's much better now, but still has confusion.

I visited him Friday and it was nerve-racking walking through the big red doors marked "Restricted Area - Covid-19." I was given a mask to put over my existing mask with a plastic face shield, a plastic gown to cover my clothes, and gloves. Call it what you want, but it's not "just the flu." My prayers are up for anyone who has it or has a family member fighting Covid.

Glad to hear he's doing better and hope he gets back to normal soon. Nope, it's not "just like the flu." My wife had it bad for about 6 days. Absolutely wiped her out and she was as healthy as can be prior.

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13772756 11/16/20 07:28 PM
D
DedShort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
With all of the false positives, it makes me wonder if some of the people that have tested positive twice ever really had it the first time. I've been told that any type of corona virus, which are fairly common, can trigger a positive Covid 19 test result.

Last edited by DedShort; 11/16/20 07:28 PM.

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13772837 11/16/20 08:24 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

Wish you Dad the very best in his recovery JP.

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13772875 11/16/20 08:47 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Nobody has had it twice.
And won't, at least not this same virus.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: reeltexan] #13772885 11/16/20 08:54 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Nobody has had it twice.
And won't, at least not this same virus.

CDC disagrees.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html#:~:text=Cases%20of%20reinfection%20of%20COVID,viruses%2C%20some%20reinfections%20are%20expected.

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13772902 11/16/20 09:04 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
It (reinfections) has happened. It is rare. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...-light-covid-reinfection-2-trials-paused

Strange how the disease has affected many differently.

Slim, I'd think you will continue to get stronger. I was terribly sick for 3 weeks and several months getting over "it". I still have mild stamina issues. I tested positive for 2 months. My symptoms were debilitating weakness for a month or more, fever over 100*F for 2 weeks, joint and muscle pain for a week, weak dry cough and thick phlegm for 3 - 4 days ... all starting from onset of symptoms on the 1st day. I developed shortness of breath about 5-7 days in which persisted easily 2 months and this was accompanied by below normal oxygen saturation levels. At worst my O2 sats were 87%-88% . 91%-93% is more the average. No cough at this point nor congestion. Because I worked in critical care I often checked my o2 sats and they were always 99%-100% so my lungs were good.

Oxygen exchange and general weakness were thusly my most pronounced lingering symptoms. I never had the classic pneumonia or even sniffles. I got sick over a 12 hour period of onset of symptoms and I mean from feeling OK to really feeling turrible.

As far as reinfection goes, I don't sweat it. I go out with the wife and family, we've gone for date weekends out of town, I wear a mask only when required or asked to which is maybe 30% of the time. It's a virus and masks won't prevent infection (I was wearing 2 all the time at the hospital including an N-95). As I have stated here several times I feel handwashing/anti-septics and a modicum of social distancing are the best tools at prevention. I had to make a grocery run today and other than going to get gas or a burger in our small town I haven't been around anyone other than a couple of guys on my leases and the GW.

Don't be fearful. You have a modicum of prevention with the antibodies right now. My wife thought I could have tipped over the edge and not survived for about 10 days while I was sick here (I refused to go to the hospital). As Moto says, we are all dying. Be prepared in your heart. None of us really want to go out "now" but it's not our choice. cheers

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13773015 11/16/20 10:21 PM
S
SoonerDG Online Sick
Extreme Angler
Online Sick
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by slim 285
Just wondering how many people have got it twice .

Yes, a lady who works for me has had it twice.

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Re: Has anybody had covid twice ? [Re: slim 285] #13773067 11/16/20 11:04 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by slim 285
I am one of the unfortunate ones that it almost took out .
22 days ago I was tested covid positive . I got the hydroxychlor and strong antibiotics for what was a sinus infection. Seven days later I checked into the hospital with covid (pneumonia )
The day I walked in I made piece with the Good Lord . I was not real sure I would walk out.

I spent eleven days in there with oxygen running wide open up my nose for the first few days.

This virus is serious for for some of us .

And there are the ones that cut a chunk off it and eat it for desert .

And that is my reason for asking what seem like a dumb question to some of you .

God bless , it has made realize how fragile we really are . I have never really been sick and I am 64

Glad you made it be diligent in your personal protections. It is thought you may be immune for 90 days but certainly that is not known as fact.

Yes people on a navy ship had it twice very early on, if you google it you can find it Im sure, they had about a dozen get it the second time.

The media has declared xxx person the first to get it twice at least on two other occasions apparently the media doesnt google before they write a headline or make a claim.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide