Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: ckcrew] #10960094 07/06/15 09:31 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Summer gets especially tough. I caught some really nice fish during the spawn and post-spawn up to 7 pounds. I haven't caught a really big one this year yet (8+). Tie on a drop shot with a zoom finesse worm or KVD dream shot and you will catch fish. May even fool a big one.

Go Tech
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #10960119 07/06/15 09:43 PM
D
Double K Outdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I used to fish this place almost daily during the middle of the day since I worked right down the street. I'd only fish during my lunch breaks though so at most, I was out there for an hour. I've caught dinks, and I've caught some nice bass on a variety of baits. You really have to be in the right place at the right time with the right bait. This place is awesome, but really hard to fish.

These are just a few of the nicer bass that I've caught there.

~You won't catch any fish if you don't try!
[Linked Image]

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: RedRaider3933] #10962979 07/08/15 06:32 AM
C
curtis.e.flush Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Originally Posted By: curtis.e.flush
Originally Posted By: ckcrew
Originally Posted By: curtis.e.flush

Also, there have been reports of people taking healthy sized bass out of there. While a catch and release sign isn't posted, feel free to give the person(s) an ear full.

can you clarify? is it illegal to take bass out of there or are you merely suggesting that though its legal, taking bass out of a small body of water is frowned upon. i fish there from time to time and wouldn't want to tell someone wrong info if i see them taking fish.

No catch and release sign is posted, therefore it is legal to remove fish from the ponds. However, for those individuals taking fish (8lb bass) are effectively depleting the population, and consequently effecting the sport fisherman and communities enjoyment.

The pond it self has not been stocked since 2005 (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0976)

What I don't understand, perhaps; someone as yourself might formulate an argument; why would anyone choose to take fish from a pond which receives direct community watershed; i.e. car wash soap, dog [censored], trash, etc.

Cheers and healthy eating. laugh

Even if there is no sign posted I can almost guarantee that the people taking fish out do not have a fishing license. I have told people multiple times that I will call the game warden on them. Is it right? Probably not, but if they don't have a license they shouldn't be there in the first place.

To add, this place used to be awesome. It actually had aquatic vegetation back in 2009ish and you could have some awesome days out there. Since then the pressure and lack of cover has really made it tough. Although there are still monsters in there they are often difficult to catch.

Certainty, most do not have licenses. It is quite disappointing to see fish disappear from the pond, considering last TPWD stocking active. I am not advocating one to appropriate, nor harasses individuals removing fish. However, I'd like to see Twin Lakes survive and provide a future enjoyment for all anglers.

While the pond is challenging to fish, there are certain areas to concentrate on. Like many that fish it regularly, they are aware of this.

I personally have no issues confronting those removing fish considering the aforementioned. Perhaps, when enough concern is generated upon realizing that the fishing has deteriorated, may be things will change.

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #11046647 08/17/15 02:01 PM
Y
YAKaddict Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
Not talking about any of you guys , but a guy I fished with a couple of times didn't care about taking fish out of ponds/small bodies of water....he has been sitting at home looking at his gear for a while because the "fish aren't biting like they used to"....people are just plain stupid now a days! I fish all the time and I will NEVER tell him where. He has been asking me how to catch bass.....NO EFFIN WAY! I have no problem with people taking fish out of lakes, but ponds is different.

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #13770393 11/14/20 06:29 PM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
[Linked Image]

Old thread but yes thereโ€™s still good fish in there.........this caught 2 years ago. Guessing around 6+

Hey pull my finger ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’จ
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #13782985 11/24/20 09:14 AM
A
AntonySilva Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
All year round, I enjoy fishing as well as just walking around the lakes observing nature. Birds, fish and other animals can be seen as you stroll through this park.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide